Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Quick BMS Editor GUI + Tools

Read or post any tutorial related to file format analysis for modding purposes.
thediabl0
ultra-n00b

Re: Quick BMS Editor GUI + Tools

Post by thediabl0 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:58 am

Hi, how can import files to .dlc? I mean, how can I create a file .dlc? I use the file reimport.bat include in version 0.8.0, but no work or I don't know how working it:

And, is possible now open i3d which contains the files .dlc of Farming Simulator?

Thanks!

Faqew
advanced

Post by Faqew » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:51 pm

Hi there,

haven't been here for such a long time (YEARS...)
I'm really interested in extracting the game's music files, since no official soundtrack exists.
I can provide samples of the .pack files inside the common\Wolfenstein.II.The.New.Colossus\base\sound\soundbanks\pc folder.
I barely remember a program in here that let you gather the necessary file information from the beginning, middle and end of the file, so that you don't have to upload hundreds of megabytes. What was the program's name? I'll upload file samples if you tell me the name of it again. :)

piratesephiroth
beginner

Post by piratesephiroth » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:41 am

I wanted to write a little script today so I came back here to get this tool.
There was a little syntax highlighting problem with it but not only the author didn't leave any source code but also slapped an obfuscator on it.

So I ran it through de4dot, modified a bit with dnspy and also added missing keywords to the ini file (and removed the many duplicates).
Also fixed the highlighting of multiline comments

https://pirate.s-ul.eu/ywQPYRNj.zip
Last edited by piratesephiroth on Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.

michalss

Post by michalss » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:00 pm

piratesephiroth wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:41 am
I wanted to write a little script today so I came back here to get this tool.
There was a little syntax highlighting problem with it but not only the author didn't leave any source code but also slapped an obfuscator on it.

So I ran it through de4dot, modified a bit with dnspy and also added the missing keywords to the ini file (and removed the many duplicates).

https://pirate.s-ul.eu/ptMKY5Pj.zip
This is my application, i left it coz i dont have time to manage it anymore. If you would just ask me i would give you a source code, this is wrong way to to do such a modification. There was never my attention to do any obfuscation on it as to help ppl. Next time ask before you gonna mod someone else application.
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/

michalss

Post by michalss » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:06 pm

I will release a source as well when i have a time...
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/

piratesephiroth
beginner

Post by piratesephiroth » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:59 am

michalss wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:00 pm

This is my application, i left it coz i dont have time to manage it anymore. If you would just ask me i would give you a source code, this is wrong way to to do such a modification. There was never my attention to do any obfuscation on it as to help ppl. Next time ask before you gonna mod someone else application.
Nah, I didn't do anything wrong at all. It's publicly available, free and looked abandoned.
Plus I didn't put my name anywhere to claim that I made it. I even include your original exe in the archive.
It's still your software, I just edited it a little to fix small bugs. Also your last version was from 2012, I didn't even bother asking because I didn't think you still remembered this, let alone still had the source code.

Also I suppose you applied the Crypto obfuscator because you wanted to do it. I don't think it's something automatic or accidental....
(unless your IDE was somehow set to use it on all projects)

Yeah releasing the source on github or something would be cool too. I'm sure other people can improve it even more.