Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
XvSiriusvX
ultra-n00b
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by XvSiriusvX » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:38 am

I do use GreedXplorer for extracting textures, but how would I go about re-encoding the textures back into the xpr/hdd through GreedXplorer after Im done modifying them and am putting them back in?

I use 'replace texture' when browsing an xpr on there, but again, it shows up normal on greedXplorer but in game the whole model is invisible.

daydreamdirty
n00b
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by daydreamdirty » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:28 pm

i know you can extract all of the textures from the xpr files and to replace the textures you have to click the individual files in the window below to replace them at all. to view what you're doing, enable "load 3D objects automatically" in options.


that's all i figured out in so far unfortunately.

b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 10:10 am
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by b0ny » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:04 pm

so guys what are your thoughts on doa5 3d format. i think it's partially based on doax2 tpr format.
does anyone have the description of doax2 tpr(or doa4)? or maybe some source code using this format(please-please-please). it will be very helpful for understanding the doa5 models structure.

i think it's our duty to meet the final release of the game with good skins and modding tools :)

Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran
Posts: 708
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:16 pm
Has thanked: 71 times
Been thanked: 120 times

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by Darko » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:47 pm

b0ny wrote:so guys what are your thoughts on doa5 3d format. i think it's partially based on doax2 tpr format.
does anyone have the description of doax2 tpr(or doa4)? or maybe some source code using this format(please-please-please). it will be very helpful for understanding the doa5 models structure.

i think it's our duty to meet the final release of the game with good skins and modding tools :)
I think there's some info in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3741&hilit=Ninja+Gaiden

NG2 and DOAX2 use the same format. I don't know if Noesis plugin has the source code.
Image

b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 10:10 am
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by b0ny » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:15 am

anyone interested in doa5 format?
ayane costume 01:
Image

stage "DOROU2":
Image

daydreamdirty
n00b
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by daydreamdirty » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:55 pm

sure, couldn't hurt to know.

mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 546
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:00 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 182 times

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by mariokart64n » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:48 pm

nothing tricky happening in the format?
Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account

b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 10:10 am
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by b0ny » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:22 pm

my blender importer for vertex data from doa5 models:
io_import_TMC.zip
an extractor for doa5 ".lnk" archive:
viewtopic.php?p=69908#p69908
daydreamdirty wrote:sure, couldn't hurt to know.
i don't have much info, and actually was hoping for some help on the format.
mariokart64n wrote:nothing tricky happening in the format?
compared to what? :) i'm not familiar with the doax2 and ng2 format, and couldn't find much info on them. though the format is reversed to the ground and noesis can lossles import these models.
the whole file is made of objects with a common interface, which is like this:
Image
char[8] - objectName //up to 8 characters
DWORD - ? //is always 0xff000100
DWORD - objectType? //0x30 - this file, 0x50 - tmcl header
DWORD - objectSize //size of this object
DWORD - num1 // number of objects in the first array
DWORD - num2 // number of objects in the second array
DWORD - offset1 // offset in this object to the first array mostly array of offsets to some data(subobjects) in this object
DWORD - offset2 // offset in this object to the second array mostly array of sizes to data from the first array
to export the vertex data i used info from three objects:
LHeader - tmcl header, contains the offsets and sizes for texture block, vertex block and index block
VtxLay - offsets and sizes for vertex buffers in vertex block (tmcl)
IdxLay - offsets and sizes for index buffers in index block (tmcl)

P.S. does anyone know how to unpack ninja gaiden 3 "lnk" container. i'd like to extract ng3 models because doa5 models are imao boring(model is in one piece) and ugly :(

Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran
Posts: 708
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:16 pm
Has thanked: 71 times
Been thanked: 120 times

