Diablo/Diablo II savegames

Want to beat the game a cheater? Figure out Savegame file formats here.
Dinoguy1000
Site Admin

Diablo/Diablo II savegames

Post by Dinoguy1000 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:22 pm

There's actually quite a bit of documentation on these savegame formats "out there" on the Internet, but I've never seen anyone trying to assemble it all into a comprehensive guide to the various versions, and the quality of the documentation seems to vary widely depending on where you look. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to do much with it for lack of a Good Enuf Computer and sufficient time, but I'd like to get a page started on the wiki - however, I'm not sure how best to handle the different versions (there are some pretty radical changes between some versions).

For now, simply assembling a list of links to external documentation and tools is probably what I'm looking for.
Welcome to Xentax!

Rules | Requests | Wiki

If you run across a post that breaks the rules, please PM Craptain, Mr.Mouse, or myself - we will handle it from there.

Rayved
beginner

Re: Diablo/Diablo II savegames

Post by Rayved » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:28 pm

Not sure if this would help you with your research but it's a save editor for Diablo 2.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/15784/Ja ... Editor_3_0

I used to get all my stuff at www.d2tradingpost.com but the website seems closed now. I bet all the info was there. There used to be customized items you could download too. Maybe some info can still be found around but I tried archive.org but it can't find D2tradingpost. All the fan websites dedicated to Diablo 2 modding seem to be gone it's weird.
If you can't hack it, it's boring.

Dinoguy1000
Site Admin

Re: Diablo/Diablo II savegames

Post by Dinoguy1000 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:26 am

Yeah, I did some research on this years ago and saved a few pages offline; I've still got them somewhere, but if various fansites are gone with no backups, that's a major setback. =(
Welcome to Xentax!

Rules | Requests | Wiki

If you run across a post that breaks the rules, please PM Craptain, Mr.Mouse, or myself - we will handle it from there.