READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Modding Results

The Off-Topic Forum - Anything goes! As long as it's legal(ish). Things that made you scream "Holy Cow!"
User avatar
Bogey
advanced
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:21 pm
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Modding Results

Post by Bogey » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:13 am

Mr.Mouse wrote:Cool... I've fixed the email issue I think.
:D
The attachment downloads work great, but I still don't see an Email option for you.

I also changed my board prefs to allow other members to contact me via Email, but I thought a button would appear at the bottom of each of my posts for Email, like the PM button does. :?
Bill

Zench
VIP member
VIP member
Posts: 209
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 9:11 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 53 times
Contact:

Re: Modding Results

Post by Zench » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:57 am

Would you like a newspost?
And I said, "The well has finally run dry." So then that will be my battle cry.

User avatar
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 6:45 pm
Location: Dungeons of Doom
Has thanked: 412 times
Been thanked: 561 times
Contact:

Re: Modding Results

Post by Mr.Mouse » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:09 am

Yeah, nice idea! ;)

Zench
VIP member
VIP member
Posts: 209
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 9:11 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 53 times
Contact:

Re: Modding Results

Post by Zench » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:06 am

Here it is. 8)

Thanks for the posted readme, Bogey. I don't think I would have figured it out without that.
And I said, "The well has finally run dry." So then that will be my battle cry.

User avatar
Bogey
advanced
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:21 pm
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Modding Results

Post by Bogey » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:27 am

Zench wrote:Here it is. 8)

Thanks for the posted readme, Bogey. I don't think I would have figured it out without that.
Thanks for the newspost, guys!

Sure would love to try modding GTR Evolution if I could get file support for it. :)
Bill

User avatar
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 6:45 pm
Location: Dungeons of Doom
Has thanked: 412 times
Been thanked: 561 times
Contact:

Re: Modding Results

Post by Mr.Mouse » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:02 pm

Nice work, Zench! :)

I can look into that Revolution you asked for, Bogey, however, it's the Steam format I think. Let me check.

User avatar
Bogey
advanced
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:21 pm
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Modding Results

Post by Bogey » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:08 pm

Mr.Mouse wrote:Nice work, Zench! :)

I can look into that Revolution you asked for, Bogey, however, it's the Steam format I think. Let me check.
All I know is that they are .GCF files. I can send you one of the smaller files, if you need it.

Thanks, Mr. Mouse, I appreciate it.
Bill

Clint Rutjes
Banned
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:39 pm

Re: Modding Results

Post by Clint Rutjes » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:39 pm

Bogey, where's the credit for other people's work? For example:
Bogey wrote: * Eliminates the ridiculous kiddy filter from the game's chat window. The list of filtered words is long and quite funny, at times. So, no more AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA's when trying to chat with your online buddies.
I believe I made that. :constipated:

User avatar
Bogey
advanced
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:21 pm
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Modding Results

Post by Bogey » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:38 am

Clint Rutjes wrote:Bogey, where's the credit for other people's work? For example:
Bogey wrote: * Eliminates the ridiculous kiddy filter from the game's chat window. The list of filtered words is long and quite funny, at times. So, no more AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA's when trying to chat with your online buddies.
I believe I made that. :constipated:
Clint did make a mod that achieved this, but I hardly copied yours. It's not exactly rocket science to delete all the filtered words from a text file and repack it. No offense.

I also made a mod that added back all the factory hidden bikes, as you did, but I didn't copy your code. I didn't release that one as it crashes the game during online play, as you already know.

Where's the credit for all the ripoff mods made with my hard work on Caffeine? Tea 2 Sugers and Turbine come immediately to mind. Both of those are direct ripoffs of my EXACT code with very minor changes. Hell, the little shits that made those weren't even smart enough to rename the mod or take out my comments! I'm not saying that you made either of those mods, Clint.

Also, Clint, considering all the bullshit you allowed to take place at MGF, I hardly am in the mood for any bullshit from you here on this site. Here's a laxative for your constipation and you're lucky you didn't have a lawsuit on your hands.
Bill

Clint Rutjes
Banned
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:39 pm

Re: Modding Results

Post by Clint Rutjes » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:14 am

It's not just about the word filter removal. Some of your other 'tweaks' have been made by others before aswell. Even if you didn't just copy/paste the stuff you still took other's work in a way. The fireworks tweak has been done by RaceX, the random gate time has been done, can't remember who did that, might be RaceX aswell, it wasn't you tho.
Bogey wrote:Also, Clint, considering all the bullshit you allowed to take place at MGF, I hardly am in the mood for any bullshit from you here on this site. Here's a laxative for your constipation and you're lucky you didn't have a lawsuit on your hands.
You still crack me up with that lawsuit nonsense. :mrgreen: Thanks for that, it's allways nice to hear a good joke. :)

User avatar
Bogey
advanced
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:21 pm
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Modding Results

Post by Bogey » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:58 am

Clint Rutjes wrote:It's not just about the word filter removal. Some of your other 'tweaks' have been made by others before aswell. Even if you didn't just copy/paste the stuff you still took other's work in a way. The fireworks tweak has been done by RaceX, the random gate time has been done, can't remember who did that, might be RaceX aswell, it wasn't you tho.
You are a joke, Clint. Now go back to your hacked web site that you weren't bright enough to backup.

So, let me get this straight, every person who writes any mods/code for a computer must first search out the entire history of every program that was ever written before, no matter how obscure, and then write a credit listing of thousands/millions of names thanking them and acknowledging their previous work. I guess Bill Gates should thank Xerox PARC for stealing the whole GUI/mouse thing, eh? You are more of an imbecile than I first thought. Have you ever heard of the concept of independent thinking/ideas?