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by Darko » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:55 pm

b0ny wrote:my blender importer for vertex data from doa5 models:
io_import_TMC.zip
an extractor for doa5 ".lnk" archive:
viewtopic.php?p=69908#p69908
daydreamdirty wrote:sure, couldn't hurt to know.
i don't have much info, and actually was hoping for some help on the format.
mariokart64n wrote:nothing tricky happening in the format?
compared to what? :) i'm not familiar with the doax2 and ng2 format, and couldn't find much info on them. though the format is reversed to the ground and noesis can lossles import these models.
the whole file is made of objects with a common interface, which is like this:
Image
char[8] - objectName //up to 8 characters
DWORD - ? //is always 0xff000100
DWORD - objectType? //0x30 - this file, 0x50 - tmcl header
DWORD - objectSize //size of this object
DWORD - num1 // number of objects in the first array
DWORD - num2 // number of objects in the second array
DWORD - offset1 // offset in this object to the first array mostly array of offsets to some data(subobjects) in this object
DWORD - offset2 // offset in this object to the second array mostly array of sizes to data from the first array
to export the vertex data i used info from three objects:
LHeader - tmcl header, contains the offsets and sizes for texture block, vertex block and index block
VtxLay - offsets and sizes for vertex buffers in vertex block (tmcl)
IdxLay - offsets and sizes for index buffers in index block (tmcl)

P.S. does anyone know how to unpack ninja gaiden 3 "lnk" container. i'd like to extract ng3 models because doa5 models are imao boring(model is in one piece) and ugly :(
Using offzip you can rip the data without names (just extensions) but it's worth of trying.
Image

Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran
Posts: 708
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:16 pm
Has thanked: 71 times
Been thanked: 120 times

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by Darko » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:22 pm

Hi bony, I had this error in your python script:

Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edit: I could run it in blender 2.61.
Last edited by Darko on Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 546
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:00 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 182 times

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by mariokart64n » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:58 am

damn soo many funny projects.. when does the full game release?
Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account

b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 10:10 am
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by b0ny » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:42 pm

a little unpacker for "ninja gaiden 3":
http://rghost.ru/37543470

i renamed "R_AYA_A.GMD" to "R_AYA_A.TMC" and "R_AYA_A.TTGL" to "R_AYA_A.TMCL" and imported it to blender with the doa5 script i posted before:
Image

it's cool that ng3 models are compatible with doa5 format. i'm wondering if it's possible to swap doa5 models with ng3 models

Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran
Posts: 708
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:16 pm
Has thanked: 71 times
Been thanked: 120 times

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by Darko » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:08 pm

b0ny wrote:a little unpacker for "ninja gaiden 3":
http://rghost.ru/37543470

i renamed "R_AYA_A.GMD" to "R_AYA_A.TMC" and "R_AYA_A.TTGL" to "R_AYA_A.TMCL" and imported it to blender with the doa5 script i posted before:
Image

it's cool that ng3 models are compatible with doa5 format. i'm wondering if it's possible to swap doa5 models with ng3 models
Where's that model?? lol from the common file I can't find her.

Are you gonna contine developing your tool??
Image

b0ny
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 10:10 am
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by b0ny » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:11 am

Darko wrote:
b0ny wrote:a little unpacker for "ninja gaiden 3":
http://rghost.ru/37543470

i renamed "R_AYA_A.GMD" to "R_AYA_A.TMC" and "R_AYA_A.TTGL" to "R_AYA_A.TMCL" and imported it to blender with the doa5 script i posted before:
Image

it's cool that ng3 models are compatible with doa5 format. i'm wondering if it's possible to swap doa5 models with ng3 models
Where's that model?? lol from the common file I can't find her.
Are you gonna contine developing your tool??
this tool will only unpack the whole game at once, not just the common file. you should put it in a folder with the "archive_order.bin" and all "lnk" files, and it will unpack all files in the same directory, otherwise it will give you an error on the missing lnk file and will stop unpacking.

this model is from the "\CHAR\R_AYA_A\" folder. you'll find in the char folder all characters from the game

dragbody
veteran
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:33 am
Has thanked: 137 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools

Post by dragbody » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:42 pm

I've been able to use the doa5 importer perfectly on the ng3 models. Thank you so much!

I'm now wondering what to do about getting the textures. Is there a simple step I'm overlooking? Or have they not been figured out yet?

Post Reply