READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Sanae3D - 3D format converter

Read or post any tutorial related to file format analysis for modding purposes.
finale00
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Re: [Tutorial] Sanae - 3D format converter

Post by finale00 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:46 pm

Alright, with some help from blenderartists.org I managed to get the plugin system working for blender 2.5x as well.

Now that the plugin system can register Sanae3D in both 2.49 and 2.5x, I still have to make some decisions

Do I write separate import functions (for 2.49 and 2.5x), and somehow determine which version of blender the user is using?

I also had to suck it up and change all the import statements to reference "Sanae3D.lib" rather than "..lib" because for some reason I can't get the .. method working. This means it actually depends on the directory structure now, but I don't think I will be changing it anymore.

As of now, all plugins I've written that is loaded through Sanae.py (and not blender) can simply be dropped into the plugins folder in the blender directory and loaded as well, so no need to develop multiple sets of the same script.

For blender 2.49, it is still under development, so if it doesn't load everything that you expect, that's because I didn't do it yet (ie: textures)

It is available in my MF folder if anyone wants to try it out. I've included some updated plugins, though you might not have any samples for them.

usabdt
advanced

Re: Sanae3D - 3D format converter

Post by usabdt » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:15 am

Let me ask what is this error ??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Re: Sanae3D - 3D format converter

Post by shakotay2 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:20 pm

Please use forum search:
finale00 wrote:
Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:49 pm
It looks like you have an old version of the library. Especially that engine.py thing I don't even remember what that is. And it looks like it's using python2 syntax, so presumably that is the one that I was using when I first started with metaseq conversion.

The latest version just has a single sanae.py file inside the Sanae3D folder and is written to use Noesis API.
Bigchillghost, Reverse Engineering a Game Model: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
extracting simple models: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
Make_H2O-ForzaHor3-jm9.zip
"You quoted the whole thing, what a mess."