READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Unknown graphic and music file format

Read or post about compression. And decompression. Or ask questions how to decompress your files.
Doctor Loboto
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Unknown graphic and music file format

Post by Doctor Loboto » Tue May 11, 2010 2:09 pm

Hello folks. As you may know, we've had a slight breakthrough in reverse-engineering the Multimedia Fusion WGM files. Unfortunately, though we have extracted all contained in them, it only leads to further unknown files (Without even an extension!). It's become somewhat vital to me that I get the graphics out of these files and I hope to do it soon. I was hoping someone could have a look at these mysterious files and tell me what to do with them so I can extract the graphics (and possibly music). Looking over these with a hex editor I notice a lot of WAV files within them, but the larger files I assume are graphics.
Someone please take a look at the 'ins' files included in these folders and tell me if the graphics are salvagable.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/8mziys

Strobe

Re: Unknown graphic and music file format

Post by Strobe » Sun May 16, 2010 8:28 am

The files in the LOP folder are mainly ImpulseTracker files with altered header, the INS files contains the samples for Impulse files,
so what this is, is the files without extension are songdata, the INS files contains the Samples for the Songdata. im trying to join them together and see if i can create
a normal output.

Doctor Loboto
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Unknown graphic and music file format

Post by Doctor Loboto » Mon May 17, 2010 11:41 pm

Thank you for the help. I was wondering about these files. Unfortunately, they're obviously not graphics files, which are what I need most. I'll have to explore the actual EXE files...