READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

[Mobile]KHUx Save Extractor

Want to beat the game a cheater? Figure out Savegame file formats here.
thethiny
beginner
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:57 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 5 times

[Mobile]KHUx Save Extractor

Post by thethiny » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:13 pm

PS: YOU CAN MOD YOUR SAVE WITH THIS, BUT YOU NEED FURTHER MODIFICATION TO THE TOOLS.

Okay so I've created a SaveFile Extractor. You grab your "Cocos2dxPrefsFile.xml" from your device and place it with the tool, then you run it and the tool will convert the save into a decoded BGAD file. (There are other tools to extract each BGAD alone as well).

Note that you can't modify the save and repack it with this tool, as to what I've understood that it's against the rules of this site.

You will need khuxdecrypt. Link to the tool on my GitHub Here.

User avatar
Rhaes
n00b
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:19 am
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: [Mobile]KHUx Save Extractor

Post by Rhaes » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:09 pm

This is probably unlikely but...is it possible to extract the assets of the game with this tool? If this is in fact capable of extracting the assets, is having a rooted device the only way to get the file "Cocos2dxPrefsFile.xml"?
Last edited by Rhaes on Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thethiny
beginner
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:57 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: [Mobile]KHUx Save Extractor

Post by thethiny » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:17 pm

Rhaes wrote:This is probably unlikely but...is it possible to extract the assets of the game with this tool? If so, is having a rooted device the only way to get the file "Cocos2dxPrefsFile.xml"?
Which asset exactly? This tool can extract your save, if you want to get the medals and the scripts of the game you need to get the M and R files and use KHUx decrypt.

User avatar
Rhaes
n00b
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:19 am
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: [Mobile]KHUx Save Extractor

Post by Rhaes » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:36 pm

thethiny wrote:
Rhaes wrote:This is probably unlikely but...is it possible to extract the assets of the game with this tool? If so, is having a rooted device the only way to get the file "Cocos2dxPrefsFile.xml"?
Which asset exactly? This tool can extract your save, if you want to get the medals and the scripts of the game you need to get the M and R files and use KHUx decrypt.
Oh, sorry about that. I was in a hurry there. :lol: I am interested in collecting all of the avatar parts, medal icons (the actual pictures), background images, keyblade images etc etc. Basically, stuff like this:

Image

Is this at all possible?

thethiny
beginner
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:57 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: [Mobile]KHUx Save Extractor

Post by thethiny » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:14 pm

Rhaes wrote:
thethiny wrote:
Rhaes wrote:This is probably unlikely but...is it possible to extract the assets of the game with this tool? If so, is having a rooted device the only way to get the file "Cocos2dxPrefsFile.xml"?
Which asset exactly? This tool can extract your save, if you want to get the medals and the scripts of the game you need to get the M and R files and use KHUx decrypt.
Oh, sorry about that. I was in a hurry there. :lol: I am interested in collecting all of the avatar parts, medal icons (the actual pictures), background images, keyblade images etc etc. Basically, stuff like this:

Image

Is this at all possible?
Yes, use KHUx decrypt on your misc.mp4 file (found in the games folder under files) and then use the tool in my github called PNG2BMP.

User avatar
Rhaes
n00b
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:19 am
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: [Mobile]KHUx Save Extractor

Post by Rhaes » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:32 pm

thethiny wrote: Yes, use KHUx decrypt on your misc.mp4 file (found in the games folder under files) and then use the tool in my github called PNG2BMP.
Thanks! I found the file exactly where you said it would be. :)

May I ask how to use the KHUx Decrypt on the misc.mp4 file though? I thought perhaps having it in the directory with the .exe might have done it (sorta like PS2 patching), but the command prompt only appears for a second before closing without any results.

thethiny
beginner
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:57 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: [Mobile]KHUx Save Extractor

Post by thethiny » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:10 pm

You open a CMD on that place and use this syntax
KHUxdecrypt File Output

User avatar
Rhaes
n00b
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:19 am
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: [Mobile]KHUx Save Extractor

