Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Help with similiar 3d models

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Bigchillghost
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Help with similiar 3d models

Post by Bigchillghost » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:48 am

greenlemonade1 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:01 pm
i tried morhping, but also no success.
If you did it correctly but it didn't work, then the method explained above won't work either.
BTW I suggest you to make a better quote next time instead of mixing other's post with yours. Probably you'd better preview your post before submission.
May you find peace in this puzzle-solving game. Say it with action: click the Image when you get helped.:)

greenlemonade1
advanced

Post by greenlemonade1 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:47 am

Bigchillghost wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:48 am
greenlemonade1 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:01 pm
i tried morhping, but also no success.
If you did it correctly but it didn't work, then the method explained above won't work either.
BTW I suggest you to make a better quote next time instead of mixing other's post with yours. Probably you'd better preview your post before submission.
Actully I'm stucked, but I tried to figure it out, but no results. I belive in your knowledge, that this will work, but it's hard to understand. Maybe if you made a script/ modify the made one. Or to fix just cm16 script, I don't know where is that script in cm16. exe maybe?

Bigchillghost
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:29 am

Here's the modified head_330_0.rx3 file using the positions, normals and tangents of head_41_0.rx3. Since the mismatches of bone indices and weights in the vertex structure between the two files just raise uncertainties of the effect caused by the modification, I didn't replace the whole data chunk. The same reason it might look weird in game.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
May you find peace in this puzzle-solving game. Say it with action: click the Image when you get helped.:)

greenlemonade1
advanced

Post by greenlemonade1 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:20 pm

Bigchillghost wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:29 am
Here's the modified head_330_0.rx3 file using the positions, normals and tangents of head_41_0.rx3. Since the mismatches of bone indices and weights in the vertex structure between the two files just raise uncertainties of the effect caused by the modification, I didn't replace the whole data chunk. The same reason it might look weird in game.
No, master, It's perfect, in game also. Can you tell me how you did it, or make a tutorial. Incredible!! :D

Bigchillghost
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:46 am

greenlemonade1 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:20 pm
Can you tell me how you did it
Similar procedure as explained previously, except that you just replace part of the vertex data in the target file instead of the whole rearranged source chunk.

Here's a command line tool to map the vertex in the source chunk to the target chunk.
See below for a detailed how-to.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bigchillghost
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:47 am

Dump the vertex data chunk for the face mesh in the file you want to replace with, as shown below. Say the filename to be face41.dat.

step123.png

step 4: repeat step 1 to 3 on the file you want to replace for the corresponding mesh chunk, say the filename of it to be face330.dat;
step 5: open cmd under current path, assuming that you've also got vertexMap.exe in it, input the following commands:
vertexMap.exe face41.dat face330.dat

step 6: copy everything in face330.dat, and replace the original data in head_330_0.rx3.
step 7: repeat step 1 to 6 for the eyelashes mesh.

greenlemonade1
advanced

Post by greenlemonade1 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:15 am

Bigchillghost wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:47 am
Dump the vertex data chunk for the face mesh in the file you want to replace with, as shown below. Say the filename to be face41.dat.

step123.png

step 4: repeat step 1 to 3 on the file you want to replace for the corresponding mesh chunk, say the filename of it to be face330.dat;
step 5: open cmd under current path, assuming that you've also got vertexMap.exe in it, input the following commands:
vertexMap.exe face41.dat face330.dat

step 6: copy everything in face330.dat, and replace the original data in head_330_0.rx3.
step 7: repeat step 1 to 6 for the eyelashes mesh.
Thank you so much for this explanation in detalis, I'm so thankful, you are so kind! Just one tiny thing, I tried to swape parts of the hair, because hair file has 2 parts, and in fifa16 is is different, like the head and eyes mashes are swapped, altough fifa online 4 hair work in fifa16, but doesn't move, so I realized that the parts are set in different. So i swapped data blocks, and had render problems, can you take a look, it's last thing that I need to know for the fifa conversion, because I realized head conversion, beacuse of you :D
https://www.mediafire.com/file/dmiltkdc ... e.rar/file

Bigchillghost
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:31 am

greenlemonade1 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:15 am
I tried to swape parts of the hair, ..., altough fifa online 4 hair work in fifa16, but doesn't move, so I realized that the parts are set in different.
So i swapped data blocks, and had render problems
Are "fifa online 4 hair work in fifa16, but doesn't move" and "had render problems" the same thing?

