Offtopic: Into Commodore 64 (6502) coding, pixeling or music?
Xentax is looking for new members for the C64 activities!
Just drop us a message at forum@xentax.com and join the Scene Team!

Forum rules: Click here

EA Games RX2 EXPORT Script [EA Skate 1,2,3 / Def Jam / NHL]

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
GHFear
advanced

EA Games RX2 EXPORT Script [EA Skate 1,2,3 / Def Jam / NHL]

Post by GHFear » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:37 pm

I made a universal exporting script for rx2 files for NOESIS.
This script exports single file textures so far.

It is confirmed to work with:
Skate
Skate 2
Skate 3
Def Jam: Icon
NHL Legacy
Fifa 09

Last Update: January 27th 2019
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Future plans:
3D models
Multi Texture files

Have fun!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by GHFear on Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
AES Key and UE4 Modding commissions:
https://bit.ly/31PFc3i

If you appreciate my work and want to donate:
Paypal: ghfear@hotmail.com

Beedy
beginner

Re: EA Games RX2 EXPORT Script [EA Skate 1,2,3 / Def Jam / N

Post by Beedy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:13 am

Nice job man! Single textures works but many of textures has packed in "texlib.rx2" which contains more than one texture in NHL and my script support texture names also. However first texture in "texlib" works perfect. I will check if I can fix my NHL script more easier to understand.

Keep going on, you have done nice work with skate 3!
Ea has released open source code for some products including skate 3 and you may be interested:
https://gpl.ea.com

GHFear
advanced

Post by GHFear » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:54 am

Beedy wrote:Nice job man! Single textures works but many of textures has packed in "texlib.rx2" which contains more than one texture in NHL and my script support texture names also. However first texture in "texlib" works perfect. I will check if I can fix my NHL script more easier to understand.

Ea has released open source code for some products including skate 3 and you may be interested:
That's pretty neat :) I didn't know about that. I can take a look.
Yeah I didn't think names was going to be necessary because I made the script for Skate 1,2,3 only at first, and they only ever contain 1 texture per file and they are also called the exact same thing as the rx2 files x) So it didn't matter on those files. But yeah maybe if you want to take a look at my script and make it work with names and multiple files? :) I only started learning Python 2 weeks ago, so it's difficult for me to understand the way you are doing your script. I only know c++ and some c#. :P

Beedy
beginner

Post by Beedy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:52 am

I started learnig two years ago without any experiment of programming and thats why my script looks weird :) but it’s not straightforward header. We have different scripts which works perfectly with different games so it isn’t necessary to bring it together but I will take a look. It takes time but it’s funny :D

How do you use your mods in Xbox 360? Do you have rgh-modded console and is it possible to play a game with extracted archives? I have xkey and textures need to be compress to chunklzx-format and re-import in .big archive and then inject modded big In to iso file. Thats so complex. Can you test if it’s possible to play Nhl with extracted files?

GHFear
advanced

Post by GHFear » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:34 am

Beedy wrote:I started learnig two years ago without any experiment of programming and thats why my script looks weird :) but it’s not straightforward header. We have different scripts which works perfectly with different games so it isn’t necessary to bring it together but I will take a look. It takes time but it’s funny :D

How do you use your mods in Xbox 360? Do you have rgh-modded console and is it possible to play a game with extracted archives? I have xkey and textures need to be compress to chunklzx-format and re-import in .big archive and then inject modded big In to iso file. Thats so complex. Can you test if it’s possible to play Nhl with extracted files?
Yes I run the games from unpacked archives and the big files in Skate 3 run fine like that, so Sure I can try :) I don't think it will work tho. Skate 1 and 2 doesn't work unpacked for the very reason that they use a .BH file that seem to require the files to be in .big format to read them. (maybe this can be worked around)
But I can give it a go and see if it runs!

Also, something I noticed with ALL EA Skate games is that the Levels textures, 3d models and collision data is packed in a large container and they have the header for each file and it looks like I should be able to open them with any of our scripts, but none of them come out as a texture or even the models doesn't even seem like model data. :/ So I am thinking it may be the headers are uncompressed but the data itself is compressed. Is there anything like this in the NHL or Fifa games? I have tried figuring it out for the longest time and can't find anything about it.

