Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

General game file tools that are useful for more than one game
itoikenza
advanced

Re: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by itoikenza » Sun May 27, 2012 2:40 pm

sorry for the double post. but i wanna know if this is what i need for kinect+noesis via x86 xp & vista? primesense-win32-fullinstaller-redist-20.4.2.20.exe

also i wanna know which adapter is the right one for connection to a pc?

edit: MrAdults i really like that snapshot feature (for frame by frame animatin'), could you incorporate that into the kinect interface. if it's already there. thanks...

edit 6/1/12: did i kill this thread or sumthin? Anyway MrAdults can you or anyone help me resize masamune from duodecim to fit paine's model? what's the command for "size"? in .noesis files?
NOESIS_SCENE_FILE
version 1
physicslib ""
defaultAxis "0"
sharedAnims "1"

object
{
model "paine.ffm"
offset "(0 0 0)"
rotate "(0 0 0)"
}
object
{
model "masamune.gmo"
offset "(0.162757 -0.290578 0.013957)"
rotate "(800 800 300)"
}

now i got kinect to work http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50488782/kinect.png on noesis but i'm having a hell of a time mapping out all the bones. could someone provide me with a .noekin model for ff7ac cloud (from first dissidia) pm me if you really wanna "help" !

finale00
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by finale00 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:31 am

So I started writing in native code rather than python, but I didn't really like C++ so I went to C# lol
Does noesis API only support C++?

itoikenza
advanced

Post by itoikenza » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:30 am

since i dropped my kinect (from on top a door OUCH!) it seems to be acting wonky. since it only cost me $46. i guess i'll buy a brand new one next time. if qumarion doesn't come out by then!? anyway could you MrAdults make a more intuitive data viewer in respect to the bone angle offset manip. it's a pain guessin' the angle degrees. if one could just manip. the bones with the mouse. or arrow keys. that would solve everything... also a frame by frame save feature would be nice. i seem to be the only one expecting this kind of control from your program. when quma releases that should solve all my problems, especially when you get your hands on one and hopefully make an exporter to whatever format it's apps use, if you can't incorporate it's interface... Thanks.

Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:35 pm

MrAdults, have u been working with dragon's dogma?
looks like it has openable .mod files, also latest noesis can convert some of textures
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum

MrAdults

Post by MrAdults » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:20 pm

itoikenza wrote:sorry for the double post. but i wanna know if this is what i need for kinect+noesis via x86 xp & vista? primesense-win32-fullinstaller-redist-20.4.2.20.exe

also i wanna know which adapter is the right one for connection to a pc?
I actually updated Noesis to OpenNI 1.5, but I haven't released a build with that. I'll link the new appropriate driver+OpenNI+NITE package here after I get the build out. I don't know when I'll get around to that though. Hopefully soonish.
itoikenza wrote:MrAdults i really like that snapshot feature (for frame by frame animatin'), could you incorporate that into the kinect interface. if it's already there. thanks...
I plan to, yeah. It isn't there right now.
itoikenza wrote:did i kill this thread or sumthin? Anyway MrAdults can you or anyone help me resize masamune from duodecim to fit paine's model? what's the command for "size"? in .noesis files?
I haven't been ignoring it, I just got back from a week in Hawaii, and before that I'd spent a week in Palm Springs. And now that I've spent 2 weeks being irresponsible and having fun, I need to do actual work stuff again here soon. So don't be surprised if I disappear again for a bit. But anyway, you might play around with the -scale option when processing the weapon model, but it's quite possible that will also undesirably modify the bolt offset. Probably not though, it looks like it's meant to be bolted in from the origin.
finale00 wrote:So I started writing in native code rather than python, but I didn't really like C++ so I went to C# lol
Does noesis API only support C++?
Well, you have native plugins (C/C++, or anything you want that compiles to native Windows binary really), and Python. If you want anything else, that means adding support for that particular framework via native plugin yourself. You could certainly write a module to act as a C# managed framework host much in the same way that the Python plugin works, but it's going to be a pretty involved thing.
itoikenza wrote:since i dropped my kinect (from on top a door OUCH!) it seems to be acting wonky. since it only cost me $46. i guess i'll buy a brand new one next time. if qumarion doesn't come out by then!? anyway could you MrAdults make a more intuitive data viewer in respect to the bone angle offset manip. it's a pain guessin' the angle degrees. if one could just manip. the bones with the mouse. or arrow keys. that would solve everything...
Select a bone in the data viewer, then over the model preview, hold shift+left mouse and move the mouse around. It will modify the selected bone's rotation offset. As for individual frame export from the in-preview bone transforms, maybe at some point.
Tosyk wrote:MrAdults, have u been working with dragon's dogma?
looks like it has openable .mod files, also latest noesis can convert some of textures
I've never heard of it.

Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:48 am

MrAdults wrote:
Tosyk wrote:MrAdults, have u been working with dragon's dogma?
I've never heard of it.
it uses MT Framework engine, do u want i provide u with samples?
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum

itoikenza
advanced

Post by itoikenza » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:32 am

MrAdults wrote:you might play around with the -scale option when processing the weapon model, but it's quite possible that will also undesirably modify the bolt offset. Probably not though, it looks like it's meant to be bolted in from the origin.
-scale "(Please tell me, What in the world do i type in here?)"

also how can i make her hold it at the top. (not in the middle)

Scratch Dat! i got the ff7 buster sword from ffx
which is pretty sweet. but it aint bound to her left hand when i rotate. Any way to bind objects? also i can't even move the weapon around. if i could i'd just grin and bear with it, which does have the advantage of being wielded by either hand or thrown.

Rimbros
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Rimbros » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:08 am

Anyone have a clearly guide abouth i can mad a .noekin bones structure, i have a game with specific skeleton and i want put this in kinect then load and made my hown animations and write this animations in smd or any redeable format, this guide can be very usefully.
Renders Art by Rimbros
http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn12 ... E/Renders/

Personal Game repository samples, send PM

Rimbros
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Rimbros » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:42 pm

and 7 days before without answer, we can consider this abandoned treadh i think :(
Renders Art by Rimbros

Demonsangel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Demonsangel » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:44 am

Are you kidding me? He even said he might vanish for a while because he had a lot of work to do.

And I can't even understand half of what you're trying to say.

Rimbros
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Rimbros » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:45 am

Demonsangel wrote:Are you kidding me? He even said he might vanish for a while because he had a lot of work to do.

And I can't even understand half of what you're trying to say.
I say where i can found a guide to made my skeletons or map my skeletons to be compatible with Noesis.
I have kinect but i want put inside my hown skeleton, then made animations with the skeleton i made and finally save the animation.
Renders Art by Rimbros

itoikenza
advanced

Post by itoikenza » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:43 pm

any way to blend the ffx buster sword with this frame in the background, cause my kinect unstable drivers is driving me bonkers. and i wanna replace the ****** in my hand with said model!?

Demonsangel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Demonsangel » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:28 pm

Does anyone have a noesis script where a model gets exported? I'm trying to write an exporter but I don't know how to access all the data.

chrrox

Post by chrrox » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:29 pm

there is an example in the noesis program.
__NPExample.txt

Demonsangel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Demonsangel » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Yeah I found it, I turned it into .py but removed the writemodel part ^^
Forgot I did that so figured the .txt would be the same.