[PSX] Parasite Eve 2 create script dump texts

Need help translating games in other languages? Have your language problems solved here.
carnage
beginner

[PSX] Parasite Eve 2 create script dump texts

Post by carnage » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:53 pm

Friends okay with you.
First of all want to leave here my best wishes for merry christmas and a great new year for all forum.
Could anyone help me in this game until today I did not find anything that would be of help to translate this game, many are trying but not tivem success.
Someone would or could create a script to dump / insert texts This Game?

mdhyena
ultra-n00b

Re: [PSX] Parasite Eve 2 create script dump texts

Post by mdhyena » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:35 am

Hello there. A little info here to help You. Game has three types of text: the first will be GUI items (main menu, player menu, inventory, etc) which are images (well, packed images); the second - items descriptions, which are just plain ASCII text with some mark-up symbols; and the last - dialog text, which is basically a binary data with character width table to use with font image followed by encoded text. The encoding varies from one file to another, and depends on font image.

Fonts are stored, if I recall it correctly, as a 4bpp indexed compressed images, CLUTs for them are stored separately.

I linked a program I wrote a while ago, that is capable to extract/unpack most of the data (excluding raw sounds and background FMV movies) from *.CDF files. Just drop any of the CDFs on it. The dialog text is in files with extension "*.04", the actual width table and text in them start somewhere after "CAP2" ascii string.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

xdrgamelove
ultra-n00b

Post by xdrgamelove » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:47 pm

mdhyena wrote:Hello there. A little info here to help You. Game has three types of text: the first will be GUI items (main menu, player menu, inventory, etc) which are images (well, packed images); the second - items descriptions, which are just plain ASCII text with some mark-up symbols; and the last - dialog text, which is basically a binary data with character width table to use with font image followed by encoded text. The encoding varies from one file to another, and depends on font image.

Fonts are stored, if I recall it correctly, as a 4bpp indexed compressed images, CLUTs for them are stored separately.

I linked a program I wrote a while ago, that is capable to extract/unpack most of the data (excluding raw sounds and background FMV movies) from *.CDF files. Just drop any of the CDFs on it. The dialog text is in files with extension "*.04", the actual width table and text in them start somewhere after "CAP2" ascii string.

How to import files? Please help me? :roll:

Morty888
ultra-n00b

Post by Morty888 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:05 am

mdhyena wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:35 am
Hello there. A little info here to help You. Game has three types of text: the first will be GUI items (main menu, player menu, inventory, etc) which are images (well, packed images); the second - items descriptions, which are just plain ASCII text with some mark-up symbols; and the last - dialog text, which is basically a binary data with character width table to use with font image followed by encoded text. The encoding varies from one file to another, and depends on font image.

Your file is broken, please reload ...

Morty888
ultra-n00b

Post by Morty888 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:41 am

I found it myself
Drag the file to this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.