JimmyJ
n00b

Post by JimmyJ » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:56 am

Good job! Is it possible to export models from Def Jam Icon?

GHFear
advanced

Post by GHFear » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:45 pm

JimmyJ wrote:Good job! Is it possible to export models from Def Jam Icon?
I have no files to test with, so if you could provide one, I'll give it a go.

Edit: I got my hands on the game and extracted some Def Jam Icon rx2 files and played around with them and yes, you can export models from them.

GHFear
advanced

Post by GHFear » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:34 am

Beedy wrote:I started learnig two years ago without any experiment of programming and thats why my script looks weird :) but it’s not straightforward header. We have different scripts which works perfectly with different games so it isn’t necessary to bring it together but I will take a look. It takes time but it’s funny :D

I am downloading NHL 2013 now and hoping there is these same filetypes in there. I can't find NHL07 anywhere online for Xbox 360 for download. :(
So I am going to try to run the game off unpacked files as a test. Would be really cool if that worked. I still really want to find NHL 07 tho. I played that a lot with my friends back in the day and it's the only NHL I have played, so would be a blast from the past haha.

Beedy
beginner

Post by Beedy » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:36 am

Thanks! I’d like to know if it’s possible and then I may upgrade my console to rgh-modded instead of xkey which allows only modded Iso-files. Iso modifications works 99% perfect but I want to add a few extra textures in game. That isn’t possible because there is unknown Hash or CRC for names in the big-archive and files will not appear in game with wrong crc. I can still rebuild bigs with files which is already in archive.

Big-archive format is different between NHL 07-10 and newer versions. There is .big files with .bh header file in 07-10 and newer has only big-archive without bh-file. The type is same as Skate 3 has.

I have NHL 07 and it’s awful with 30fps gameplay :D

GHFear
advanced

Post by GHFear » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:17 pm

Beedy wrote:Thanks! I’d like to know if it’s possible and then I may upgrade my console to rgh-modded instead of xkey which allows only modded Iso-files. Iso modifications works 99% perfect but I want to add a few extra textures in game. That isn’t possible because there is unknown Hash or CRC for names in the big-archive and files will not appear in game with wrong crc. I can still rebuild bigs with files which is already in archive.

Big-archive format is different between NHL 07-10 and newer versions. There is .big files with .bh header file in 07-10 and newer has only big-archive without bh-file. The type is same as Skate 3 has.

I have NHL 07 and it’s awful with 30fps gameplay :D
I downloaded 2014 instead because the server for that was faster, and it works! :) You can play from unpacked files. I unpacked all the BIG files containing audio, video, 3D models and Textures and
it plays perfectly fine ^^ So my guess would be that it works for all the games with Big files without BH files. I have a FTP server set up on my PC, so I am streaming the files from my PC harddrive to the xbox, so I can mod the files while the game is running, go out in the menu and then load a new game and the modded file is now loaded haha.
So maybe it would be worth it to get your hands on a RGH console?

Beedy
beginner

Post by Beedy » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:50 pm

GHFear wrote: I downloaded 2014 instead because the server for that was faster, and it works! :) You can play from unpacked files. I unpacked all the BIG files containing audio, video, 3D models and Textures and
it plays perfectly fine ^^ So my guess would be that it works for all the games with Big files without BH files. I have a FTP server set up on my PC, so I am streaming the files from my PC harddrive to the xbox, so I can mod the files while the game is running, go out in the menu and then load a new game and the modded file is now loaded haha.
So maybe it would be worth it to get your hands on a RGH console?
Thank you, very cool. That's a reason to rgh-mod my console. :)

mita996
advanced

Post by mita996 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:51 am

Beedy wrote:Nice job man! Single textures works but many of textures has packed in "texlib.rx2" which contains more than one texture in NHL and my script support texture names also. However first texture in "texlib" works perfect. I will check if I can fix my NHL script more easier to understand.

Is it possible to see 3d file from rx2 noesis?

Beedy
beginner

Post by Beedy » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:34 pm

mita996 wrote: Is it possible to see 3d file from rx2 noesis?
Not yet, It should write a python script for rx2. That isn't so easy and takes a time, but maybe sometimes I will try.