READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

QBMS script for BatmanAA .SoundNodeWav and .upk?

Need help translating games in other languages? Have your language problems solved here.
montcer9012
beginner

QBMS script for BatmanAA .SoundNodeWav and .upk?

Post by montcer9012 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:00 am

Hi.

I am trying to unpack/repack localization UPK files from Batman Arkham Asylum to replace the subtitles, but i have 2 problems:
1. I have only found a working unpacker, not a reckpaker of UPK files.
2. Subtitles are embedded to sound files, which are .SoundNodeWav. Need to unpack those audio files to get the subtitles files, make the mods and then repack it.

To unpack the UPK files, i am using Gildor's Unreal Engine extractor. The tool i am using to repack the UPK can be found here. The problem is that after repack the UPK, the game crash; maybe the tool need to be updated for Batman; i am trying to contact who created the tool hoping he have a work around to repack Batman's UPK files.

On the mean while, need to detach the subtitles from .SoundNodeWav files, so i was wondering if a QBMS script can be worked for those .SoundNodeWav and .UPK files.

Here are 3 example files of first chapter. Run the "extract_all.cmd" to get the files extracted (Notice that after the extraction, .upk files will be renamed like .bak): http://www.mediafire.com/?bwyabsw6u2cv7zp

Please, someone can help me out here?

GimmyBreaker
beginner

Re: QBMS script for BatmanAA .SoundNodeWav and .upk?

Post by GimmyBreaker » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:45 pm

QBMS script?
You can easily write Python script for SoundNodeWave.

Example export script in attachment, correct tabs in Python GUI if script will not work.
Should work.

There are other tools to extract/repack upk files.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Python lover, young student, fan translator of video games.
Graj po polsku - bawi i uczy.

montcer9012
beginner

Post by montcer9012 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:03 pm

Thanks man.

Sadly, I am not coder so I don't know how to make a script. I will appreciatte if you get online later to seek my test result with the file you attachment.

I can't check it now, but surely will do later.

GimmyBreaker
beginner

Post by GimmyBreaker » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:15 pm

Sure, let me know.

Ah, and other thing, before I forget. Check which string game is reading.
And do some research, if all strings begin from 368 offset.
You can use HxD for this.

montcer9012
beginner

Post by montcer9012 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:49 am

Ok, i get very lost here hahahaha.

First, i don't know how to get the script to work. It keeps saying:

Code: Select all

C:\Users\CAMG\Downloads\bataa>bataa.py
  File "C:\Users\CAMG\Downloads\bataa\bataa.py", line 14
    print "Working on:Max_A1_CH1_BM_G2_02.SoundNodeWave", i
                                                       ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

C:\Users\CAMG\Downloads\bataa>

Those are the modifications i made to the script; for sure i am doing something wrong:

files = sorted(glob("C:\Users\CAMG\Downloads\bataa"))
nazwa = []
txt = [] 
point = [] 

for i in files:
    with open(i, "rb") as in_file: #odczyt plików SoundNodeWave
        print "Working on:Max_A1_CH1_BM_G2_02.SoundNodeWave", i
About the thing you ask me... The game is reading the X language string that is set, so... i don't get the question. I guess you want me to give you a hex number or something, not sure... But i do notice on the that the script work with some 3XX numbers; i assume those numbers are the offsets on the file where the strings start, right?

Also, have to google for what is "offset". Now i know what it is, still can't answer because offsets change if i change the vies on the hex editor, but it seems that no, strings does not always start at that "off set". That's how looks like BAA .soundnode files:

GimmyBreaker
beginner

Post by GimmyBreaker » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:23 am

Yes, script work on offset 3xx. It's always depends on game.
You have Python 3.x, delete all line with print or change to print("Working on: ",i).
I'm working on 2.7.x

Nevermind, I will do this for you only because I didn't have enough time to finish my importer and exporter for Grimm.
Script will be public.
But It's first and last time, I'm only do such things for free for Polish fan translations community.
You are lucky :wink:

montcer9012
beginner

Post by montcer9012 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:47 am

Not for free??? Mmm well at least could you point me on the right direction? I live on a communism country (Venezuela), were foreign currencies are banned, so i can't pay to you... No with a working currency. If you accept VEF then let me know hahahaha.

The game already have the translation i want (Spanish), but i want to force it to play english voices with spanish subs (Can't be done normally, because voices and subtitles are embedded together). That's why i want to unpack .soundnodewav file: to rewrite the English subs with the spanish ones, then repack the .soundnodewav, and finally repack the .upk.

By the way, Python looks kinda a batch file; at least i could understand it a little bit. I do erase the line, and now it sais this:

C:\Users\CAMG\Downloads\bataa>bataa.py
  File "C:\Users\CAMG\Downloads\bataa\bataa.py", line 7
    files = sorted(glob("C:\Users\CAMG\Downloads\bataa"))
                       ^
SyntaxError: (unicode error) 'unicodeescape' codec can't decode bytes in positio
n 2-3: truncated \UXXXXXXXX escape

GimmyBreaker
beginner

Post by GimmyBreaker » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:40 am

No, I said, that I will do this for you, for free only this time and script will be public. Wait few days.
Unreal Engine is my cup of tea.
I don't do research and tools for free for other countries only because I takes a lot of time :wink:
I hate Python 3.x version, they've change so much...

