Did you know? Xentax started the Unepic SID Channel, that brings the latest music composed for the SID chip! Support us by listening and subscribing! Over 50.000 songs already there!

Revue Starlight Re LIVE - PVR file (possibly encrypted)

Read or post about compression. And decompression. Or ask questions how to decompress your files.
iHaveQuestions
ultra-n00b

Revue Starlight Re LIVE - PVR file (possibly encrypted)

Post by iHaveQuestions » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:13 pm

Hello! It's my first time posting here, I'm not really sure if my question would fit here or under Code Talk better.

I managed to extract some PVR files from an Android game, but I can't open some of them with TexturePacker. After a bit of work, I realized that some of them are actually PVR.GZ files (but missing the GZ extension), and that I needed to extract the PVR file inside first.

However, for some files, this method did not work. I suspect they're encrypted, because opening the file shows that they have some sort of footer with "CRPT" in the last 8 bytes. I've tried looking into this, but I'm afraid with little knowledge, I can't get related search results on google.

Can anybody help me figure out my next step in trying to open these files? I realize that if they ARE encrypted, I'm going to need a key, but I would at least want to know what kind of encryption was used in the first place - or if they're not encrypted, what's the correct file extension/format.

I've attached 4 examples of the "encrypted" files:
encrypted.zip
Hoping someone could help me with this, thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chrrox

Re: Help in figuring out PVR file (possibly encrypted)

Post by chrrox » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:30 pm

what is the game?

iHaveQuestions
ultra-n00b

Re: Help in figuring out PVR file (possibly encrypted)

Post by iHaveQuestions » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:35 pm

The game is Revue Starlight Re LIVE.

Anonsbelle
ultra-n00b

Re: Revue Starlight Re LIVE - PVR file (possibly encrypted)

Post by Anonsbelle » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:12 pm

They are encrypted.
You can find decrypted assets and everything on my website already: <link deleted by moderator, sharing assets is forbidden here>