READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

General game file tools that are useful for more than one game
User avatar
itoikenza
advanced
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:24 am
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by itoikenza » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:04 pm

MrAdults! Remember me? The Qumarion dude. Who wanted ya to incorporate Quma into Noesis? Too bad those JP guys never expanded to ship outside their country huh? The official site hasn't updated in about as long as i've been away...

User avatar
mikulover39
advanced
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:55 am
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 88 times

Re: Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by mikulover39 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:07 am

Is it possible to create a key frame with one of axis missing?
I'm trying to convert some animations from a game but it skips out a few frames sometimes on certain axis's,
For example the x and z axis could have a values on frames 50-100 but the y axis doesn't
but it would have one value on frame 50 and one value on frame 100 and then just interpolate between them.

I don't know if this is possible to do in noesis?

User avatar
MrAdults
Moderator
Posts: 1007
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:57 am
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 498 times

Re: Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by MrAdults » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:40 pm

If you want to feed keyframe data that isn't natively supported by the keyframe interpolator, you have to convert it first. In your case, this means generating the keyframe-mismatched elements of your position/rotation/etc. by evaluating them at a given time before feeding them to Noesis.

falconcool
veteran
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:41 am
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by falconcool » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:44 pm

About the scene file used in noesis ,,called xxxxx.noesis .
Is there any guide to read about it?I want to know how to use command "-loadoptions".
I am trying to merge standard .bvh animation into standard fbx models.
Is this possible to be done by noesis's scene file management?

User avatar
mikulover39
advanced
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:55 am
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 88 times

Re: Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by mikulover39 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:12 pm

Cool thanks for the info, I used the formula x = (1 - a) * x1 + a * x2 to filling the missing parts and it looks smooth judging from a couple quick previews. It's honestly a weird way to store animation info but i guess it saves file space.

User avatar
MrAdults
Moderator
Posts: 1007
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:57 am
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 498 times

Re: Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by MrAdults » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:31 am

mikulover39 wrote:Cool thanks for the info, I used the formula x = (1 - a) * x1 + a * x2 to filling the missing parts and it looks smooth judging from a couple quick previews. It's honestly a weird way to store animation info but i guess it saves file space.
:up:
falconcool wrote:About the scene file used in noesis ,,called xxxxx.noesis .
Is there any guide to read about it?I want to know how to use command "-loadoptions".
I am trying to merge standard .bvh animation into standard fbx models.
Is this possible to be done by noesis's scene file management?
There's no need to use .noesis files for that, just use -loadanim. For example, if exporting file01.bvh to allanims.fbx, add -loadanim file02.bvh -loadanim file03.bvh -loadanim file04.bvh ... to the commandline, and they'll all get smashed together into the FBX output.

User avatar
MrAdults
Moderator
Posts: 1007
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:57 am
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 498 times

Re: Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by MrAdults » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:11 am

Updated original post with a link to the build automation & tracking site, which gets auto-updated with current builds and documentation.

User avatar
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran
Posts: 934
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:24 am
Location: Russia, Siberia
Has thanked: 225 times
Been thanked: 110 times
Contact:

Re: Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by Tosyk » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:36 pm

Is there a way to flip model and skeleton along axis? sometimes I'm getting models flipped along X in which, for ex., left hand is on the right side of the body. So I think that maybe noesis could handle this flipping thing.
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum

JakeGreen
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 162
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:14 pm
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by JakeGreen » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:09 am

So i'll give you a little run down of what i do here to get to my problem so i work in 3s max 2012 and above to model,rig and import ported models and when i export the models to fbx 2009 format cause i need it for 3ds max 9 cause the game i mod only has plugin for that version and it just gives me square boxes when i import as dummy (which i want my bones as dummys).

So i just export it as a 2012 fbx and i use Noesis as a converter to open it in 3ds max 9 but i've been noticing when i do this and use noesis to export out as fbx it doesn't keep my proper scale i had it as in max 2012 and rotated the models root bone at like a -90 so it's got the hold body laying face first in the grid box and it deletes any "extra" bones i have in the scene that aren't rigged or linked to anything, then adds a bone and skin modifier to any mesh i have in my scene that isn't rigged.

It's not that these are easy fixes for me in 3ds max it's just gets annoying that it does this when i have like 4 or 5 models i need to work on and i have to go back in and replace all of this stuff and remove the bones noesis created and delete the non-rigged models skin modifier.

I've even noticed this when i use Unwrap 3d on star wars battlefront models and i export as max 2012/15 and it deletes every unused bone on the model that it isn't rigged to making me have to replace them.

So is there anyway that this could be fixed or possible have options so it doesn't do stuff like this when exporting as FBX in Noesis?

User avatar
chrrox
Moderator
Posts: 2552
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 3:01 pm
Has thanked: 57 times
Been thanked: 1284 times

Re: Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by chrrox » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:06 am

Did you try
-fbxnewexport
also you can try
-scale for model size.

