READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

QBMS script for BatmanAA .SoundNodeWav and .upk?

Need help translating games in other languages? Have your language problems solved here.
michalss

Re: QBMS script for BatmanAA .SoundNodeWav and .upk?

Post by michalss » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:05 pm

GimmyBreaker wrote:
Maybe you don't know how to use them?
Or might that tool is crap?? My point is why to waste time on something what does not work ? This is not rude just pointing the fact mate...
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/

GimmyBreaker
beginner

Post by GimmyBreaker » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:11 pm

I don't even care about that, my dear friend @michalss.

I've worked on Mass Effect Pinnacle Station and and working on Antichamber translation.
I've prepared translated .upk files for Borderlands DLC translation, so, I know what I'm talking.
I've even created exporter and importer for The Wolf Among Us, before Brazilian team.

I can only tell, don't be rude if you want to learn something.
I've learned a lot from my friends from Polish community.
Python lover, young student, fan translator of video games.
Graj po polsku - bawi i uczy.

montcer9012
beginner

Post by montcer9012 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:25 pm

Yeah, i try that with no luck.

It seems that those upk are a new way packed. Remember that Gildor updated his tools recently because it does not work with BAO. Latest version of decompressor/unpacker are from october, if i remember well.

Anyway, i have unpacked sveral files from BAO and haven't found a single .soundnodewav file... It seems they change the whole system on that game. Also, strings are contained in a single file that contains ALL strings, without the sound that belongs to that string. Maybe i am wrong, because i still doesn't found first chapter files, but well, that's all i know for now. I guess BAO will be much difficult to change voices/subtitles...

EDIT: michalls you are becoming annoying. If you are not going to help, don't see the point to keep making comments.

michalss

Post by michalss » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:01 pm

Well what are you actually trying to archive here ? Replace audio string or what? if you want to have EN voice and other lang subtitles, it is simple to do, you have to repack texts only it means extract texts from UPK change them as you like and import back, no need to messup with sounds!

montcer9012
beginner

Post by montcer9012 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:44 pm

michalss wrote:... if you want to have EN voice and other lang subtitles, it is simple to do, you have to repack texts only it means extract texts from UPK change them as you like and import back, no need to messup with sounds!
Exactly, that's what i am trying to do! But how do you repack the upk file? The one that the GimmyBreaker attached works like a charm for BAA, sadly, not for BAO. I only have found another UPK repacker but intended to Alice Madness, so it obviously won't work to BAO UPK files.

Also, i haven't research so much BAO files, so i don't know which files are the ones that contains the strings. In BAA for example, are those that ends like "LOC_INT.upk".

I have think it twice, and are convinced that is better to modify the game engine to always use english voices. I guess it can be done just with an Hex Editor, but i don't know either which file is the source of the engine, neither what should i modify. A guy do that with latest Mortal Kombat and i compare the original file with the modificated one, and the whole file is diferent, and the size is even bigger! So i am more lost. I post about that here:
http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,2017.0.html

michalss

Post by michalss » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:59 am

montcer9012 wrote:
michalss wrote:... if you want to have EN voice and other lang subtitles, it is simple to do, you have to repack texts only it means extract texts from UPK change them as you like and import back, no need to messup with sounds!
Exactly, that's what i am trying to do! But how do you repack the upk file? The one that the GimmyBreaker attached works like a charm for BAA, sadly, not for BAO. I only have found another UPK repacker but intended to Alice Madness, so it obviously won't work to BAO UPK files.

Also, i haven't research so much BAO files, so i don't know which files are the ones that contains the strings. In BAA for example, are those that ends like "LOC_INT.upk".

