Poll time! Click here: Are you interested in the chiptune scene? If so, which?. Let's see what our community thinks of the chiptune scene. :) !

A few game support requests

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Darkfox
VVIP member
VVIP member

A few game support requests

Post by Darkfox » Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:31 pm

These games are pretty old but some people still play them, including myself of course 8D, it would be nice if MultiEx could support them.

Star Control - PKG files
Star Control 2 - PKGs (Contains MOD music and internal SHPs) and possibly SHPs since they supposedly contain files themselves
Star Crusader - GLs, DATs, and it's single sounds.pak which apparently contains wav files of strange structure
and Xanth (and it's relatives) - MUS (contains midis as far as I know) PIC (Possibly contains PCXs) and RGN (Maybe conains sounds)

They are old indeed but it would be nice if at least one or two were supported, I can provide some of those files if you want

TheDyingInformant
veteran

Post by TheDyingInformant » Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:55 am

I really wish someone could make MultiEx support Metal Gear Solid 2 PC. I really don't have the time, but I really want access to the dialog files, sounds, and music. I am no scripter/programmer/hacker. I'm sure even with tutorials on how to do it I am not the right kind of thinker for it. Plus I don't have the time right now.

But I do want access to the game's .dat files so bad, that I am even willing to pay someone money to do it. Not much, but if someone doesn't want to do it for free, a bribe is ok with me.

I might be able to find someone at my school who can help me with that, but I am too busy to worry about it right now. Still, I have been trying to access these files for several months now, with no success.