Wiki button + ongoing maintenence

Read rules and news about the XeNTaX Game Discussion Forum
mgrandi
n00b

Wiki button + ongoing maintenence

Post by mgrandi » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:51 pm

I noticed that the wiki has been put back up, awesome!

However i find it very disturbing that you guys were that quick to remove a wiki that has been up since like 2008 (maybe longer) for the 'illegal files' thing. I mean, its a wiki. Its 99% text, you can just disable file uploads and then you would be fine

So, now that its back up, can the link/button be added back (next to forum/tools/home)? If you remove the link then google is no longer going to index it and the ratings will drop. It just feels that the wiki is not being taken seriously , with the registration bug that was a thing for a year, it being taken down...is there actually an interest in maintaining this wiki or does it need to be moved somewhere else?

Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Re: Wiki button + ongoing maintenence

Post by Mr.Mouse » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:54 pm

Hi. granted. The wiki was under supervision of Dinoguy1000 for a long time and he certainly dedicated his time to it. But he has not that much time no more. So we are looking for new people to maintain it properly. It's not like we don't want to, we value it very much. But it is also not that updated often by people out there (regardless of the registration glitch, and now we are facing spammers again, that needs a dedicated admin to battle).

If you know of anyone to chip in and join the team to handle the wiki side, let us know.

cxt
ultra-n00b

Re: Wiki button + ongoing maintenence

Post by cxt » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:56 pm

Wiki drowned in spam now.
Is it possible to add kCaptcha or reCaptcha?

I ask Dinoguy1000 about it back in 2012 and he says:
Unfortunately, I can't currently do anything about the captcha used (I do agree, though, something needs to be done). We're waiting for word back from XeNTaX's host on the technical issue preventing this.
Is it solved now?