Offtopic: Into Commodore 64 (6502) coding, pixeling or music?
Xentax is looking for new members for the C64 activities!
Just drop us a message at forum@xentax.com and join the Scene Team!

Forum rules: Click here

Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Lilstormcloud
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by Lilstormcloud » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:27 am

holla :D
Last edited by Lilstormcloud on Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:38 am

Protocol X27 wrote:As always nice work on the progress, b0ny? By chance does your extractor/injector support injecting the normals for the body. I know those are usually a different format for the volume texture.
if you mean the texture injector, then it's not a real tool it's just a wrapper for microsoft's xbox360 bundler.exe tool. and it can do everything bundler does. so if you mean the ATI2(DXN) textures(that can provide decent normal maps), than yes it's supported. but if you mean the volumetric normal maps(used for masking effects), then those are not supported(i hope i'll reverse the 3d swizzling and unswizzling functions to use them in my script to fix this)
tcl36478655 wrote:so,this script could swap the littler encrypted compressed file? or do i need to rewrite .xex("e0"->"00") after using this tool?
and thanks for this tool,it's useful. :keke:
for now this tool only works with DLC archives. i'll add a possibility to also inject to non dlc archives but there are two ways of doing this:
- one is to use xex tool to decrypt the default xex file then to patch the inside blp arrays, then to encrypt it back
- other way is to add the blp changes to an existing blp file of a DLC pack that will always be accessible to the game, in case that the game couldn't access this dlc it would crash when trying to load the injected file.

the thing is that the second method is a guess of mine, and i'm not sure about it. maybe someone could test it to make sure. to test it use two dlc's, open the blp file from the first dlc(blp1), copy a file entry, delete the entry you copied(ctrl+x), fix the number showing how much entries does this blp have, save blp1 and compile the dlc, then open blp2(second dlc), paste the entry copied from blp1 at the end of the file, fix the number of entries, save and compile. then try the skin that uses the copied file entry. if it works then the blp files are irrelevant to the content of the dlc archive and are used to patch the security check(that is mostly to be that way).

also i have a question - what happens when two dlc files contain the same costume, i've seen post's that this costume will conflict(?), but what does this mean?

tcl36478655
beginner

Post by tcl36478655 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:27 am

Lilstormcloud wrote:dloman and proto :-D just need skarlet and we'll all be here lol
:D :D :D
b0ny wrote: also i have a question - what happens when two dlc files contain the same costume, i've seen post's that this costume will conflict(?), but what does this mean?
i don't think so, but i have only swapped costumes in common.lnk and make four be same.
or maybe you mean that two different costumes use the same offset. that seems to be conflict i have remembered.

b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:14 am

tcl36478655 wrote:
b0ny wrote: also i have a question - what happens when two dlc files contain the same costume, i've seen post's that this costume will conflict(?), but what does this mean?
i don't think so, but i have only swapped costumes in common.lnk and make four be same.
or maybe you mean that two different costumes use the same offset. that seems to be conflict i have remembered.
lets say you have two dlc:
costume_pack_A(Black Bunny Suits) containing AYANE_DLC_007, HITOMI_DLC_006, KASUMI_DLC_006,
and costume_pack_B(Bunny Swimsuits) containing LEIFANG_DLC_006, HITOMI_DLC_006, KASUMI_DLC_006. as you can see two of three costumes are duplicated, which dlc will be chosen by the game when you'll try to load HITOMI_DLC_006? will this make the costume conflict?

