Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

SoulCalibur: Broken Destiny .epk file

Read or post about compression. And decompression. Or ask questions how to decompress your files.
NightKillerXVIII
ultra-n00b

SoulCalibur: Broken Destiny .epk file

Post by NightKillerXVIII » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:13 am

Yeah, I know this has been asked many times, but most of those post didn't have an answer (the only exception was a post that had a reply which stated that the file seemed encrypted).

I've been looking for a tool or any information about this specific type of file, I haven't found anything so far.

So I was wondering if someone had achieved a breakdown or something on these files. The only thing I've noticed is that, if you install the game data, you get in your savedata folder two files (which I consider somehow relevant): SOUL.BD, I couldn't help but noticing that the size of this file is the exact same of the data.epk file (253 MB). I guess that's normal, though. And a file called SECRET.KEY. That last one is kinda interesting in my opinion (don't know if every game that features a data install option has that file).

So I was wondering if there was a way to unpack the file if it's packed or decrypt it if it's encrypted (perhaps that SECRET.KEY could be important here).

I'd really love to see the contents of that file, since I'm looking forward on modifying some files that it may contain.

That being said, hopefully somebody can help me to deal with this. Thanks in advance anyway.