Post by Rhaes » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:48 pm

thethiny wrote:You open a CMD on that place and use this syntax
KHUxdecrypt File Output
It was just like using the terminal in Linux, which is to say easy. It all worked out! I've got my files (just gotta sort through 'em now), so thank you so much! I would have had to manually edit out screenshots if not for this extractor! :P

thethiny
beginner
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:57 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: [Mobile]KHUx Save Extractor

Post by thethiny » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:56 pm

Rhaes wrote:
thethiny wrote:You open a CMD on that place and use this syntax
KHUxdecrypt File Output
It was just like using the terminal in Linux, which is to say easy. It all worked out! I've got my files (just gotta sort through 'em now), so thank you so much! I would have had to manually edit out screenshots if not for this extractor! :P
MP4 files are a BGAD structure, they contain all the files. PNG files can be BGAD listings of their MP4 counterparts or a BMP image.
I'm unsure what the gif contains but the M folder contains the scripts.

User avatar
Rhaes
n00b
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:19 am
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: [Mobile]KHUx Save Extractor

Post by Rhaes » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:39 pm

Hmm. How would one going about trying to open the .gif file? I'd be interested in learning what methods might work or set me towards the right path.

Oh, and I finished sorting through the massive dump of images, but a good chunk of them seem to be corrupted or too big (it reports). Could this be due to the specific file I used?

thethiny
beginner
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:57 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: [Mobile]KHUx Save Extractor

Post by thethiny » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:05 pm

Rhaes wrote:Hmm. How would one going about trying to open the .gif file? I'd be interested in learning what methods might work or set me towards the right path.

Oh, and I finished sorting through the massive dump of images, but a good chunk of them seem to be corrupted or too big (it reports). Could this be due to the specific file I used?
I never encountered too big files. Some images aren't corrupted, they're simply 4 bit PNGs, my tool handles only 0x20 Bits. You can open hex and in the first few bytes replace 2p with 04. But they're mostly useless files.
Open the gif the same way you open the misc.

User avatar
Rhaes
n00b
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:19 am
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: [Mobile]KHUx Save Extractor

Post by Rhaes » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:56 pm

thethiny wrote:
Rhaes wrote:Hmm. How would one going about trying to open the .gif file? I'd be interested in learning what methods might work or set me towards the right path.

Oh, and I finished sorting through the massive dump of images, but a good chunk of them seem to be corrupted or too big (it reports). Could this be due to the specific file I used?
I never encountered too big files. Some images aren't corrupted, they're simply 4 bit PNGs, my tool handles only 0x20 Bits. You can open hex and in the first few bytes replace 2p with 04. But they're mostly useless files.
Open the gif the same way you open the misc.
What if there is no 2p (though I am seeing 42 4D in them all via HxD)? I guess if they are useless I don't need to access them. :mrgreen:

Ah! I ran it and they seem to be scripts or something too. The jpgs seem to be useless for me, as well. Well, my interest was met regardless! Thanks for answering my questions and helping me out. I appreciate it. :keke:

thethiny
beginner
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:57 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: [Mobile]KHUx Save Extractor

Post by thethiny » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:58 pm

20** note 2P, autocorrect.

Anyways I'm glad to help ^_^ you can always ask me!

User avatar
Rhaes
n00b
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:19 am
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: [Mobile]KHUx Save Extractor

Post by Rhaes » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:38 pm

thethiny wrote:20** note 2P, autocorrect.

Anyways I'm glad to help ^_^ you can always ask me!
Oh! I hate autocorrect sometimes.

I'll try it again tonight. When I make the corrections to the file though, what is next? I extract them after the changes with khuxdecrypt, right?
Last edited by Rhaes on Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

thethiny
beginner
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:57 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: [Mobile]KHUx Save Extractor

Post by thethiny » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:49 pm

Rhaes wrote:
thethiny wrote:20** note 2P, autocorrect.

Anyways I'm glad to help ^_^ you can always ask me!
Oh! I hate autocorrect sometimes.

I'll try it again tonight. When I make the corrections to the file though, what is next? I extract them after the changes with khuxdecrypt, right?
What do you mean by corrections?

Post Reply