Mad Max - Unpacking and Packing

Programs that are related to this or that game.
XpoZed
veteran

Mad Max - Unpacking and Packing

Post by XpoZed » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:14 pm

There's probably no one interested in the game anymore, but i'm starting that thread anyways.

I've wrote an Unpakke module that support both packing and unpacking for the .TAB and the SARC files (BL, CL, EE, FL and NL)

There's one pitfall, tho:

Some of the original archives (.TAB) has header section that I wasn't able to completely reverse engineer. Repacking these files will crash your game.
However, you can still build your own patches or DLC's so, that's at least something...

As most of you probably already know, the game uses checksum based file naming.
I was able to fish out ~45000 out of ~50000 file names with their complete file pathes, so you can *theoretically* unpack the whole game and play it without using the .TAB/.ARC files (didn't test it completely).

Lastly, i didn't checked if anyone in here already built such tool, so if this thread repeats another one, you can just delete it.

Overall, that's all.

You can find Unpakke and the Mad Max module here: http://www.nullsecurity.org/unpakke
Just make sure you read the readmies provided before asking questions.

And now, here's some stupid screenshots. :)

desperado
beginner

Re: Mad Max - Unpacking and Packing

Post by desperado » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:10 pm

Is it possible to translate this game with your unpakke module?

XpoZed
veteran

Post by XpoZed » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:11 am

desperado wrote:Is it possible to translate this game with your unpakke module?
It's possible to unpack and pack back the files. Still, you will have to figure out the texts format by yourself.

desperado
beginner

Post by desperado » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:51 pm

I'm extacting stuff of game0.arc & game0.tab in patch_win64 path to a folder named game0, than when i moved extracted files to patch_win64 path game doesn't work correctly. What should i do?

Also you said like that when i repack game0.arc & game0.tab size is decreases and game crashing.

XpoZed
veteran

Post by XpoZed » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:22 pm

desperado wrote:I'm extacting stuff of game0.arc & game0.tab in patch_win64 path to a folder named game0, than when i moved extracted files to patch_win64 path game doesn't work correctly. What should i do?

Also you said like that when i repack game0.arc & game0.tab size is decreases and game crashing.
Move the content of game0 directly to the "Mad Max" folder.

desperado
beginner

Post by desperado » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:43 pm

XpoZed wrote:
desperado wrote:I'm extacting stuff of game0.arc & game0.tab in patch_win64 path to a folder named game0, than when i moved extracted files to patch_win64 path game doesn't work correctly. What should i do?

Move the content of game0 directly to the "Mad Max" folder.
Can you fix this repacking thing if you try?

It still doesn't work correctly, i didn't figure it out :(

Can you make a briefing and write your way to do that like step 1, step 2, step 3 ?

trexjones
veteran

Post by trexjones » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:56 am

Sorry to sound stupid if I do, but I'm sort of getting my head around all this... I've managed to unpack the .tab/.arc files and have been given .bins. What should I be doing to open up these? Really keen to get my hands on the models and have a look through what's in there!

InKviZ
advanced

Post by InKviZ » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:04 pm

XpoZed wrote:
desperado wrote:Is it possible to translate this game with your unpakke module?
It's possible to unpack and pack back the files. Still, you will have to figure out the texts format by yourself.
Can you help me with packaging Archives game???
UALT - Ukrainian Localize Team.

CheekySparrow
ultra-n00b

Post by CheekySparrow » Thu May 03, 2018 12:46 pm

Hello XpoZed and thanks for this great tool. I'm trying to unpack the Mad Max files and Unpakke creates proper folder and file structure, however if I open any of the files in notepad++, all files are full of "NULLs". Am I doing something wrong? I put the Mad Max module (avalanche.umod and other files) inside the modules folder, updated the ini file, and also put ZLIB1.DLL inside libs folder.