Also, why don't you just admit that you are another of the many juvenile dolts that frequent your web site and hate my awesome mods (Caffeine I, II, III) that was downloaded THOUSANDS of times. Ask around and see which mod is more well known in the MvA community (like it or hate it): Caffeine or SIM/EP.

Also, not that you deserve any explanation, Mr. Mouse asked what mods I had made with the wonderful MiltiEX Commander utility and I told him. HE offered to host Caffeine and Tweaks here and another member offered to write that front page bit. Jealousy gets you no where, Clint.
Bogey wrote:Also, Clint, considering all the bullshit you allowed to take place at MGF, I hardly am in the mood for any bullshit from you here on this site. Here's a laxative for your constipation and you're lucky you didn't have a lawsuit on your hands.

You still crack me up with that lawsuit nonsense. :mrgreen: Thanks for that, it's always nice to hear a good joke. :)
Really? So, allowing an admin of your web site (I know it was an inside job) to make posts under my account stating that I am a pedophile is a laughing matter to you? Then you allow them to ban my account for 5 months (which was quickly reversed) because I was making posts about being a pedophile. Do you really think I couldn't have sued the shit out of you for allowing it to remain posted until I pointed it out? You'd better check into the law if you are going to continue pretending to be a web site admin.

Run away now, so I don't have to air anymore of your dirty laundry on this site. I didn't ask you to come here and start garbage with me.
Bill

Clint Rutjes
Banned
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:39 pm

Re: Modding Results

Post by Clint Rutjes » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:28 am

Bogey wrote:
Clint Rutjes wrote:Really? So, allowing an admin of your web site (I know it was an inside job) to make posts under my account stating that I am a pedophile is a laughing matter to you? Then you allow them to ban my account for 5 months (which was quickly reversed) because I was making posts about being a pedophile. Do you really think I couldn't have sued the shit out of you for allowing it to remain posted until I pointed it out? You'd better check into the law if you are going to continue pretending to be a web site admin.

Run away now, so I don't have to air anymore of your dirty laundry on this site. I didn't ask you to come here and start garbage with me.
If you are so sure it was an inside job then please prove it because I have checked all moderator and admin logs and I am 100% sure it was not an inside job. Maybe you just chose an easy to come up password and some random f*ckup got figured it out to get in your account? I wouldn't be too suprised if you did it yourself tough.

And next time, tough it did made me laugh, please don't come with empty threats.

User avatar
Bogey
advanced
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:21 pm
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Modding Results

Post by Bogey » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:45 am

Clint Rutjes wrote:
Bogey wrote:
Clint Rutjes wrote:Really? So, allowing an admin of your web site (I know it was an inside job) to make posts under my account stating that I am a pedophile is a laughing matter to you? Then you allow them to ban my account for 5 months (which was quickly reversed) because I was making posts about being a pedophile. Do you really think I couldn't have sued the shit out of you for allowing it to remain posted until I pointed it out? You'd better check into the law if you are going to continue pretending to be a web site admin.

Run away now, so I don't have to air anymore of your dirty laundry on this site. I didn't ask you to come here and start garbage with me.
If you are so sure it was an inside job then please prove it because I have checked all moderator and admin logs and I am 100% sure it was not an inside job. Maybe you just chose an easy to come up password and some random f*ckup got figured it out to get in your account? I wouldn't be too suprised if you did it yourself tough.

And next time, tough it did made me laugh, please don't come with empty threats.
Yeah, I posted the stuff myself. What a mental midget you are. What possible motivation would I have to make derogatory (look that word up, Clit <- not a typo) about myself? I remember you basically accusing me of just that in an Email. Speaking of Emails, you and your other representative from MGF were mighty humble in those Emails -- you're rather brave now, eh?

I see your whole argument as to crediting other people's work was shot down with ease -- you don't stand a chance debating me on any subject, Clit.

Here's another for your tiny mind to contemplate... Many modders make custom weapons and scopes etc. for FPS games -- by your logic, should they all credit everyone who has ever programmed a similar weapon or a SCOPE? Why don't we start back in the Pong days and work our way forward... Hell, there's probably only about a million programmers that need to be credited in EVERY GAME PRODUCED going forward. LOL, you fool.

This subject is closed AFAIC, go back to your hacked and rundown site where you allow prepubescent boys to run wild with filthy language and insults. I see the same thing is happening at your site AGAIN and MessiaH has some posts concerning the conduct of your members. Maybe if you'd have an age cutoff of 21 or so you might cut down on the trash, the only problem is that that would eliminate you! Either that or learn how to moderate a site. I recall MGF being overrun my porn ads for the longest time -- great work. Please don't lecture me on the work involved in moderating and operating a site. I know what's involved and you've done a sub par job.

As they say in the U.K., piss off Clit.
Bill

Clint Rutjes
Banned
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:39 pm

Re: Modding Results

Post by Clint Rutjes » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:40 pm

Why would you abuse your own account? To get attention, to be able to threaten with lawsuits, etc. I've seen that shit before.

My argument hasn't been shot down as you say, you just don't understand the point. Just give it some more tought and maybe you'll realize it's people like you that ruined the community. People like you chased away some of the best modders the community had. This goes all the way back to the MCM1 days.

Obvisously you do not know what's involved in moderating and operating a site.

Oh and the clit thing, very original! It shows what level you're on.

User avatar
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 6:45 pm
Location: Dungeons of Doom
Has thanked: 412 times
Been thanked: 561 times
Contact:

Re: Modding Results

Post by Mr.Mouse » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:39 pm

The user Clint Rutjes has been banned for reason of trolling and hijacking a thread to start a personal fight with one of the members.

Post Reply