June 3, 2019. Should you wish to discuss further on Discord, join the XeNTaX Discord server! :)

May 25, 2019. Hello all, we have been targeted by a certain type of spambot that will send messages to our users in their private messages. If you get a message from such a loser/bot, report it to us here, and delete the message ! :/

Resident Evil Sega Saturn .EMD format

Retro is so happening! Read and post about retro game file formats!
Nightstalkery
ultra-n00b

Resident Evil Sega Saturn .EMD format

Post by Nightstalkery » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:54 pm

Greetings. I'm currently trying to find a way to unpack RE1 .EMD formats from SS version. However, due to my inexperience in researching file formats, I haven't made a lot of progress. According to what I've found, SS .EMDs have both PS1 mesh/textures inside and the ones from SS, and "prsdec" is required to decompress the file into .bin (You'll have to rename .emd to .prs first). It's just I don't know what to do next. Could anybody interested in this try and assist me? Here is an example file. Also BioFAT author claims there's SS support in tool's latest version, though actually it cannot disassemble the format. I've tried it with old version and it just gave out PS1 model instead of the one from SS.
Thanks in advance.