READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

FF XIII subtitles extraction

Read or post about compression. And decompression. Or ask questions how to decompress your files.
Animus777
ultra-n00b

FF XIII subtitles extraction

Post by Animus777 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:50 pm

Using Quickbms I've managed to extract resources from Final Fantasy 13 (ps3 version) There are: imgb, trb, xwb, wdb, grs, xgr, scd, wpd, xfv, ztr files. I want to translate this game but cant find where subtitles for cutscenes stored. Any help?

Psientist
ultra-n00b

Re: FF XIII subtitles extraction

Post by Psientist » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:41 pm

I'm sorry to ask but how did you manage to extract from the ps3 version?

I tried using the QuickBMS script from Alumi's that stated (*.ps3.bin) support but all i get is a "error in /srs/quickbms.c line 1424: myfopen" "error no such file or directory"

Then I tried making a copy of [target file] so that I had one named filelist_* and one named white_* but then it gave me the error ""error in /srs/quickbms.c line 9468: myalloc" "error not enough space"
And I know HDD space isn't the problem since the disk still have 1.5TB free.
This was with 64-bit version.
32-bit version gave me "error the requested amount of bytes to allocate is negative [huge negative number here]"

So please how did you do it? I read the entire viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4069&hilit=texture ... &start=150 but they only mentioned how easy it was to rip from the xbox version :p So I'm getting the xbox version now but I'm guessing PS3 have higher quality textures?

MELKIY
ultra-n00b

Post by MELKIY » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:17 pm

Maybe all the same does anyone know which files store text, and how to extraction?

weirdalsuperfan
ultra-n00b

Post by weirdalsuperfan » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:56 pm

Bump. I'm assuming OP used this for the extraction: http://aluigi.altervista.org/bms/ff13.bms

Anyone know how to do this for the Steam version, and/or which files contain Japanese subs?