I have think it twice, and are convinced that is better to modify the game engine to always use english voices. I guess it can be done just with an Hex Editor, but i don't know either which file is the source of the engine, neither what should i modify. A guy do that with latest Mortal Kombat and i compare the original file with the modificated one, and the whole file is diferent, and the size is even bigger! So i am more lost. I post about that here:
http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,2017.0.html

I dont know how to archive that EN fwould be default no matter what... :( I can only repack texts, but this would be very complicated for you, coz they are mixed ASCII, Unicode together and each language is not same level all the time in every file, this game was nightmare to do, so i dont know how to really help you. Even if i would give you text repacker, it would be same amount of work as normal localization, coz you would need to reposition all texts... :(

GimmyBreaker
beginner

Post by GimmyBreaker » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:26 pm

What? Reposition all text? First, .SoundNodeWave files in Batman AA contains strings only in one language, second, SoundNodeWave contains sound.

And why the hell montcer9012 will need to reposite all text? He will export strings in language he want, then import them to SoundNodeWave files he want. Where is reposition?
Python lover, young student, fan translator of video games.
Graj po polsku - bawi i uczy.

michalss

Post by michalss » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:57 pm

GimmyBreaker wrote:What? Reposition all text? First, .SoundNodeWave files in Batman AA contains strings only in one language, second, SoundNodeWave contains sound.

And why the hell montcer9012 will need to reposite all text? He will export strings in language he want, then import them to SoundNodeWave files he want. Where is reposition?
First i think you dont know anything about it, so again, since in this is kind of new UPK files from UE3, there is not really id of the text, at least i did not found it.. Here is example of file i have exported from UPK. Also warning not every UPK contains the text. File Types SF does not contains any text, at least i did not found any. UE3 engine for string using some kind magic number to found out text string in UPK.

Code: Select all

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38234344/Prison_C1_Ch1.upk.txt
If you look at the file there is 13 strings for each section, where first 2 are Sound String and Name of the block/character talking - again not always the same. So you would need to switch text between each other to make this work for every single file and every single text block. It is possible but it will take a huge amount of time.. Previous versions of Batman had a different way to store text and also there was possible to identify id of the language, but this time i could not determinate it :( SO i had to export all texts from UPK. I made importer where you dont care if string is Unicode or ASCII importer take care of it on the base of the mark [/U]:D By this method im capable of do anything about the texts.

All this problems and differences in Engine is cause by custom modification each Game Studio and also version of Engine itself!

1 more thing, for example Video files is different as well, string are store in UTF8 and there you can found ID of the language, which is great...

montcer9012
beginner

Post by montcer9012 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:01 pm

GimmyBreaker wrote:What? Reposition all text? First, .SoundNodeWave files in Batman AA contains strings only in one language, second, SoundNodeWave contains sound.
No, we were talking about BAO, not BAA.

I agree that will be a nightmare keep only english voices on BAO because of the new file system, and that's why i told up that will be better to mod the game engine to force the game to always use english voices, if possible.

montcer9012
beginner

Post by montcer9012 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:17 pm

michalss wrote: All this problems and differences in Engine is cause by custom modification each Game Studio and also version of Engine itself!
michalss, what do you recommend me to keep english voices with spanish subtitles on BAO?

For BAA i only need to unpack the .SoundNodeWav files, replace the subtitles and then repack it.

michalss

Post by michalss » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:54 pm

montcer9012 wrote:
michalss wrote: All this problems and differences in Engine is cause by custom modification each Game Studio and also version of Engine itself!
michalss, what do you recommend me to keep english voices with spanish subtitles on BAO?

For BAA i only need to unpack the .SoundNodeWav files, replace the subtitles and then repack it.

Only Way i know is to swich langs and pack back

montcer9012
beginner

Post by montcer9012 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:26 am

michalss wrote: Only Way i know is to swich langs and pack back
How to do that?

qabRieL
veteran

Post by qabRieL » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:12 pm

Anyone know where are the strings in Batman: Arkham Origins?

shadowlonely1989
veteran

Post by shadowlonely1989 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:30 am

Hi all!Could you help me how to generate .UPKpkginfo? I created a new font with new size (smaller original file), when I repack UPK without generate .UPKpkginfo, game crash and have a warning: Image

Sorry! I mean is how to repack with new font!

Original file have size: 198101
New file have size: 181857

Example file:
Startup_INT.rar
Origin UPK file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/axr2cci5iafwx ... T.upk?dl=0

Thanks!