Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Heroes and Generals model and texture(.CRN) formats

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
User avatar
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member
Posts: 1307
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:16 pm
Has thanked: 2562 times
Been thanked: 788 times

Re: Heroes and Generals model and texture(.CRN) formats

Post by Acewell » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:19 am

here is a better way to decompress your bin samples in batch with a bms script :D

Code: Select all

# script for QuickBMS http://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm

comtype zlib_noerror
get ZSIZE asize
math SIZE = ZSIZE
get NAME basename
string NAME + ".dat"
clog NAME 0 ZSIZE SIZE
i'd like to phase out using offzip for decompressing in batch because of the naming conflict hurdle you have to leap over. :P
Last edited by Acewell on Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

ALIEN31ITA
n00b
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:59 pm

Re: Heroes and Generals model and texture(.CRN) formats

Post by ALIEN31ITA » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:37 pm

AceWell wrote:here is a better way to decompress your bin samples in batch with a bms script :D

Code: Select all

comtype zlib_noerror
get ZSIZE asize
math SIZE = ZSIZE
get NAME basename
string NAME + ".dat"
clog NAME 0 ZSIZE SIZE
i'd like to phase out using offzip for decompressing in batch because of the naming conflict hurdle you have to leap over. :P
How to use it? man do a tutorial! [bruce]

User avatar
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member
Posts: 1307
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:16 pm
Has thanked: 2562 times
Been thanked: 788 times

Re: Heroes and Generals model and texture(.CRN) formats

Post by Acewell » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:27 am

its a script for QuickBMS, copy it to a text file then download Quickbms and run it and follow the on-screen prompts :]
http://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm

ALIEN31ITA
n00b
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:59 pm

Re: Heroes and Generals model and texture(.CRN) formats

Post by ALIEN31ITA » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:22 pm

AceWell wrote:its a script for QuickBMS, copy it to a text file then download Quickbms and run it and follow the on-screen prompts :]
http://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm
I did it, it gave me a .Dat file, what now? :eek:

I opened with noesis, doesn't work :(

SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE

ALIEN31ITA
n00b
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:59 pm

Re: Heroes and Generals model and texture(.CRN) formats

Post by ALIEN31ITA » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:52 pm

AceWell wrote:its a script for QuickBMS, copy it to a text file then download Quickbms and run it and follow the on-screen prompts :]
http://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm
nobody wants to help me? :evil:

User avatar
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN
Posts: 3093
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:24 am
Location: Nexus, searching for Jim Kirk
Has thanked: 821 times
Been thanked: 1645 times

Re: Heroes and Generals model and texture(.CRN) formats

Post by shakotay2 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:35 pm

ALIEN31ITA wrote: I did it, it gave me a .Dat file, what now? :eek:

I opened with noesis, doesn't work :(
How do you think that Noesis would support Heroes and Generals?
Do you have a Noesis .py script for that?
Only supported .dat I see is for Bayonetta.

Also .dat output from a quickbms script is a general naming, iirc.
It could also be named .bin, .raw, whatever.

The .dat is easy to track using hex2obj (view link in my sig):
f8abe_40e97.jpg
(first submesh only)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bigchillghost, Reverse Engineering a Game Model: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
extracting simple models: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
Make_H2O-ForzaHor3-jm9.zip
"You quoted the whole thing, what a mess."

ALIEN31ITA
n00b
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:59 pm

Re: Heroes and Generals model and texture(.CRN) formats

Post by ALIEN31ITA » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:12 pm

shakotay2 wrote:
ALIEN31ITA wrote: I did it, it gave me a .Dat file, what now? :eek:

I opened with noesis, doesn't work :(
How do you think that Noesis would support Heroes and Generals?
Do you have a Noesis .py script for that?
Only supported .dat I see is for Bayonetta.

Also .dat output from a quickbms script is a general naming, iirc.
It could also be named .bin, .raw, whatever.

The .dat is easy to track using hex2obj (view link in my sig):
f8abe_40e97.jpg
(first submesh only)
Strange, your software doesn't work for me, (windows 10)

User avatar
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN
Posts: 3093
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:24 am
Location: Nexus, searching for Jim Kirk
Has thanked: 821 times
Been thanked: 1645 times

Re: Heroes and Generals model and texture(.CRN) formats

Post by shakotay2 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:39 pm

You're probably missing libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll from hex2obj_0.24c.zip in the Extracting simple models thread.
Bigchillghost, Reverse Engineering a Game Model: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
extracting simple models: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
Make_H2O-ForzaHor3-jm9.zip
"You quoted the whole thing, what a mess."

Post Reply