Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Reverse Engineer .AVR format file

Need help in demystifying video formats of your favourite game? Go here.
cpmt
ultra-n00b

Reverse Engineer .AVR format file

Post by cpmt » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:58 am

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has any experience decoding .AVR video files? I have an .AVR to which is a proprietary format specific to Everfocus DVRs. I would like to reverse engineer the file to find any potential metadata it may contain. I did find a program EF-Reader that will display the start and stop times per each recording but there appears to be video missing from the archive. I'm trying to see if when the video was archived if the .AVR container would show if the video was edited.

05SpeedMaster
n00b

Re: Reverse Engineer .AVR format file

Post by 05SpeedMaster » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:14 pm

I'm pretty sure it's mostly a MPEG-2 transport stream file format.
Given it may be a special format? I'd have to see a copy.
Wouldn't be the first file format I've reversed.

Puterboy1
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Reverse Engineer .AVR format file

Post by Puterboy1 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:26 am

cpmt wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:58 am
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has any experience decoding .AVR video files? I have an .AVR to which is a proprietary format specific to Everfocus DVRs. I would like to reverse engineer the file to find any potential metadata it may contain. I did find a program EF-Reader that will display the start and stop times per each recording but there appears to be video missing from the archive. I'm trying to see if when the video was archived if the .AVR container would show if the video was edited.
May we have a sample please?