This file uses half-float for position coordinates which resulted in the change of the UV offset.
hfPos.png
While vertexMap.exe just assume that the UV is at offset 0x14 in the vertex array, the updated chunk file should be much larger than the original, and might has already been messed up. So I have no idea how you got it work in game. Unless you replaced the data with the whole chunk from another file.

greenlemonade1
advanced

Post by greenlemonade1 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:12 am

Bigchillghost wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:31 am
greenlemonade1 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:15 am
I tried to swape parts of the hair, ..., altough fifa online 4 hair work in fifa16, but doesn't move, so I realized that the parts are set in different.
So i swapped data blocks, and had render problems
Are "fifa online 4 hair work in fifa16, but doesn't move" and "had render problems" the same thing?

This file uses half-float for position coordinates which resulted in the change of the UV offset.
hfPos.png

While vertexMap.exe just assume that the UV is at offset 0x14 in the vertex array, the updated chunk file should be much larger than the original, and might has already been messed up. So I have no idea how you got it work in game. Unless you replaced the data with the whole chunk from another file.
Yes they are working, actually hair_0_0 is moving, and it should hair_0_1. Render problems were when I swappedn blocks, I used fifa file explorer by jenkey, it can be open any rx3 file, and divide chunks, so you got all 14 blocks that are in the file. I think the hair is not messed up, it's like that 2 parts, one part like layer and eyebrows, the other is hair.
p.s. I swappedn blocks: 5,6, 9 and 10. Here is my try: https://www.mediafire.com/file/1v8odeg7 ... n.rx3/file

Bigchillghost
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:07 am

greenlemonade1 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:12 am
p.s. I swappedn blocks: 5,6, 9 and 10.
That makes sense. You replaced both the vertex and the index blocks.
greenlemonade1 wrote:
actually hair_0_0 is moving, and it should hair_0_1.
That's because of the reason I wrote here:
Bigchillghost wrote:
...the mismatches of bone indices and weights in the vertex structure between the two files...
And that's why you can only replace the positions, normals and tangents of each vertex.

greenlemonade1
advanced

Post by greenlemonade1 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:37 am

Bigchillghost wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:07 am
greenlemonade1 wrote:
p.s. I swappedn blocks: 5,6, 9 and 10.
That makes sense. You replaced both the vertex and the index blocks.
greenlemonade1 wrote:
actually hair_0_0 is moving, and it should hair_0_1.
That's because of the reason I wrote here:
Bigchillghost wrote:
...the mismatches of bone indices and weights in the vertex structure between the two files...
And that's why you can only replace the positions, normals and tangents of each vertex.
That I can do with the last tutorial you gave or? I thought it will be easier, because of just one file :(

Bigchillghost
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:32 pm

Same procedure, but use this one for half-float positions.

greenlemonade1
advanced

Post by greenlemonade1 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:46 pm

Bigchillghost wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:32 pm
Same procedure, but use this one for half-float positions.
HAIR: It said that amont of vertices is not the same, when I tried to convert hair, I done exactly as you said, I found the correct offset etc. What shouldI do now?
HEADS: As I tried to convert new models, strange thing happened, although the lenght is the same as in older models 25000h, but I got bugs in blender, old models are working like a charm :D
https://www.mediafire.com/file/smiobwmr ... 9.rx3/file

Bigchillghost
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:47 am

greenlemonade1 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:46 pm
HAIR: It said that amont of vertices is not the same, when I tried to convert hair, I done exactly as you said, I found the correct offset etc. What shouldI do now?
You can map the vertices from one file to another only when they have equal amount of vertices. I don't have the other file so can't tell if you did it right.
greenlemonade1 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:46 pm
HEADS: As I tried to convert new models, strange thing happened, although the lenght is the same as in older models 25000h, but I got bugs in blender
Coz this model has UV errors compared to the other (head_330_0.rx3), which causes the mismatches of vertices after sorting.
errors.png
In this case it'll require fuzzy matching, and that could be complicated.

Bigchillghost
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:06 am

Some vertices of the head in head_330_0.rx3 even have overlapped UVs though they're two different vertices in 3D space.
diffPosSameUV.png
It's possible that this could result in mismatching issue. Another factor that makes this method unreliable.