READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Takato Matsukj
beginner
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:39 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post by Takato Matsukj » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:33 am

daemon1 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:52 pm
1st post updated. Fixed normals in maps.
Thank you so much for this.

I appreciate your time and effort

AESRYL
n00b
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:37 pm
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post by AESRYL » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:29 pm

daemon1 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:52 pm
1st post updated. Fixed normals in maps.
What about the Mesh / Texture UVs?

User avatar
lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran
Posts: 688
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 10:55 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post by lionheartuk » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:55 pm

AESRYL wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:29 pm
daemon1 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:52 pm
1st post updated. Fixed normals in maps.
What about the Mesh / Texture UVs?
The UV's work fine for all the meshes I've extracted so far.
do you have a mesh with no UV's?
Textures can be dumped with umodel the standard way.
"Lemons are people nice hardworking & honest people too..."

AESRYL
n00b
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:37 pm
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post by AESRYL » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:22 pm

lionheartuk wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:55 pm
AESRYL wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:29 pm
daemon1 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:52 pm
1st post updated. Fixed normals in maps.
What about the Mesh / Texture UVs?
The UV's work fine for all the meshes I've extracted so far.
do you have a mesh with no UV's?
Textures can be dumped with umodel the standard way.
Alot of my meshes have broken UVs thats why im asking

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran
Posts: 1922
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 1471 times

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post by daemon1 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:12 pm

AESRYL wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:29 pm
What about the Mesh / Texture UVs?
there are no problems with UVs. You must be doing something wrong.

pepsiguy2
beginner
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:08 am
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post by pepsiguy2 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:23 pm

Yeah I'm not finding any problems using 3dsMax + MarioKart's updated XNA script that imports Daemon's ascii format.

However, I am finding a bunch of missing textures e.g Buzz's wing/legs. I either got a bad rip from someone or these really aren't in the game :/

Takato Matsukj
beginner
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:39 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post by Takato Matsukj » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:46 pm

pepsiguy2 wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:23 pm
Yeah I'm not finding any problems using 3dsMax + MarioKart's updated XNA script that imports Daemon's ascii format.

However, I am finding a bunch of missing textures e.g Buzz's wing/legs. I either got a bad rip from someone or these really aren't in the game :/
Yuuup. Same

Some plants and trees textures will be missing too for certain maps.

Also I pulled the caribbean maps and i couldnt find the ships like the black pearl

User avatar
Vladabdf
ultra-n00b
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:28 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post by Vladabdf » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:59 am

AESRYL wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:22 pm
lionheartuk wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:55 pm
AESRYL wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:29 pm


What about the Mesh / Texture UVs?
The UV's work fine for all the meshes I've extracted so far.
do you have a mesh with no UV's?
Textures can be dumped with umodel the standard way.
Alot of my meshes have broken UVs thats why im asking
Change to UV2 or UV3. For example, I had Woody look like this but switching to UV2 resulted in a fixed Woody.
Twitter - https://twitter.com/Vladabdf
YouTube - https://youtube.com/c/Vladabdf
Discord - Vlad#1272
Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/GVtG3Zu

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran
Posts: 1922
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 1471 times

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post by daemon1 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:43 am

Takato Matsukj wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:46 pm
Some plants and trees textures will be missing too for certain maps.
each material has direct links to which textures are used and in which file it is

pepsiguy2
beginner
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:08 am
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post by pepsiguy2 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:06 am

I've read those too, the files they've referenced for me seem to just be missing or they reference textures that don't align with UVs.

For example, Buzz's wing/foot texture inst.txt says that it should be d00, but thats the texture for his body which clearly doesnt fit the other section of him. And it says the normal is n01, which is a proper UV'd normal but the diffuse doesnt seem to exist.

User avatar
lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran
Posts: 688
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 10:55 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post by lionheartuk » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:53 am

pepsiguy2 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:06 am
I've read those too, the files they've referenced for me seem to just be missing or they reference textures that don't align with UVs.

For example, Buzz's wing/foot texture inst.txt says that it should be d00, but thats the texture for his body which clearly doesnt fit the other section of him. And it says the normal is n01, which is a proper UV'd normal but the diffuse doesnt seem to exist.
Try changing your UV set, its very likely thats the issue here.
The Uv's come out fine but there are often 2-3 UV channels, and the texture only uses one of those.
"Lemons are people nice hardworking & honest people too..."

Takato Matsukj
beginner
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:39 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post by Takato Matsukj » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:40 am

daemon1 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:43 am
Takato Matsukj wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:46 pm
Some plants and trees textures will be missing too for certain maps.
each material has direct links to which textures are used and in which file it is
Ahh okay, perhaps I overlooked something. Ty

Über Winfrey
ultra-n00b
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:38 am

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post by Über Winfrey » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:57 pm

Only model I had issues with was Default Goofy, his Second UV Channel was corrupted in both the EW002 and EX002 models, thankfully I just remade them using the UV channel 1 and just moved them where they needed to be for the second channel

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran
Posts: 1922
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 1471 times

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post by daemon1 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:12 pm

Über Winfrey wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:57 pm
Only model I had issues with was Default Goofy, his Second UV Channel was corrupted in both the EW002 and EX002 models, thankfully I just remade them using the UV channel 1 and just moved them where they needed to be for the second channel
its not corrupted. You were probably using old version of the tool
Image

Dissidis
ultra-n00b
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:25 am

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post by Dissidis » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:02 pm

Hello! I was wondering where I could find the KH3 files? Thank you!!! :)

Post Reply