The most important news is that the game has debug symbols in the newest
2.6.0 release, so debugging may be easier from now on.
I was also able to partially figure out file format which can be found on the wiki
It seems that SSO developers have used some functions from crunch library
so the code there may be used to match types/names from game code.
Here is the package with crunch executables
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zrXWHn ... sp=sharing
And here is the instruction on how to proceed to get converted textures (but still encrypted though):
1. Register at starstable.com and download installer (v2.6.0 or newer)
2. Login to game (game will download CSA and CSAHEADER files at first launch)
3. Use this script https://aluigi.altervista.org/bms/star_ ... online.bms
with quickbms to unpack CSA archives.
4. Delete 25 bytes from the beginning of TGA file and change extension to CRN
5. Use crunch on CRN file like this
Code: Select all
crunch.exe -file <CRN_FILE>
but I hope that someone else will be able to crack this