Help me figure out why arabic text are not displaying !

Need help translating games in other languages? Have your language problems solved here.
scudway
ultra-n00b

Help me figure out why arabic text are not displaying !

Post by scudway » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:12 am

I'm new to this field , im actually overwhelmed by technicalities, but i can make use of pointers and guides , even the smallest information would contribute to my learning process.
I'm trying to localize age of empire 2 HD , Now here's the problem, i have some text files that i found with the extension .mm , i can modify those using notepad++, initially the notepad says its encoded in ASCII but i convert it using notepad++ to utf-8 and then edit the english text to arabic. when i start the game i see the texts in weird latin letters, what's the problem ?

Also, i have tried to look around and i read people talking about editing font files to add characters , idk how to do that , how can i know that the initial game font support my arabic characters ? if it doesn't how do i add them ?

GHOST DEAD
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Help me figure out why arabic text are not displaying !

Post by GHOST DEAD » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:25 pm

in ASCII, you must replace ascii character face's whit your own character's... some games cant support unicode mode in strings and utf-8 cant help you in this mode... cuase uft-8 using recharacter in decimal value,
for example; replace A to ح in font map or font face
Be Good, Even in distressing or defamation and chill, Even Everyone's Called You a Bad Guy Or Lier and Mad

scudway
ultra-n00b

Re: Help me figure out why arabic text are not displaying !

Post by scudway » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:17 pm

ok so i have to replace all english letter into that of arabic, but what letters corresponds to others ? or do i just randomly replace them with my own choice. also how does the game then know what letters are ??