READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Star Ocean Anamnesis Tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
akderebur
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Star Ocean Anamnesis Tools

Post by akderebur » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:55 am

I have managed to make a working tool for loading the character/monster models. So I have decided to release it with some other tools I have been using.

Decompress ASF (possibly other files too)

New SOADec : https://www.mediafire.com/file/zz89jq1d ... 2.rar/file

Most of the character files use compression type 7 (zstd). You can use this to decompress them (OLD) : https://www.mediafire.com/file/2spl5lxx ... Dec_U2.rar Drag and drop a folder on to the exe file and it will try to decompress all the files inside.

If your file has a different compression type, you can use this script : http://aluigi.org/bms/slz.bms . Note that both of these methods guess the decryption key, so you might need to decrypt it manually if the program/script fails.

3D Models

Use this tool for loading the models from ".asf" files. You need to decompress them before, as described above.

Overview

How to use
- Select the file you want to use with Browse.
- Load : Loads the model :D
- Load Offset : If the meshes are misaligned with the skeleton try this option instead. For some models the offset is required, for others it is fine with just Load. I will try to figure this out automatically in a future update.
- Animation : Loads an animation file (.apk) and applies it to the currently loaded model

- Export IQE : Exports the model in IQE format. How to open/convert IQE: viewtopic.php?p=138153#p138153 New script with secondary uv support : viewtopic.php?p=143565#p143565
- Export NEXS : Exports the model in a custom format to be loaded in Noesis. Supports animations. Noesis import script : Nexs Script

Download : https://www.mediafire.com/file/jhk563hm ... 5.rar/file

Textures

This tool will extract textures as ktx, from the asf/aif files (as always decompress before) : http://www.mediafire.com/file/6126nmb4w ... SOATex.rar Drag and drop the asf/aif file on to the exe. You can open the extracted ktx with Mali Texture Compression Tool or PVRTextool.

Guides

- Star Ocean Anamnesis Nox Data Extraction by seiyria

Bonus - Bullet Girls Phantasia (PS Vita)

This game seems to use the same format as SOA. I have made some slight changes to support those files too, but I haven't tried it on lot of files yet. I will try to improve it in the future.

There is room for improvement, and I am planning to work further on this as I have time. Still I wanted to release this version, as it seems to load good amount of character/monster models without a problem.
Last edited by akderebur on Thu May 02, 2019 2:51 pm, edited 9 times in total.

warpawn
ultra-n00b

Re: [WIP] Star Ocean Anamnesis Tools

Post by warpawn » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:16 pm

SOADec.exe not working for me. I drag cp0101_b01a.asf but nothing happen. Help please.

einherjar007
beginner

Post by einherjar007 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:21 am

warpawn wrote:SOADec.exe not working for me. I drag cp0101_b01a.asf but nothing happen. Help please.
not work single file. you need drag folder.
akderebur wrote:I have managed to make a somewhat working tool for loading the character models. So I have decided to release it with some other tools I have been using.

Decompress ASF (possibly other files too)

Most of the character files use compression type 7 (zstd). You can use this to decompress them : http://www.mediafire.com/file/x5jw5wydd ... SOADec.rar Drag and drop a folder on to the exe file and it will try to decompress all the files inside.

If your file has a different compression type, you can use this script : http://aluigi.org/bms/slz.bms . Note that both of these methods guess the decryption key, so you might need to decrypt it manually if the program/script fails.

3D Models

Use this tool for loading the models from ".asf" files. You need to decompress them before, as described above.

Overview

How to use
- Select the file you want to use with Browse.
- Load : Loads the model :D
- Load Offset : If the meshes are misaligned with the skeleton try this option instead. For some models the offset is required, for others it is fine with just Load. I will try to figure this out automatically in a future update.
- Export IQE : Exports the model in IQE format. How to open/convert IQE: viewtopic.php?p=138153#p138153

Download : http://www.mediafire.com/file/oay3u5rkq ... porter.rar

Textures

This tool will extract textures as ktx, from the asf/aif files (as always decompress before) : http://www.mediafire.com/file/6126nmb4w ... SOATex.rar Drag and drop the asf/aif file on to the exe. You can open the extracted ktx with Mali Texture Compression Tool or PVRTextool.

Bonus - Bullet Girls Phantasia (PS Vita)

This game seems to use the same format as SOA. I have made some slight changes to support those files too, but I haven't tried it on lot of files yet. I will try to improve it in the future.

There is room for improvement, and I am planning to work further on this as I have time. Still I wanted to release this version, as it seems to load good amount of character models without a problem.
really great work akderebur.
Some models have UV damage(ex, cc0001_b02a lenath shield and hands), Nevertheless you job really really excellent.
I have one request, you can support manually xor key input?
There are many files that can not be decrypted, cause the keys are different.
Although I also posted it on my DeviantArt, I am pleased to be able to refer to various animations because I am good at animation remapping.
It can be applied to any 3D model of humanoid.

akderebur
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by akderebur » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:44 am

einherjar007 wrote: Some models have UV damage(ex, cc0001_b02a lenath shield and hands),
There seems to be bunch of different vertex block types, so the uv offset/type was wrong for some meshes. You can download the updated tool from the link in the first post. It should fix the uv of that char.