Lilstormcloud
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Lilstormcloud » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:20 am

:eek: meh
Last edited by Lilstormcloud on Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:22 pm

b0ny wrote:if you mean the texture injector, then it's not a real tool it's just a wrapper for microsoft's xbox360 bundler.exe tool. and it can do everything bundler does. so if you mean the ATI2(DXN) textures(that can provide decent normal maps), than yes it's supported. but if you mean the volumetric normal maps(used for masking effects), then those are not supported(i hope i'll reverse the 3d swizzling and unswizzling functions to use them in my script to fix this)
Thanks, I was referring to the last one, the 3D. No hurry, that will be helpful when you do get a chance.
tcl36478655 wrote:
Lilstormcloud wrote:dloman and proto :-D just need skarlet and we'll all be here lol
:D :D :D
At least here, there are a lot less requests XD

b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:22 am

Lilstormcloud wrote:game will load all duplicates in the files. The name of the costumes are irrelevant I guess.
i don't get it, even if the names are irrelevant the game will open only a singe costume slot, indicated in the bcm file.
for example KASUMI_DLC_006.tmc have the same name for both "Black Bunny Suits" and "Bunny Swimsuits" and also have for both the same costume slot opened in the *.bcm file - 0505(first 5 is the character id 5=kasumi, and the second one is the costume slot 5(DLC_006 because numeration for those starts from 1). so the game can't load and use both coz both pretend to be in the same costume slot.
Lilstormcloud wrote: game loads all dlc, it's when two dlc containers are same that game crash?/freeze. (e.g black bunny and black bunny)
i see
Lilstormcloud wrote:For example I have kasumi cheerleader outfit in two separate dlc packs, I reinjected back into the cheerleader pack, and also a copy in the chinese outfit pack. both loads in game. Also we must have 1000s (maybe not that many) copies of lisa_dlc_4 injected in dlcs the main game and everywhere all of those runs fine in conjunction with each other.
isn't kasumi cheerleader outfit an exclusive for the cheerleader pack? if you mean that it wasn't in there and that was you who injected it then you misunderstood me - i meant the costumes provided by default by tecmo, not swapped by someone(tecmo put the same costumes in different dlc)

Lilstormcloud
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Lilstormcloud » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:52 am

Okay I think :wink:
Last edited by Lilstormcloud on Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:42 pm

Lilstormcloud wrote:... which gets loaded ... I can test by making a slight alteration to one packs costume then trying to load both and see which one wins out.
great

also does anyone know what does mean the third byte in the *.bcm file? i thought it's some kind of checksum, but i'm not sure, and i can't find where it's processed in the executable :( i need to now what happens if this variable gets changed - will the dlc still work? if so then it could be possible to create your own dlc, using the yet unused slots for the character's outfits.

note:
first byte in bcm = dlc version, dlc_version_2 uses a modified file table with more costumes, thus the file positions from blp do not match the file positions in the doa5 file table preceding the version 1.03
the second byte in bcm = the amount of costume slots to prepare for this dlc

Lilstormcloud
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Lilstormcloud » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:42 am

Bunnies :cry:
Last edited by Lilstormcloud on Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.

tcl36478655
beginner

Post by tcl36478655 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:04 am

:dance: create a new dlc! how exciting!

Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:31 pm

I don't remember if mario mentioned which file it was in, but the costume pack slots were predefined in the core game files.

If that's true, I'd think that it'd be possible to substitute the whole DLC package via reference which might be handy to replace say the Santa ones with a 2nd Swimsuit one, but I think that would depend on any values using a relative reference or ensuring that package identifiers are properly renamed.

b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by b0ny » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:45 pm

doa5archivarius version 1.1

added the possibility to inject in DVD's lnk files, for this you have to use the "xextool" to convert "default.xex" from the disk to "default.exe" -> put it in the same directory as the script -> restart -> inject the needed file -> convert the(patched) "default.exe" back to "default.xex"(using xextool) -> write the patched "default.xex" back to the disc along with the patched lnk file.(you also have to do a certain fix to "default.xex" to work with the 1.03 patch, search info on the forum about this fix)

test it, report troubles

Lilstormcloud thanks for testing

Protocol X27 separate costume slots are predefined, but not the whole dlc

Protocol X27
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Protocol X27 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:12 pm

Ah good to know.

I'll have to check out that new injector. I'm really digging the alternate texture capability now of your python one. I've already updated at least 3 models with it, and using it for regular textures is a huge time saver over the swizzle method.

Lilstormcloud
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Lilstormcloud » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:32 pm

thanks! :D
Last edited by Lilstormcloud on Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.