READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Inversion (2012) [PC]

Need help translating games in other languages? Have your language problems solved here.
phill05
beginner
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 8:29 pm
Has thanked: 2 times

Inversion (2012) [PC]

Post by phill05 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:22 pm

Hello,

I'm going to translate this cool game, does anyone know, where the texts are? The game has FSB archives.

Thank for any tips.

User avatar
delutto
veteran
Posts: 155
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:20 am
Has thanked: 49 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Inversion (2012) [PC]

Post by delutto » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:05 pm

FSB files are sounds.
All stuff are in .s3darc files.

phill05
beginner
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 8:29 pm
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: Inversion (2012) [PC]

Post by phill05 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:39 am

OK and is there any tool for extracting from these files? I tried to find something, but I hadn't luck.

Thanks

User avatar
Herdell
veteran
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:35 pm
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Inversion (2012) [PC]

Post by Herdell » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:44 pm

Need a sample file.

phill05
beginner
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 8:29 pm
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: Inversion (2012) [PC]

Post by phill05 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:26 pm


swuforce
veteran
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:46 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 105 times

Re: Inversion (2012) [PC]

Post by swuforce » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:46 pm

Try GameExtractor.
It support Timeshift s3darc file, but maybe works with this too.

User avatar
Herdell
veteran
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:35 pm
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Inversion (2012) [PC]

Post by Herdell » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:42 pm

Here are the texts for translation.
Open it in a good text editor, like Notepad++.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qy9jusc3kyt9tzp

I will write repacker later and post here, but no free time now.

Stay tunned.

phill05
beginner
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 8:29 pm
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: Inversion (2012) [PC]

Post by phill05 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:25 pm

Thanks :) repacker will great, because import is not working. Actually I'm trying to find and edit fonts but they look encrypted... The fonts are in files with GFX ext. But there is no header of GFX.

Here is a sample file with english fonts: http://depositfiles.com/files/io6kl3c34 I still don't know how to get into it...

THX

pesicha
ultra-n00b
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:16 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Inversion (2012) [PC]

Post by pesicha » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:33 pm

phill05 wrote:Thanks :) repacker will great, because import is not working. Actually I'm trying to find and edit fonts but they look encrypted... The fonts are in files with GFX ext. But there is no header of GFX.

Here is a sample file with english fonts: http://depositfiles.com/files/io6kl3c34 I still don't know how to get into it...

THX

are classic gfx fonts
not encrypted
are compressed zlib
1 Font Name, Korataki Rg
2 Font Name, Magistral Medium

WRS
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 601
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:13 am
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: Inversion (2012) [PC]

Post by WRS » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:49 am

hey

i'm bumping this thread because i just wrote a locale patching tool (inversionloc). see the attached zip.

to use my tool, first dump the english strings (unless you have them by another means..)
inversionloc.exe u out_patch.s3darc english.txt
edit away..

then repack like so:
inversionloc.exe p out_patch.s3darc patched_.s3darc english.txt
sourcecode was written in pascal and in a mess. i will post it later 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Useful tool links:

Rion
beginner
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:14 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Inversion (2012) [PC]

Post by Rion » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:02 pm

WRS wrote:hey

i'm bumping this thread because i just wrote a locale patching tool (inversionloc). see the attached zip.

to use my tool, first dump the english strings (unless you have them by another means..)
inversionloc.exe u out_patch.s3darc english.txt
edit away..

then repack like so:
inversionloc.exe p out_patch.s3darc patched_.s3darc english.txt
sourcecode was written in pascal and in a mess. i will post it later 8)
I gave a try to your patcher, did just like you wrote, but the text remains English whatever I do. I tried renaming english.txt to locale.txt, and even tried putting the patched file next to out_patch, and also overwriting the out_patch file. None of them has worked so far. Is there a "trick" to use it, which I should know?

WRS
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 601
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:13 am
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: Inversion (2012) [PC]

Post by WRS » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:10 pm

Rion wrote:I gave a try to your patcher, did just like you wrote, but the text remains English whatever I do. I tried renaming english.txt to locale.txt, and even tried putting the patched file next to out_patch, and also overwriting the out_patch file. None of them has worked so far. Is there a "trick" to use it, which I should know?

when you do the repacking (with option 'p') the s3darc filenames you give must be different. once the patcher has created the new file, it replaces out_patch.s3darc
Useful tool links:

Rion
beginner
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:14 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Inversion (2012) [PC]

Post by Rion » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:48 pm

WRS wrote:when you do the repacking (with option 'p') the s3darc filenames you give must be different. once the patcher has created the new file, it replaces out_patch.s3darc
I apologize, but this one still eludes me. You mean the created file is to replace the "old" out_patch file, am I right? If this is the case, then the one your program creates - after copying it under preload/paks, then renaming it from "patched_" to "out.patch" - is just being ignored by the game for some reason. Which means whenever it should use the modified file, it "switches to" - more precisely, it keeps using - English. So, would you might list (or PM) for me some kind of guide to make it work? I've got the feeling I'm still missing something.

WRS
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 601
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:13 am
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: Inversion (2012) [PC]

Post by WRS » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:33 pm

Rion wrote:
WRS wrote:when you do the repacking (with option 'p') the s3darc filenames you give must be different. once the patcher has created the new file, it replaces out_patch.s3darc
I apologize, but this one still eludes me. You mean the created file is to replace the "old" out_patch file, am I right? If this is the case, then the one your program creates - after copying it under preload/paks, then renaming it from "patched_" to "out.patch" - is just being ignored by the game for some reason. Which means whenever it should use the modified file, it "switches to" - more precisely, it keeps using - English. So, would you might list (or PM) for me some kind of guide to make it work? I've got the feeling I'm still missing something.
if you have a file named 'patched_' after you run my program, rename it to 'out_patch.s3darc', which replaces the one you used to extract the strings from.

and yes, it uses the english strings file - so be sure to set the games language to english if you dont already (i don't have this game)

if i am misunderstanding you, then here are a few things to try:
  • check that the filesize of the new out_patch.s3darc file you create is smaller than the original
  • try editing a different string
  • look for any inversion log file and see if you can find a mention of 'strings_english'
Useful tool links:

Rion
beginner
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:14 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Inversion (2012) [PC]

Post by Rion » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:08 pm

WRS wrote:if you have a file named 'patched_' after you run my program, rename it to 'out_patch.s3darc', which replaces the one you used to extract the strings from.

and yes, it uses the english strings file - so be sure to set the games language to english if you dont already (i don't have this game)

if i am misunderstanding you, then here are a few things to try:
  • check that the filesize of the new out_patch.s3darc file you create is smaller than the original
  • try editing a different string
  • look for any inversion log file and see if you can find a mention of 'strings_english'
I did rename it numerous times to 'out_patch'. I rewrote some dialog strings of the game's prologue and some menu texts (don't know if editing is char-limited?), compiled the modded file and checked the size: 17 951 756 bytes, so it's smaller. Yet, no strings has changed in-game. I checked game.cfg, and saw the language was set to Russian (it is English in-game, however). I set all three options to force using English locale. Still, no luck. I've run out of options. :(

Post Reply