Revue Starlight Re LIVE - PVR file (possibly encrypted)

Read or post about compression. And decompression. Or ask questions how to decompress your files.
iHaveQuestions
ultra-n00b

Revue Starlight Re LIVE - PVR file (possibly encrypted)

Post by iHaveQuestions » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:13 pm

Hello! It's my first time posting here, I'm not really sure if my question would fit here or under Code Talk better.

I managed to extract some PVR files from an Android game, but I can't open some of them with TexturePacker. After a bit of work, I realized that some of them are actually PVR.GZ files (but missing the GZ extension), and that I needed to extract the PVR file inside first.

However, for some files, this method did not work. I suspect they're encrypted, because opening the file shows that they have some sort of footer with "CRPT" in the last 8 bytes. I've tried looking into this, but I'm afraid with little knowledge, I can't get related search results on google.

Can anybody help me figure out my next step in trying to open these files? I realize that if they ARE encrypted, I'm going to need a key, but I would at least want to know what kind of encryption was used in the first place - or if they're not encrypted, what's the correct file extension/format.

I've attached 4 examples of the "encrypted" files:
encrypted.zip
Hoping someone could help me with this, thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chrrox

Re: Help in figuring out PVR file (possibly encrypted)

Post by chrrox » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:30 pm

what is the game?

iHaveQuestions
ultra-n00b

Re: Help in figuring out PVR file (possibly encrypted)

Post by iHaveQuestions » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:35 pm

The game is Revue Starlight Re LIVE.

Anonsbelle
ultra-n00b

Re: Revue Starlight Re LIVE - PVR file (possibly encrypted)

Post by Anonsbelle » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:12 pm

They are encrypted.
You can find decrypted assets and everything on my website already: <link deleted by moderator, sharing assets is forbidden here>