UPK Unpack/Repack in Attachment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by GimmyBreaker on Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

michalss

Post by michalss » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:59 am

GimmyBreaker wrote:No, I said, that I will do this for you, for free only this time and script will be public. Wait few days.
Unreal Engine is my cup of tea.
I don't do research and tools for free for other countries only because I takes a lot of time :wink:
I hate Python 3.x version, they've change so much...

UPK Packer/Repacker in Attachment.

I was just curious and grabb this and test it, what this exactly does mate ?? It does not do anything just create folder and put some non usable log files in it.... Confused... Really?? Your Tools does not work correctly.... What is the compression use for PC ? On X360 is LZX of course??
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/

GimmyBreaker
beginner

Post by GimmyBreaker » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:13 pm

michalss wrote: I was just curious and grabb this and test it, what this exactly does mate ?? It does not do anything just create folder and put some non usable log files in it.... Confused... Really?? Your Tools does not work correctly.... What is the compression use for PC ? On X360 is LZX of course??
It's unpacker and reapacker for .upk files for montcer9012, because when he repack .upk game crashes, he wanted QBMS script for upk files, I said there are other tools to do this, now in my attachment. It's only because Gildor Unpacker and 0dd14lab Unpacker are different.
There are not my tools, there are from 0dd14lab, no longer available from their website. Only Decompressor from gildor can be useful to decompress .upk package.

We are talking with montcer9012 about importer and exporter for SoundNodeWave files.
Last edited by GimmyBreaker on Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

michalss

Post by michalss » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:39 pm

GimmyBreaker wrote:
michalss wrote: I was just curious and grabb this and test it, what this exactly does mate ?? It does not do anything just create folder and put some non usable log files in it.... Confused... Really?? Your Tools does not work correctly.... What is the compression use for PC ? On X360 is LZX of course??
It's unpacker and reapacker for .upk files for montcer9012, because when he repack .upk game crashes, he wanted QBMS script for upk files, I said there are other tools to do this, now in my attachment. It's only because Glidor Unpacker and 0dd14lab Unpacker are different.
There are not my tools, there are from 0dd14lab, no longer available from their website. Only Decompressor from glidor can be useful to decompress .upk package.

We are talking with montcer9012 about importer and exporter for SoundNodeWave files.
Well both are useless for localization i'm afraid :(. And that one you posted does not work at all :(
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/

montcer9012
beginner

Post by montcer9012 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:39 pm

Cool man! Repacked UPK files does work now! Many tanks for the files.

At this point, i only need the .soundNodeWav unpacker/repacker to replace the subtitles. So, i have to ask, the tool you are developing will be avaible soon, and is intended to unpack/repack .soundNodeWav files? I am working with BAA for now, later will start with BAO but i hope same tools work for both games.

Remember i upload 3 files from the first chapter, in case you want to try your tool with BAA files. Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bwyab ... 01_BAA.zip
michalss wrote: Well both are useless for localization i'm afraid :(. And that one you posted does not work at all :(
What do you mean with "both"? If you mean unpacker/repacker for upk, it does work for BAA.

If i do remember well, you finished your translation of BAO, and i ask the tools you used but you haven't answer to me.

EDIT: The tools does not work for BAO. Even if i extract .UPK files with Gildor's tool, then i can't repack it because Gildor tool does not create .UPKpkginfo file. But for now, i want to work first with BAA, then look forward for BAO.

GimmyBreaker
beginner

Post by GimmyBreaker » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:52 pm

Gildor unpacker doesn't work with UPK Repacker, because, It was created only to unpack, not for repack.
I will look around BO files. But as I said before, If UPK Unpack can't decompress .upk files, then you must use Gildor Decompressor and use UPK Unpack on that decompressed file ;)

The problem is, that there is no universal tool for Unreal Engine and never be. There are so many games running on that engine, and It everyone always end in Hex Editor, to chceck differences.

Yes, my tool for exporting and importing strings for SoundeNodeWave files will be avalibe soon, as open code, Python script, will work with Batman AA.
I have this game from HumbleBundle, so I don't need files from you.
michalss wrote:Well both are useless for localization i'm afraid :(. And that one you posted does not work at all :(
Maybe you don't know how to use them?
Last edited by GimmyBreaker on Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

montcer9012
beginner

Post by montcer9012 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:02 pm

You have both Batman A Asylum and B A Origins? Let me know if you need anything. Is the most i can do since i can't pay for your work.

GimmyBreaker
beginner

Post by GimmyBreaker » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:05 pm

Yes, I have all new Batmans.
As I said for Batman Origins, use Gildor Decompressor and then use UPK Unpack from me, should work If they don't change lot in those files.
If not, well, we will see ;)
Last edited by GimmyBreaker on Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.