Also I have improved the handling of vertex blocks and how skinned/non-skinned meshes are loaded. So more model support overall. Tried it on some monsters and seems fine.

einherjar007 wrote:I have one request, you can support manually xor key input?
Yes, I can do that. I will do it some time tomorrow.
warpawn wrote:I drag cp0101_b01a.asf but nothing happen.
Like einherjar said, drag and drop the folder that has the asf files, on to the exe.

einherjar007
beginner

Post by einherjar007 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:29 am

akderebur wrote:Yes, I can do that. I will do it some time tomorrow.
great! can't wait your update.
akderebur wrote:There seems to be bunch of different vertex block types, so the uv offset/type was wrong for some meshes. You can download the updated tool from the link in the first post. It should fix the uv of that char.
I could confirm that Lenath shields are repaired, excellent work!
but, I tried [cc0001_b02a.asf, cc0002_b01a.asf] export, they're corrupted UV and Weight of the eye.
cc0001_b02a.asf does incorrect the weight of eyes.
cc0002_b01a.asf had incorrect UV coordinates of the eyes.
I've not tried other files yet, but I think they're have probably the same problems.
Although I also posted it on my DeviantArt, I am pleased to be able to refer to various animations because I am good at animation remapping.

akderebur
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by akderebur » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:58 am

einherjar007 wrote: cc0001_b02a.asf does incorrect the weight of eyes.
Incorrect or no weight? Both eye meshes seem to have no weight data, so they are exported as non-skinned.
einherjar007 wrote:cc0002_b01a.asf had incorrect UV coordinates of the eyes.
Eyes seem fine to me. Is it not like this with you?

If you encounter another problem send me a pm with a sample file. I didn't get all the files from the game, so I might be missing some.

einherjar007
beginner

Post by einherjar007 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:17 pm

akderebur wrote: Incorrect or no weight? Both eye meshes seem to have no weight data, so they are exported as non-skinned.
very sorry, akderebur.
You're right, I'm wrong I used converter is old, wrong output result.
akderebur wrote:If you encounter another problem send me a pm with a sample file. I didn't get all the files from the game, so I might be missing some.
You're definitely a hard worker. If find other problems, will send you a file, Thanks!

wansf
beginner

Post by wansf » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:44 pm

thx man ur tools work perfectly , just didnt realize that the model textures of this game is so small and bad compare to the in-game appearance

akderebur
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by akderebur » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:55 am

I have updated the model tool again, make sure to download the latest version. It should be able to load great deal of monsters or any other skinned mesh now. Also has mesh names too. There might be slight problems with some models still, I will attempt a fix later. I will be busy for a couple of days. Non-skinned stuff like maps/weapons won't load at all probably, but support for those are not high priority.

einherjar007 wrote: great! can't wait your update.
I have updated the decompression tool too. Pass the custom xor key as the second parameter and as hex string. Example usage : "SOADec foldername 6361313266633931".
wansf wrote:just didnt realize that the model textures of this game is so small and bad compare to the in-game appearance
Yes, there isn't much going on in terms of textures. There aren't even hair textures for characters. It seems like most of the magic is done via shaders in-game.

chrrox

Post by chrrox » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:21 am

Can you add an option to output the decompressed buffers to load models not supported b the tool.

einherjar007
beginner

Post by einherjar007 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:12 am

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dtgmbl6h2 ... e.rar/file

I created a program to move only the decompressed files to "decrypt" folder.
It may be a slow, but I think a it will work until akderebur tool updates.

akderebur
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by akderebur » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:20 am

chrrox wrote:Can you add an option to output the decompressed buffers to load models not supported b the tool.
I can do that, but I think it will be better/easier if I post the decompression code. I believe you can already get the index buffers using "addr" tags. After you get the buffer the first integer (2 bytes) is not part of the index list. It is the max step that you should use to decode the high watermark. So you read the first integer as max step, and use the methods below on rest of the buffer.

Code: Select all

List<int> inverse_watermark_transform(List<int> in_inds, int max_step)
{
    List<int> out_inds = new List<int>();

int hi = max_step - 1;
    foreach (int v in in_inds)
    {
        int decV = hi - v;
        out_inds.Add(decV);
        hi = Mathf.Max(hi, decV + max_step);
    }

return out_inds;
}

Code: Select all

List<int> unpack_inds(List<int> inds)
{
    List<int> out_inds = new List<int>();

for (int i = 0; i < inds.Count;)
    {
        int a = inds[i++];
        int b = inds[i++];
        int c = inds[i++];
        out_inds.Add(a); out_inds.Add(b); out_inds.Add(c);

if (a < b)
        {
            int d = inds[i++];
            out_inds.Add(a); out_inds.Add(d); out_inds.Add(b);
        }
    }

return out_inds;
}
You pass the max step and the indices to the "inverse_watermark_transform" and get the decoded indices. Then you pass that result to "unpack_inds" and get the decompressed index list.

Source : https://fgiesen.wordpress.com/2013/12/1 ... mpression/

chrrox

Post by chrrox » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:55 pm

can you print the result of the inverse_watermark_transform decompression on this example
03 00 01 00 02 00 05 00 02 00 01 00 02 00 05 00 02 00
I just want to make sure I am reading it correctly.
3 should be the max_step?

akderebur
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by akderebur » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:15 pm

chrrox wrote:can you print the result of the inverse_watermark_transform decompression on this example
I won't have access to my computer whole day. I can do it tomorrow.
chrrox wrote: 3 should be the max_step?
If it is the first integer in the buffer then yes, it should be the max step.

chrrox

Post by chrrox » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:27 pm

Never mind lol I feel stupid I got it now.

1st decomppression
[1, 2, 0, 3, 5, 6, 4, 7]
then back to triangles
1 2 0
1 3 2
5 6 4
5 7 6