READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Blender NinjaRipper Addon

General game file tools that are useful for more than one game
Post Reply
aaro4130
ultra-n00b
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:01 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 15 times

Blender NinjaRipper Addon

Post by aaro4130 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:00 am

I quickly made out a Blender add-on to import the binary *.rip files from NinjaRipper. This is a nearly 1:1 clone of the 3dsmax script. Enjoy :)

https://github.com/Dummiesman/RipImport

It supports most of the things that the 3dsmax importer supports ;)
Image

SergeantJoe
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 239
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:39 am
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Blender NinjaRipper Addon

Post by SergeantJoe » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:52 am

Excellent, this will be really useful!

JenniferRussell
ultra-n00b
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:43 am

Re: Blender NinjaRipper Addon

Post by JenniferRussell » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:45 am

Use Ninja Ripper to import them to 3DS Max, then export them to a format usable by Blender.

User avatar
lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 10:55 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: Blender NinjaRipper Addon

Post by lionheartuk » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:50 am

JenniferRussell wrote:Use Ninja Ripper to import them to 3DS Max, then export them to a format usable by Blender.
But why use 2 pieces of software if you can use just 1?
Plus many people don't have 3DS Max, myself for example, I don't use, or like the software, I use Maya instead, but others use Blender instead.
"Lemons are people nice hardworking & honest people too..."

User avatar
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 425
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:30 am
Has thanked: 103 times
Been thanked: 266 times

Re: Blender NinjaRipper Addon

Post by volfin » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:11 pm

lionheartuk wrote:
JenniferRussell wrote:Use Ninja Ripper to import them to 3DS Max, then export them to a format usable by Blender.
But why use 2 pieces of software if you can use just 1?
Plus many people don't have 3DS Max, myself for example, I don't use, or like the software, I use Maya instead, but others use Blender instead.
Exactly. I don't know what kind of point they are trying to make. Many thanks to the maker of this useful addon.

User avatar
Curtain
beginner
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:13 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Blender NinjaRipper Addon

Post by Curtain » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:55 am

Hello, I've been using this NinjaRipper addon for Blender:
https://github.com/angavrilov/blender-i ... injaripper

Are there any note worthy improvements in Dummiesman's addon compared to angavrilov's addon?

I haven't had any major issues with angavrilov's addon yet.

pendave
ultra-n00b
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:50 am

Re: Blender NinjaRipper Addon

Post by pendave » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:34 am

Curtain wrote:Hello, I've been using this NinjaRipper addon for Blender:
https://github.com/angavrilov/blender-i ... injaripper

Are there any note worthy improvements in Dummiesman's addon compared to angavrilov's addon?

I haven't had any major issues with angavrilov's addon yet.
Which version of Blender are you using for this angavrilov's addon, please ?

glupiekonto
n00b
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:07 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Blender NinjaRipper Addon

Post by glupiekonto » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:24 pm

I've updated this plugin to Blender 2.8
https://github.com/xpawelsky/RipImport

BHSniper
ultra-n00b
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:24 pm

Re: Blender NinjaRipper Addon

Post by BHSniper » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:59 am

lionheartuk wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:50 am
JenniferRussell wrote:Use Ninja Ripper to import them to 3DS Max, then export them to a format usable by Blender.
But why use 2 pieces of software if you can use just 1?
Plus many people don't have 3DS Max, myself for example, I don't use, or like the software, I use Maya instead, but others use Blender instead.
Don't know what you're on about, 3DS Max is very good, and I use it both with Blender, so sucks for you.

User avatar
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 425
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:30 am
Has thanked: 103 times
Been thanked: 266 times

Re: Blender NinjaRipper Addon

Post by volfin » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:09 pm

BHSniper wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:59 am
lionheartuk wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:50 am
JenniferRussell wrote:Use Ninja Ripper to import them to 3DS Max, then export them to a format usable by Blender.
But why use 2 pieces of software if you can use just 1?
Plus many people don't have 3DS Max, myself for example, I don't use, or like the software, I use Maya instead, but others use Blender instead.
Don't know what you're on about, 3DS Max is very good, and I use it both with Blender, so sucks for you.
Probably not smart to Necro a 2 year old thread especially when you don't seem to have any idea what was being discussed at the time.

