Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Let's discuss the awareness of...

The Off-Topic Forum - Anything goes! As long as it's legal(ish). Things that made you scream "Holy Cow!"
HijackTheRipper
n00b

Let's discuss the awareness of...

Post by HijackTheRipper » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:24 pm

...users like me [roll]
Is it the usually forum politic to ignore posts from users which are not that pro in file forensic analysis and extraction
or is it just me (invisiable for everyone because I'm a ghost) ?

Dinoguy1000
Site Admin

Re: Let's discuss the awareness of...

Post by Dinoguy1000 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:51 pm

Everyone here is a volunteer, which means that (broadly speaking) people work on stuff that interests them. By extension, no one is obligated to work on things you ask about; I have topics from over a decade ago that never got replies for example. This doesn't mean people have any sort of grudge or vendetta against you, it just means no one who's seen one of your topics yet was interested enough to look deeper. It's also definitely not because you're ghosted or whatever (phpBB doesn't even have that type of feature, all we can do is block you or delete your account).
Welcome to Xentax!

Rules | Requests | Wiki | Discord

If you run across a post that breaks the rules, please report the post - a mod or admin will handle it from there.

HijackTheRipper
n00b

Re: Let's discuss the awareness of...

Post by HijackTheRipper » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:24 pm

It's certainly a first I was entcountering an admin, you know what that make me look like right? :insert:attention_whore_emoji:

Thank you for enlightening me :) Now I'm able to understand the motivation of the peoples. I didn't took it personal after all, just had in mind it could be motivating as a challenge to the forensic data analysts here to get in touch with exotic/undocumented file formats or barely the intention to help someone who have not enaugh skills like me. But now I know how it goes :ninja:

I knew there is no such a feature since we are not on fakebook or insta..whatever, thank you anyways :)