Poll time! Click here: Are you interested in the chiptune scene? If so, which?. Let's see what our community thinks of the chiptune scene. :) !

3D Model Researcher - extract 3D models with Python

General game file tools that are useful for more than one game
AMDFreak2006
ultra-n00b
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:26 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: 3D Model Researcher - extract 3D models with Python

Post by AMDFreak2006 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:18 pm

Hello Lazov,

at first thanks for your great program. It allowed me to analyze the 3D format of an old game.
I was able to correctly get vertices, faces, normals as well as uv-maps within your program.

Sadly I have some small problem left:

When the FLIP Button is switched ON (standard setting) in 3D Model Researcher, I get a wrong placing of the UV map within the texture picture file.
The UV-map is shown vertically flipped around the center of the texture picture.

FLIP Button switched ON (standard setting):
Image

This of course results in a wrong rendering too:
Image

By switching the FLIP button OFF, 3D Model Researcher correctly flips the UV and shows the correct location in the texture picture:

FLIP Button switched OFF:
Image

Of course the rendering is then also correct:
Image

When I now save the file as OBJ and open it in any other 3D model editor, for example Blender or even a simple viewer as Microsofts Windows 10 built-in 3D-Viewer, the model is textured as if the Button FLIP has never been switched to OFF.

Looking at the UV-Map in Blender, it shows that it is located as if the FLIP button has been set to ON.

Blender:
Image

Is this a bug in 3D Model Researcher? It neither seems to save the flip button state within the OBJ file nor does it change any of the UV map coordinates, etc.

How can I get a correctly textured OBJ model export?

Thanks and best regards

Lazov
advanced
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:56 am
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: 3D Model Researcher - extract 3D models with Python

Post by Lazov » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:48 pm

AMDFreak2006
Yes, the program does not take into account the position of the texture when saving the model. I will try to fix it in the new version.
Thanks for reporting the issue.

Lazov
advanced
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:56 am
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: 3D Model Researcher - extract 3D models with Python

Post by Lazov » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:29 am

Update - Pro version
- Added all features from update v2.7
- Unpacking Zlib data Video. Zlib is often used to compress models. Usually the beginning of such data is byte 0x78.

AMDFreak2006
ultra-n00b
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:26 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: 3D Model Researcher - extract 3D models with Python

Post by AMDFreak2006 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:46 pm

Lazov wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:48 pm
AMDFreak2006
Yes, the program does not take into account the position of the texture when saving the model. I will try to fix it in the new version.
Thanks for reporting the issue.
Hi Lazov,

is there any chance for an update or a new version this year? :)
Do you need any support, for example some files to test if it's working correctly? I'll be happy to help.

Best Regards

AngleLeX
ultra-n00b
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:04 am
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: 3D Model Researcher - extract 3D models with Python

Post by AngleLeX » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:18 pm

Hello! Here is a model that is very strange. I can't open it. I don't know if I can open it in Python.

DeeepLonE
n00b
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:33 am
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: 3D Model Researcher - extract 3D models with Python

Post by DeeepLonE » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:12 am

Lazov wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:29 am
Update - Pro version
- Added all features from update v2.7
- Unpacking Zlib data Video. Zlib is often used to compress models. Usually the beginning of such data is byte 0x78.
Hello? I've paid for the Pro version on your website then where is my key code? Don't tell me this is a trap :cry:

Can't get connection with you.

Is this software already dead?

Lazov
advanced
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:56 am
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: 3D Model Researcher - extract 3D models with Python

Post by Lazov » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:58 am

DeeepLonE wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:12 am
Lazov wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:29 am
Update - Pro version
- Added all features from update v2.7
- Unpacking Zlib data Video. Zlib is often used to compress models. Usually the beginning of such data is byte 0x78.
Hello? I've paid for the Pro version on your website then where is my key code? Don't tell me this is a trap :cry:

Can't get connection with you.

Is this software already dead?
The site has a feedback form. Check the spam folder in your mailbox.

DeeepLonE
n00b
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:33 am
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: 3D Model Researcher - extract 3D models with Python

Post by DeeepLonE » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:34 am

Lazov wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:58 am
DeeepLonE wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:12 am
Lazov wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:29 am
Update - Pro version
- Added all features from update v2.7
- Unpacking Zlib data Video. Zlib is often used to compress models. Usually the beginning of such data is byte 0x78.
Hello? I've paid for the Pro version on your website then where is my key code? Don't tell me this is a trap :cry:

Can't get connection with you.

Is this software already dead?
The site has a feedback form. Check the spam folder in your mailbox.
Nope. There's nothing in my mailbox spam folder :( Can't receive any e-mail from your website.

Do I have to offer another e-mail address ?

Lazov
advanced
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:56 am
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: 3D Model Researcher - extract 3D models with Python

Post by Lazov » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:07 am

DeeepLonE wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:34 am
Do I have to offer another e-mail address ?
Write to me in PM or through the form on the website. I am not aware of the email address you provided. I don't even know when you bought the program. Give me more information.

DeeepLonE
n00b
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:33 am
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: 3D Model Researcher - extract 3D models with Python

Post by DeeepLonE » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:31 pm

Lazov wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:07 am
DeeepLonE wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:34 am
Do I have to offer another e-mail address ?
Write to me in PM or through the form on the website. I am not aware of the email address you provided. I don't even know when you bought the program. Give me more information.
I've sent you my gmail address and you've confirmed my bill, now what? No reply again?

Lazov
advanced
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:56 am
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: 3D Model Researcher - extract 3D models with Python

Post by Lazov » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:19 am

DeeepLonE wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:31 pm
I've sent you my gmail address and you've confirmed my bill, now what? No reply again?
I replied

DeeepLonE
n00b
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:33 am
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: 3D Model Researcher - extract 3D models with Python

Post by DeeepLonE » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:44 am

Lazov wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:19 am
DeeepLonE wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:31 pm
I've sent you my gmail address and you've confirmed my bill, now what? No reply again?
I replied
Oh, yes!! Thank you very much, sir. I apologize for my rudeness and lousy English :P

AMDFreak2006
ultra-n00b
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:26 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: 3D Model Researcher - extract 3D models with Python

Post by AMDFreak2006 » Sun May 09, 2021 3:37 pm

AMDFreak2006 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:46 pm
Lazov wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:48 pm
AMDFreak2006
Yes, the program does not take into account the position of the texture when saving the model. I will try to fix it in the new version.
Thanks for reporting the issue.
Hi Lazov,

is there any chance for an update or a new version this year? :)
Do you need any support, for example some files to test if it's working correctly? I'll be happy to help.

Best Regards
Hi Lazov,

is there any chance of an update in 2021?

Best Regards

Fiammanera628
veteran
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:51 pm
Has thanked: 8 times

Re: 3D Model Researcher - extract 3D models with Python

Post by Fiammanera628 » Wed May 12, 2021 12:59 pm

Hello,

Is possible to open these .sb3d and .sba files from Need For Speed: No Limits, or, at least, understand the model structure?

I bring a BMW M3 E46 GTR as example.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6zgfvatbljfe4 ... 6.rar?dl=0

Thank you.

UPDATE:

I found that the .sb3d file is compressed, and I have extracted the chunk files thanks to a script from "DKDave" on Discord, but now I'm not sure where the 3d models are; I think there are stored in the most heavy file, but Idk where to find the start offset of the vertices ... I'm not good to read the hex code :oops:

Here the sample: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4lmr5haze130d ... s.rar?dl=0

Post Reply