Help with Atelier Iris

Read or post about compression. And decompression. Or ask questions how to decompress your files.
VincentValentine
ultra-n00b

Help with Atelier Iris

Post by VincentValentine » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:00 am

Hello.
I'm trying to extract all files are in RPK.BIN of Atelier Iris game to translate this game to Spanish language. I using rpkextract.rb of Ar Tonelico 2, but i didn't extract any file. The problem are the offset of the RPK.BIN, because i dont find the offset of the files to extract. I need help for this.

PD: Sorry for my english, I undertand very well, but i dont write correctly in english.

snakemeat
advanced

Re: Help with Atelier Iris

Post by snakemeat » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:09 am

From RPK files I have seen, the offset records are in the PS2 executable file. Each record is 0xC bytes in length with a format like:
0x00 - 0x03: Unknown
0x04 - 0x07: Offset/0x800
0x08 - 0x0B: Size

So find some known file types and search by offset or length values to find the table.

VincentValentine
ultra-n00b

Post by VincentValentine » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:52 pm

When you are saying to find the table, the table is the list of files are in the RPK.BIN?. Because I find in SLUS_211.13 directory of al files are in RPK.BIN (see image)http://img546.imageshack.us/i/atelieriris.jpg. But the rpkextract.rb have 2 variables:
names_a
entries_a
In "names_a" I write 00B528D0, the offset is the are mark on the image post before, but in the entries_a i dont have idea where write. I have Ar Tonelico 2, and I see the numbers they have in the original rpkextract.rb, but i dont see anything. Sorry for everething, but I'm a noob in this world, and I'm learning slowly with practice and reading many information.

ikskoks
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by ikskoks » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:27 pm

I using rpkextract.rb of Ar Tonelico 2
@VincentValentine, can you upload rpkextract.rb file? I need it for someone.