Blender NinjaRipper Addon

General game file tools that are useful for more than one game
Post Reply
aaro4130
ultra-n00b
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:01 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 15 times

Blender NinjaRipper Addon

Post by aaro4130 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:00 am

I quickly made out a Blender add-on to import the binary *.rip files from NinjaRipper. This is a nearly 1:1 clone of the 3dsmax script. Enjoy :)

https://github.com/Dummiesman/RipImport

It supports most of the things that the 3dsmax importer supports ;)
Image

SergeantJoe
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 239
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:39 am
Has thanked: 57 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Blender NinjaRipper Addon

Post by SergeantJoe » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:52 am

Excellent, this will be really useful!

JenniferRussell
ultra-n00b
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:43 am

Re: Blender NinjaRipper Addon

Post by JenniferRussell » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:45 am

Use Ninja Ripper to import them to 3DS Max, then export them to a format usable by Blender.

User avatar
lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran
Posts: 665
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 10:55 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: Blender NinjaRipper Addon

Post by lionheartuk » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:50 am

JenniferRussell wrote:Use Ninja Ripper to import them to 3DS Max, then export them to a format usable by Blender.
But why use 2 pieces of software if you can use just 1?
Plus many people don't have 3DS Max, myself for example, I don't use, or like the software, I use Maya instead, but others use Blender instead.
"Lemons are people nice hardworking & honest people too..."

User avatar
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:30 am
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 260 times

Re: Blender NinjaRipper Addon

Post by volfin » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:11 pm

lionheartuk wrote:
JenniferRussell wrote:Use Ninja Ripper to import them to 3DS Max, then export them to a format usable by Blender.
But why use 2 pieces of software if you can use just 1?
Plus many people don't have 3DS Max, myself for example, I don't use, or like the software, I use Maya instead, but others use Blender instead.
Exactly. I don't know what kind of point they are trying to make. Many thanks to the maker of this useful addon.

User avatar
Curtain
beginner
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:13 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Blender NinjaRipper Addon

Post by Curtain » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:55 am

Hello, I've been using this NinjaRipper addon for Blender:
https://github.com/angavrilov/blender-i ... injaripper

Are there any note worthy improvements in Dummiesman's addon compared to angavrilov's addon?

I haven't had any major issues with angavrilov's addon yet.

pendave
n00b
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:50 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Blender NinjaRipper Addon

Post by pendave » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:34 am

Curtain wrote:Hello, I've been using this NinjaRipper addon for Blender:
https://github.com/angavrilov/blender-i ... injaripper

Are there any note worthy improvements in Dummiesman's addon compared to angavrilov's addon?

I haven't had any major issues with angavrilov's addon yet.
Which version of Blender are you using for this angavrilov's addon, please ?

glupiekonto
n00b
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:07 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Blender NinjaRipper Addon

Post by glupiekonto » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:24 pm

I've updated this plugin to Blender 2.8
https://github.com/xpawelsky/RipImport

Post Reply