The rules have been updated, read them now: Rules!

Ninja Ripper

General game file tools that are useful for more than one game
Andrakann
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Ninja Ripper

Post by Andrakann » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:30 pm

ricmetal wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:47 am
the game(s) is dead island definite edition and dying light. i used to be able to rip dying light correctly, dead island im not so sure i tried previsouly, but both get the same gargled results, as shown in the images above. and dying light i def used to rip meshes, with the same setup i have now.
I checked in dead island DE, and yes, static meshes all garbaged, but character models looks ok.

ricmetal
n00b

Post by ricmetal » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:15 am

Andrakann wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:30 pm
I checked in dead island DE, and yes, static meshes all garbaged, but character models looks ok.
unfortunately, it's the static meshes i am after :(

i'm guessing a windows update messed the ripper up? i can't seen other explanation. i use the same ripper (rip setup as a long time ago).

i mean, dying light could have been updated, breaking the ripper somehow (idk if that could happen, i'm assuming), but my dead island ain't on steam, and both games result in the same effed up meshes, so i'm thinking dying light being updated (which it still is, to this day) had nothing to do with it and it's something else.

what else is there, but a windows update (in very broadly terms)

hm - does this usually happen to other games, and does it get fixed, usually? would it be possible to ask for a fix to whomever is concearned? :roll:

Andrakann
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Andrakann » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:18 pm

ricmetal wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:15 am
i'm guessing a windows update messed the ripper up?
what else is there, but a windows update (in very broadly terms)
I'm sure it's not win update, because i never update my 7x64 SP1 (maybe 2-3 updates installed manually over time for some software requirements).

Possible reason is videocard upgrade (1060 6Gb for now), videocard drivers also different.

So, my best guess it's caused by new videochip abilities, unknown to ripper, or by addressing more than 4 Gb of video RAM, which can be unsupported by ripper too.

Ripper developing is abandoned, so, it's better to try something different, like this: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=21379

Carvalho243
ultra-n00b

Post by Carvalho243 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:52 pm

xorterenshe wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:21 am
Probably for a few months now, I can't get Ninja Ripper to work with Star Trek Online anymore. Could anyone suggest a way to fix this? I'm using the Steam version of STO. Haven't checked it with the standalone version yet, though I'm probably going to try that once I get the chance to install it. [EDIT] I've now also checked it with the standalone version. No difference.[END OF EDIT]

The way I used to be able to do it was as follows:
1)Point NR to ***>steamapps>common>Star Trek Online>Star Trek Online.exe
2)Run it as D3D11 wrapper.
3)Once launcher opens, close it down again.
4)Go into ***>steamapps>common>Star Trek Online folder and move the created D3D11.dll from there into the following folder:
***>steamapps>common>Star Trek Online>Star Trek Online>Live>x64
5)Close and relaunch NR, then run in Intruder mode

That's how it worked in the past, up until a few months ago. At least, I'm 99% positive I am remembering how I used to do it correctly.

Now, when I try to run with Intruder inject, it gives me an error:
"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application."

I've also tried with substituting the D3D11 wrapper with the D3D9 one. No difference.
I also cant get it to work with just using one of the D3D* wrapper modes. The game runs, but I cant extract anything. It just creates a log file in the extract location and that's it. It always used to need Intruder mode, but now none of them seem to work.

Any suggestions?

I just solved this problem yesterday. It was my antivirus (Avast). Turned it off for an hour and worked. Maybe it works with you too, but can be many other reasons as well...