User avatar
lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 10:55 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: Blender NinjaRipper Addon

Post by lionheartuk » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:08 am

BHSniper wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:59 am
lionheartuk wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:50 am
JenniferRussell wrote:Use Ninja Ripper to import them to 3DS Max, then export them to a format usable by Blender.
But why use 2 pieces of software if you can use just 1?
Plus many people don't have 3DS Max, myself for example, I don't use, or like the software, I use Maya instead, but others use Blender instead.
Don't know what you're on about, 3DS Max is very good, and I use it both with Blender, so sucks for you.
ninjaRipper is one piece of software, 3DS max is another, Blender is another.
Importing into Max, then into Blender is a 2 step process, importing into max and then blender is a 3 step process.

You're defending a piece of software without reading the context it was in, or reading that it wasn't attacked at any point.
I still don't like 3DS Max, I use Maya, and I have professionally for over 10 years now, there is no 'sucks for you'.
I work in the game industry, where Blender doesn't really exist, I also work in Japan where 3DS Max largely doesn't exist, everything is Maya, a dislike or Max or blender hasn't ever limited me.

If you're a Blender user, what possible reason would you have to go and use 3DS max as an import/export software if you can just import straight into Blender.
"Lemons are people nice hardworking & honest people too..."

sos123
advanced
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:36 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Blender NinjaRipper Addon

Post by sos123 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:45 am

aaro4130 wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:00 am
I quickly made out a Blender add-on to import the binary *.rip files from NinjaRipper. This is a nearly 1:1 clone of the 3dsmax script. Enjoy :)

https://github.com/Dummiesman/RipImport

It supports most of the things that the 3dsmax importer supports ;)
Image
This plug-in does not seem to support blender 2.79b

User avatar
Curtain
beginner
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:13 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Blender NinjaRipper Addon

Post by Curtain » Thu May 02, 2019 4:04 am

sos123 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:45 am
aaro4130 wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:00 am
I quickly made out a Blender add-on to import the binary *.rip files from NinjaRipper. This is a nearly 1:1 clone of the 3dsmax script. Enjoy :)

https://github.com/Dummiesman/RipImport

It supports most of the things that the 3dsmax importer supports ;)
Image
This plug-in does not seem to support blender 2.79b
It works in Blender 2.79b.

Open Blender 2.79b, go to User Preferences, Add-ons, and type 'rip' into the search box.
Once you located the installed NinjaRipper add-on, you should see the following descriptions:
- Description: Import RIP files
- Location: File > Import
- Author: Dummiesman
- Version: 0.0.1

If you have different Ninja Ripper add-ons installed, enable one and disable the others.

sos123
advanced
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:36 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Blender NinjaRipper Addon

Post by sos123 » Thu May 02, 2019 11:00 am

Curtain wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:04 am
sos123 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:45 am
aaro4130 wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:00 am
I quickly made out a Blender add-on to import the binary *.rip files from NinjaRipper. This is a nearly 1:1 clone of the 3dsmax script. Enjoy :)

https://github.com/Dummiesman/RipImport

It supports most of the things that the 3dsmax importer supports ;)
Image
This plug-in does not seem to support blender 2.79b
It works in Blender 2.79b.

Open Blender 2.79b, go to User Preferences, Add-ons, and type 'rip' into the search box.
Once you located the installed NinjaRipper add-on, you should see the following descriptions:
- Description: Import RIP files
- Location: File > Import
- Author: Dummiesman
- Version: 0.0.1

If you have different Ninja Ripper add-ons installed, enable one and disable the others.
Thank you!

This step did succeed.

Do you have tools to import DAT and dfont files into blender?
Image
Image

User avatar
Curtain
beginner
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:13 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Blender NinjaRipper Addon

Post by Curtain » Thu May 02, 2019 3:35 pm

sos123 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 11:00 am

Thank you!

This step did succeed.

Do you have tools to import DAT and dfont files into blender?
Image
Image
Sorry, I don't know anything about dfont or dat files.
I did a quick google search for, "Blender import dat files", and there were a few results related to something called LDraw.
Not sure if that is what you are looking for.

Post Reply