Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

[PC] HPK Extractor

Programs that are related to this or that game.
Crypton
advanced

[PC] HPK Extractor

Post by Crypton » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:18 am

GAME = Imperium Romanum
CATEGORY = Game Specific
FORMATS = .hpk

NAME = HPK Extractor
AUTHOR = Crypton
PLATFORM = PC
SYSTEM = Windows
LICENSE = GPL v3
OPENSOURCE = Yes
LANGUAGE = English
DESCRIPTION =
Tool for extracting HPK Archives, created for Imperium Romanum, but might work with newer games based on its engine as well.

VERSION = 0.1b
RELEASED = 28.12.2009
FILESIZE = 150 KB
DOWNLOAD = http://www.sendspace.com/file/n0vsej

------------------------
PS: I've made this tool back in 2008, it was released at Xentax under my older account, Demander, so if you want to check out original topic, here is link:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2955
------------------------

Edit, 10.5.2011: Recompiled version uploaded, infected version deleted. Sorry guys for the problem. :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Crypton on Tue May 10, 2011 1:03 am, edited 5 times in total.

Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Re: [PC] HPK Extractor

Post by Mr.Mouse » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:28 am

Nice ! :) You can also attach it to your post. It will preserve it, as these file sharing services tend to run out of time at some point. Max attachment size is 2 Mb.

asmxtx
veteran

Post by asmxtx » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:14 am

Isn't this a format by "Haemimont Games" compatible to "Glory of the Roman Empire"?
I think I started dealing with this almost one year ago, if I'm not wrong.

Crypton
advanced

Post by Crypton » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:43 am

asmxtx wrote:Isn't this a format by "Haemimont Games" compatible to "Glory of the Roman Empire"?
I think I started dealing with this almost one year ago, if I'm not wrong.
I don't know... but I know that when I was making this tool, there was no unpacker for Imperium Romanum's .hpk format, and it was March 2008 (look at original topic), and I heard that this tool works also for Emperor expansion, so its possible that it works also for "Glory of the Roman Empire" and other games based on it engine, if there is any.
:)

bacter
veteran

Post by bacter » Wed May 04, 2011 8:51 pm

WARNING!
The HPK extractor contains a Delphi virus, named Win32.Induc.A :-(

Crypton
advanced

Post by Crypton » Sun May 08, 2011 8:00 pm

bacter wrote:WARNING!
The HPK extractor contains a Delphi virus, named Win32.Induc.A :-(
It's a fake warning, which is caused by bug in Delphi compiler (I compiled it with Delphi 7), but the source codes are included, so you can recompile it by yourself, if you're paranoid about that. :roll:

XRaptor
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by XRaptor » Mon May 09, 2011 12:15 pm

Sorry mate, but it is NOT fake warning. This is NOT bug in Delphi. Check your SysConst.pas if it is infected or not. There is attached code in the end of file then it is compiled to SysConst.dcu and to every final Delphi program.

Crypton
advanced

Post by Crypton » Tue May 10, 2011 12:56 am

XRaptor wrote:Sorry mate, but it is NOT fake warning. This is NOT bug in Delphi. Check your SysConst.pas if it is infected or not. There is attached code in the end of file then it is compiled to SysConst.dcu and to every final Delphi program.
I just scanned everything with AVG and I don't have my system infected, everything is okay. But I've compiled that tool almost two years ago and I've reinstalled windows many times since that, so I can't confirm that my system wasn't infected.

But you're right, I just checked the HPKExtractor.exe and there is some malicious code injected. I found description of that virus: http://www.microsoft.com/security/porta ... %2FInduc.A

However the only thing that it does is that when executed, it search for file SysConst.dcu and inject same code, so it won't harm your windows, only Delphi installation, so if you don't have Delphi installed, you're safe. Also, the *virus* only attacks older versions of Delphi, i.e. Borland only, before CodeGear.

Anyway, I just recompiled HPKExtractor, using Delphi 2010, which is clean, but size of executable increased twice.

Sorry for the problem, I'll watch out next time.
Have a nice day.

P.S. Taky jsem Čech :D