Extracting simple models

Read or post any tutorial related to file format analysis for modding purposes.
Beedy
beginner

Re: Extracting simple models

Post by Beedy » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:32 pm

shakotay2 wrote: It's possible but there's three reasons why this option will not be added:
1) hex2obj is looked upon to be finished more or less
2) Modelresearcher should do the trick, iirc

3) hex2obj is intended to do a first approach only on a format, i.e. convert one sample to obj
Then you should apply your found parameters to the make_obj project which comes with C-source:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=15955

(You'll need to do some pattern search for example to find counts and start addresses automatically then.)
Okay, I understand. Thanks anyway, H2O has helped me a lot to understand the structure of my model. :)

sfc123
n00b

Post by sfc123 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:53 pm

Tosyk wrote:My only point was: better UI can give better understanding for the beginners, simple as that. This claim is not from nowhere — because of my professional expirience.

p.s.: the fact that you "can" and "have to" learn ANY tool to get what you want is something beyond "usability" terms and doubtlessly but with the approach like this you can also say "draw models yourself".
p.s.: once again: I'm not trying to argue, guys, I'm just saying that ui of h2o could be much more better :]

well done;

shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:43 pm

sfc123 wrote:
Tosyk wrote:My only point was: better UI can give better understanding for the beginners, simple as that. This claim is not from nowhere — because of my professional expirience.

p.s.: the fact that you "can" and "have to" learn ANY tool to get what you want is something beyond "usability" terms and doubtlessly but with the approach like this you can also say "draw models yourself".
p.s.: once again: I'm not trying to argue, guys, I'm just saying that ui of h2o could be much more better :]

well done;
Use hex2obj or let it be. :)
From my side the discussion is finished like hex2obj. :roll:

If you know how to code you could use the C source in my Make_obj project as a starting point.
Feel free to introduce all features you're missing in hex2obj. :D

Or you could use ModelResearcher.
Bigchillghost, Reverse Engineering a Game Model: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
extracting simple models: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
Make_H2O-ForzaHor3-jm9.zip
"You quoted the whole thing, what a mess."