Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

General game file tools that are useful for more than one game
User avatar
MrAdults
Moderator
Posts: 1007
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:57 am
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 496 times

Re: Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by MrAdults » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:53 am

Exports happen on another thread, so if Havok is pissy about stuff happening on anything other than the thread that created a given world/context and you're doing initialization outside of your handler (or persisting any data across invocations of your handler), that could do it. Best to do all of your init/shutdown within the handler to make sure it all happens on the same thread. Or have a dedicated Havok thread that does all of the work, and just implement your own mechanism for communicating commands (or whatever synchronization method you prefer) to push/pull data with that thread.

It's also possible that Havok would object to doing anything outside of the main application thread, but I don't think it should have any notions of what the main thread is, again unless you're performing an API call on another thread at some point.

Snaz
beginner
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:46 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by Snaz » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:16 am

Spot on! I think there's an example using havok that creates another thread, could be the docs, hkxcmd or havok2fbx idk haha, just finished exporting animations though so :] wonder how much I care :angel:

Edit: now that I think about it, I allocated some memory in init because loading consecutive files would crash, but changing this back to load would probably have solved exporting files... fair enough, have my cares! [roll]

User avatar
MrAdults
Moderator
Posts: 1007
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:57 am
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 496 times

Re: Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by MrAdults » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:02 am

Image
Support for various PBR materials, post effects, and a slight rendering overhaul. Coming soonish with a universal CPU disassembler/debugger and a bunch of other crap I've been chipping away at for months.

User avatar
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran
Posts: 936
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:24 am
Location: Russia, Siberia
Has thanked: 226 times
Been thanked: 107 times
Contact:

Re: Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by Tosyk » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:32 am

MrAdults, thanks for your great progress. I have one request though I mentioned some years ago. If you could make this tree view and othe windows a switchable Noesis could became a simple viewer. Gosh it would be so great. Right now all this available Noesis windows just loads for so long and not quick at all.
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum

User avatar
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin
Posts: 4036
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 6:45 pm
Location: Dungeons of Doom
Has thanked: 413 times
Been thanked: 548 times
Contact:

Re: Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by Mr.Mouse » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:21 pm

MrAdults wrote:Image
Support for various PBR materials, post effects, and a slight rendering overhaul. Coming soonish with a universal CPU disassembler/debugger and a bunch of other crap I've been chipping away at for months.
What sorcery is this?!

Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran
Posts: 703
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:16 pm
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by Darko » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:39 pm

Mr.Mouse wrote:
MrAdults wrote:Image
Support for various PBR materials, post effects, and a slight rendering overhaul. Coming soonish with a universal CPU disassembler/debugger and a bunch of other crap I've been chipping away at for months.
What sorcery is this?!
It's called shading =D
Image

User avatar
MrAdults
Moderator
Posts: 1007
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:57 am
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 496 times

Re: Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by MrAdults » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:46 am

Tosyk wrote:MrAdults, thanks for your great progress. I have one request though I mentioned some years ago. If you could make this tree view and othe windows a switchable Noesis could became a simple viewer. Gosh it would be so great. Right now all this available Noesis windows just loads for so long and not quick at all.
There's already a build out that avoids expanding the tree view outside of the direct hierarchy leading to the file, so if you drag & drop or use File->Open to browse it won't slow things down. There has also been a "No Browse to Target" option for years which effectively deactivates the shell views unless you use them directly. And you can uncheck "Type Info" to avoid having Noesis hit files as you're running through the file list to validate their types. These three things combined should leave you with pretty much zero overhead, unless something's wrong with your system that's causing heavy stalls during very limited file enumeration.

User avatar
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran
Posts: 936
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:24 am
Location: Russia, Siberia
Has thanked: 226 times
Been thanked: 107 times
Contact:

Re: Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by Tosyk » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:45 pm

MrAdults wrote:
Tosyk wrote:MrAdults, thanks for your great progress. I have one request though I mentioned some years ago. If you could make this tree view and othe windows a switchable Noesis could became a simple viewer. Gosh it would be so great. Right now all this available Noesis windows just loads for so long and not quick at all.
There's already a build out that avoids expanding the tree view outside of the direct hierarchy leading to the file, so if you drag & drop or use File->Open to browse it won't slow things down. There has also been a "No Browse to Target" option for years which effectively deactivates the shell views unless you use them directly. And you can uncheck "Type Info" to avoid having Noesis hit files as you're running through the file list to validate their types. These three things combined should leave you with pretty much zero overhead, unless something's wrong with your system that's causing heavy stalls during very limited file enumeration.
this is freaking awesome! working like a charm. much appreciate!

p.s.: btw there's a way to turn off the Debug Log by default?
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum

User avatar
MrAdults
Moderator
Posts: 1007
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:57 am
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 496 times

Re: Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by MrAdults » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:52 pm

It is off by default - you have a script installed where someone left the noesis.logPopup() call in.

User avatar
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran
Posts: 936
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:24 am
Location: Russia, Siberia
Has thanked: 226 times
Been thanked: 107 times
Contact:

Re: Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by Tosyk » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:57 pm

MrAdults wrote:It is off by default - you have a script installed where someone left the noesis.logPopup() call in.
thanks for point that out!

EDIT:
can I set default shading or viewport FOV?
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum

Gh0stBlade
Moderator
Posts: 678
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:55 pm
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 317 times

Re: Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by Gh0stBlade » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:10 pm

This looks amazing Mr Adults! Cannot wait! :D
Click the thanks button if I helped!

User avatar
MrAdults
Moderator
Posts: 1007
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:57 am
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 496 times

Re: Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by MrAdults » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:34 am

Went back and fixed up FO4 this evening (bitangent in w components was obvious, jonwd is such a tool), and added an option to use PBR materials:

Image

Currently making assumptions about roughness (rather glossiness) and metal, since I haven't touched the material support, but they're good assumptions for most things that are metal.

User avatar
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin
Posts: 4036
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 6:45 pm
Location: Dungeons of Doom
Has thanked: 413 times
Been thanked: 548 times
Contact:

Re: Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by Mr.Mouse » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:01 am

FO4? Fall out 4 models?

Looking great there btw

ExPlOrER
n00b
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:27 am
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by ExPlOrER » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:36 am

Despite the fact that the selected "Source (* .mdl)" used a third-party plug-in (from finale00) "Astebreed (* .mdl)".
Image

mono24
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 312
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:27 am
Has thanked: 103 times
Been thanked: 53 times

Re: Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by mono24 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:59 am

Hey guys, quick question ...
Besides the following function in Noesis,

Code: Select all

-combinemeshes
Which doesn't seem to work for me on the Final Fantasy XIII series, is there any other way to export the characters and such in only one mesh and also to keep its skeleton/skin/weight and such intact and animations too?
Preferably in FBX format.

cheers

Post Reply