Offtopic: Into Commodore 64 (6502) coding, pixeling or music?
Xentax is looking for new members for the C64 activities!
Just drop us a message at forum@xentax.com and join the Scene Team!

Forum rules: Click here

[PS1] Fear Effect .WAD files

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
feareffectinferno
ultra-n00b

[PS1] Fear Effect .WAD files

Post by feareffectinferno » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:20 am

Hi, i need help, i've been talking with a programmer of the game, he told me the WAD files are not encrypted, but compressed.

I have exctracted ( using PSicture ) textures from those WAD files, but i don't know how to extract them.

I've opened the files with Hex Edit, i can see some .TIM .RMD .DB .ANM files but i don't know how to extract them. He told me the lowpoly models were made with Maya.

Attached some Wad files from the game. If some of you can extract and open the model ( Hana & Rain ) i would like to know how to do. Thanks, i'm trying to extract them since 2009.

Some WAD files from the game : http://www.mediafire.com/?8lre8clbo7e9b05

feareffectinferno
ultra-n00b

Re: [PS1] Fear Effect .WAD files

Post by feareffectinferno » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:59 pm

Hi, done, i've finally extracted the WAD Files, now i don't know, how to extract the .RMD files :/

----

I found .TIM .RMD .DB .ANM files, .RMD should be the models.

cra0
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by cra0 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:32 pm

feareffectinferno wrote:Hi, done, i've finally extracted the WAD Files, now i don't know, how to extract the .RMD files :/

----

I found .TIM .RMD .DB .ANM files, .RMD should be the models.
What header do the rmd files have

OverLung
ultra-n00b

Post by OverLung » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:43 pm

You can use the tool mentioned here:
http://www.the-horror.com/forums/showth ... chive-Tool
to extract the Fear Effect 1 & 2 WADs. It extracts the RMD, TIM, ANM files etc under a new ROOT folder in the same directory as the WAD file.
I had a go at decompiling the RMD files a few years ago and came up with some stuff - static objects like weapons have their 3d data in the RMD files, but animated ones are a bit more complicated - only the data for the body seems to be in there, I guess the rest is in the ANM and DB files; I didn't go too far into it, only made a 3d mesh importer for Blender, without any texture stuff. I have a couple of ODF files with some RMD structure information in them if you want.

feareffectinferno
ultra-n00b

Post by feareffectinferno » Wed May 07, 2014 12:53 pm

OverLung wrote:You can use the tool mentioned here:
http://www.the-horror.com/forums/showth ... chive-Tool
to extract the Fear Effect 1 & 2 WADs. It extracts the RMD, TIM, ANM files etc under a new ROOT folder in the same directory as the WAD file.
I had a go at decompiling the RMD files a few years ago and came up with some stuff - static objects like weapons have their 3d data in the RMD files, but animated ones are a bit more complicated - only the data for the body seems to be in there, I guess the rest is in the ANM and DB files; I didn't go too far into it, only made a 3d mesh importer for Blender, without any texture stuff. I have a couple of ODF files with some RMD structure information in them if you want.
Looks like the new version can't open WAD files anymore ...

Guys, this is a cry for help, I need someone to make a Fear Effect 1-2 Model Extractor ! Please !