Great Tools. After some tinkering, troubleshooting, and refreshing my brain on this stuff..I managed to extract absolutely everything from the game (Up to the latest update) as far as the models go, minus the textures. But I did learn how to read the fragmented files in order to reassemble them on the models inside 3DS MAX or Maya (much easier to re-texture).
Using the Evolution Engine unpack-er, you create (extract) the "H/B.Misc.cache/" folders separately from the Warframe directory, allowing you to have the "H.Misc" folder with the smaller files and the "B.Misc" with the larger. (This is how you import content into 3ds max with the importer tool).
Now you just follow this: (replace Inugami_skel.fbx with the actual file you're importing)
1. Load Warframe_Bones.ms
2. Point it to a H.misc.cache file like Inugami_skel.fbx
3. A new dialogue shows up, this time choose Inugami_skel.fbx in B.misc.cache
Bones will be loaded
4. Load Warframe_Online.ms
5. Point it to H.misc.cache file Inugami_skel.fbx
6. A new dialogue shows up, this time choose Inugami_skel.fbx in B.misc.cache
Model will be loaded above bones
If you also want sounds, use this: (Google the link, I'm just providing instructions)
Evolution engine sound convertor (for games like Warframe, Darkness II, Star Trek, Dark Sector...)
Tested with Darkness II, Star Trek, Warframe, but may work with all other games.
How to use it:
- Extract all sound files to separate folders with "EvolutionUnpack" tool.
- Choose the game from the dropdown list;
- Choose 3 misc audio folders: H, B, F, those named like H.Misc, e.t.c
- choose an new empty folder for extracted sound.
- Click "convert all".
- Choose 3 language audio folders (if present), those named like H.Misc_en (for english), or your language
- choose another folder for extracted sound if you wish.
- Click "convert all".
Most music files will be in WAV with plain PCM.
Most SFX files will be in WAV files with Microsoft ADPCM codec.
Most voice files will be in .XWMA format. You can play those if you have proper codecs installed, otherwise use xWMAEncode.exe to convert those to WAV.
- No progress bar. Just wait for the end message.
- No error handling! Be careful.
I can improve the tool later (add progress bar, error handling, support all games, etc) if there will be interest in this.
Once I finish my master collection and complete re-applying textures on the models I'll post the goodies online for the community The models will eventually be rigged ready to use for animations using the original bones from the game (just need to solve the issue about some bones not loading properly and staying in the place they were supposed to be in the first place. I do this as a fan and gain no money from any of this, just putting out there. I'm just trying to make some animations and give the community something we've all been asking for but noone has deemed able to deliver. I intend on making some action packed webisodes for WF so stay tuned.