Help us keep the site up! Got some change to spare? Why not donate a few bits and buy us a coffee.
Need help translating games in other languages? Have your language problems solved here.
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:47 pm
- Has thanked: 4 times
I would like to translate Tropico 2 but I can not edit the texts.
I have been analyzing the file with a hex editor, but I could not understand much.
I would appreciate if you could help me.
The only thing I noticed was:
- Header contains 16 bytes.
- First 4 bytes is the file ID (75 B1 C0 BA).
- Third 4 bytes is pointer with data in file.
- Fourth 4 bytes is size file.
RAR file with file in multiple languages: https://mega.co.nz/#!44YXHCQZ!B0_iW7ID_ ... KqLbqWnZe4
- Posts: 600
- Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:13 am
- Has thanked: 74 times
- Been thanked: 135 times
i have spent time looking at this format. i can parse the entire thing but haven't finished writing up the code for unpacking to a format you could edit for translations.
- 16 byte header (magic, unknown, footer block, size)
- backwards recursive resource structures - starting from the footer block) - offsets are signed
- strings are stored in 2 ways; the blob after the header, and inlined (if < 4 characters)
- also this format includes more than 1 language for special "nati" entries
pm me if you want to continue my work (c# source)
i've dumped the languages here:
https://mega.co.nz/#!F9Yn0ACB!kglwD7jev ... qhqTX5WILQ
beware the encoding of the output and string data is different (utf8)
- Posts: 949
- Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:42 pm
- Has thanked: 10 times
- Been thanked: 141 times
hmm i was thinking abut there is something allrady.... Just cannot remeber where i have seen it