READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

What graphics card should I get?

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
Voxelated
n00b

Re: What graphics card should I get?

Post by Voxelated » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:15 pm

I am not quite sure if "Graphic file formats" is the right place to discuss about graphics cards, but since you asked...
In short 1440p, 60fps, max settings would call something along the lines of NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 at least (being 2016 pascal card it probably won't be able to handle you're requirements for most modern titles). By the way I have very little to say about AMD variants for I rarely deal with them.
If you want to delve into deeper into your GPU research and PC gaming in general YouTube is not a bad place. It seems you have already discovered science studio, other solid ones include Linus tech tips, Digital Foundry, Jayztwocents and the like. These will help you garner pretty well rounded view of PC tech of today and will hopefully save you from some pitfalls to come. And if you happen to need assistance in some problem particular I highly recommend Tom's hardware forum, it's full of PC gaming veterans ready to lend a hand.
As for more direct approach for just finding the graphics card for you, just type on YouTube something along the lines of "GTX 1070 vs (the GPU of your choice)" to get the fps numbers to compare or go for "best GPU(s) for 1440p gaming". (You should not worry about if the games run with max settings since that is usually the standard for PC benchmarking. If the settings are lower the host of the video will usually say so and tell the settings utilized.)
For price of such piece of hardware, sorry, I haven't been keeping up with GPU prices recently. Just find the GPUs and googling them should yield some insight to that.

lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by lionheartuk » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:08 am

This isn't a real post, its a spam post, the post info is just copy pasted from another website from a long time ago, several websites have this exact text.
"Lemons are people nice hardworking & honest people too..."

Voxelated
n00b

Post by Voxelated » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:13 am

Oh okay. I am quite new to this forums thingy, so pardon me if I can't separate spam from the real deal.