The rules have been updated, read them now: Rules!

Help with decompressing MCB1.bln

Read or post about compression. And decompression. Or ask questions how to decompress your files.
Zerks
ultra-n00b

Help with decompressing MCB1.bln

Post by Zerks » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:35 am

Hey guys!

So there are a few games released during the seventh generation of consoles that contain this file known simply as MCB1.bln. From what I've seen there is not much research done into this and what research that has been done has stopped long ago (viewtopic.php?t=7248&start=15). With that being said I started looking into extracting content from this game known as Suzumiya Haruhi no Heiretsu, and through that forum listed above I was able to extract some files that lacked any proper file extension, which while a step in the right direction, is still far from ideal. I was able to get some help on the XeNTax discord in which we were able to extract a .mdl file which is a lot closer to the goal, however it still seems to have model content compressed inside there at which kind of brings me back to where I started. I'm at a bit of a loss on what to do so I'm hoping that maybe somebody here could be of help?

Sample files: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/fold ... 9xGj87bM-z

Adb
ultra-n00b

Re: Help with decompressing MCB1.bln

Post by Adb » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:52 pm

Hey, don't know if it's still needed but you can open and edit bln files with Kuriimu2. The games mostly uses Spike Chunsoft compression (the one from the Dr games) but without a header