User avatar
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member
Posts: 1266
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:16 pm
Has thanked: 2398 times
Been thanked: 734 times

Re: Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by Acewell » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:25 pm

Request: please eliminate the UV flipping that occurs when importing/exporting obj files. (:

User avatar
MrAdults
Moderator
Posts: 1007
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:57 am
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 498 times

Re: Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by MrAdults » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:33 am

Tosyk wrote:Is there a way to flip model and skeleton along axis? sometimes I'm getting models flipped along X in which, for ex., left hand is on the right side of the body. So I think that maybe noesis could handle this flipping thing.
There's an option in the data viewer to flip the projection. Otherwise it's up to the importer to modify the handedness if it's desired. Generally I'm a fan of leaving geometry intact and passing it through directly.
JakeGreen wrote:So i'll give you a little run down of what i do here to get to my problem so i work in 3s max 2012 and above to model,rig and import ported models and when i export the models to fbx 2009 format cause i need it for 3ds max 9 cause the game i mod only has plugin for that version and it just gives me square boxes when i import as dummy (which i want my bones as dummys).

So i just export it as a 2012 fbx and i use Noesis as a converter to open it in 3ds max 9 but i've been noticing when i do this and use noesis to export out as fbx it doesn't keep my proper scale i had it as in max 2012 and rotated the models root bone at like a -90 so it's got the hold body laying face first in the grid box and it deletes any "extra" bones i have in the scene that aren't rigged or linked to anything, then adds a bone and skin modifier to any mesh i have in my scene that isn't rigged.

It's not that these are easy fixes for me in 3ds max it's just gets annoying that it does this when i have like 4 or 5 models i need to work on and i have to go back in and replace all of this stuff and remove the bones noesis created and delete the non-rigged models skin modifier.

I've even noticed this when i use Unwrap 3d on star wars battlefront models and i export as max 2012/15 and it deletes every unused bone on the model that it isn't rigged to making me have to replace them.

So is there anyway that this could be fixed or possible have options so it doesn't do stuff like this when exporting as FBX in Noesis?
Noesis doesn't touch any of this data on the way through. If you don't want bones created to represent static geometry transforms, use -fbxnomeshbones.
AceWell wrote:Request: please eliminate the UV flipping that occurs when importing/exporting obj files. (:
No UV flipping occurs. UV's remain perfectly intact. If your importer is flipping them, that's your importer's problem, and Noesis offers the "flip UV" option for this reason.

This is all fake news.

User avatar
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member
Posts: 1266
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:16 pm
Has thanked: 2398 times
Been thanked: 734 times

Re: Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by Acewell » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:07 am

MrAdults wrote:No UV flipping occurs.
false (:
MrAdults wrote:UV's remain perfectly intact.
true :)
MrAdults wrote:If your importer is flipping them, that's your importer's problem,
i don't know what that means, i've never written a Wavefront obj importer or exporter for Noesis
(though that does sound fun :D ), they flip on export to obj no matter what importer you used
and Noesis offers the "flip UV" option
maybe because it flips the UVs on Wavefront obj import/export? no other 3d software i use ever needs this option.

anyway, its not a problem for me, just for those who aren't used to having to flip the UVs every time :ninja:
Have a nice day! :D

User avatar
MrAdults
Moderator
Posts: 1007
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:57 am
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 498 times

Re: Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by MrAdults » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:39 am

Take a look at the texture coordinate for a vertex in a given game file before Noesis touches it. Now export that file to .obj with Noesis. Look at the texture coordinate in the .obj file. Is it exactly the same? Unless the importer for that game mangled it on import, yes it is.

Import that .obj back into Noesis. Look at the texture coordinate. Is it still exactly the same? Yes it is. Export that .obj to another .obj and look at the texture coordinate. Is it still exactly the same? Yes it is.

Now import that .obj into your program of choice. Oh, did it flip your texture coordinates? Probably!

No reasonably official Wavefront .obj spec actually specifies UV coordinates (0, 0) as the lower-left or upper-left in image space. Noesis does the right thing by leaving it alone, and Noesis does not care how your target renderer is going to interpret the UV coordinates. Noesis isn't going to transform UV's from a target format because it's from a platform that treats (0, 0) as lower-left. That's none of Noesis's concern, and that's why Noesis has options to flip UV's globally to fit any given specification without transforming data in the process, and it has options to flip UV's on export for any format in case your target importer/renderer has no other way of dealing with UV coordinates which assume a different image space. If you're using .obj and you don't understand any of this, you shouldn't even be using .obj. It's a limited format.

Remember what your parents always told you growing up: just because it's different, it doesn't make it wrong.

User avatar
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran
Posts: 934
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:24 am
Location: Russia, Siberia
Has thanked: 225 times
Been thanked: 110 times
Contact:

Re: Spotlight: Señor Casaroja's Noesis

Post by Tosyk » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:53 pm

MrAdults wrote:
Tosyk wrote:Is there a way to flip model and skeleton along axis? sometimes I'm getting models flipped along X in which, for ex., left hand is on the right side of the body. So I think that maybe noesis could handle this flipping thing.
There's an option in the data viewer to flip the projection. Otherwise it's up to the importer to modify the handedness if it's desired. Generally I'm a fan of leaving geometry intact and passing it through directly.
can you add this options to use it with batch mode?
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum

Post Reply