Did you know? Xentax started the Unepic SID Channel, that brings the latest music composed for the SID chip! Support us by listening and subscribing! Over 50.000 songs already there!

Metroid Prime ancs files

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
antidote
beginner

Metroid Prime ancs files

Post by antidote » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:42 am

I've been trying for a while to crack the ANCS format for Metroid Prime, it contains scenegraph information for models, such as it's skeleton (CINF), skinning(CSKR) and animations (ANIM), and I have it mostly figured out, however there is one section that I can't seem to figure out. It's the PAS4 section, it seems to define particles and I can see a definite pattern, however I can't seem to make the pattern fit the header.
I've attached a few examples of ANCS with PAS4.

Any help would be appreciated.

As you can see, there is a definite pattern, but I can never make it work for some reason.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

antidote
beginner

Re: Metroid Prime ancs files

Post by antidote » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:58 am

I've been taking a closer look at PAS4 and there seems to be a fairly static size depending on the first integer after the magic, will need to investigate further before making that assumption though.
Also, there is a list of SWHC IDs in some of the ANCS files I've looked at, and I've now accounted for that as well.

antidote
beginner

Post by antidote » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:37 am

Anyone?
Please I really need help with this.

Devilot
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Devilot » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:44 pm

Perhaps MrAdults would know, Noesis can extract the models.

antidote
beginner

Post by antidote » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:06 am

Wow, I forgot about this thread, ANCS has long since been figured out, as a matter of fact we now have the ability to extract every animation in the game as well.