Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Far Cry depload.dat files

Read or post about compression. And decompression. Or ask questions how to decompress your files.
bouvrie
advanced

Far Cry depload.dat files

Post by bouvrie » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:10 pm

I suspect the Far Cry games preload files/resources in memory based on entries in a world's binary depload.dat file. I would very much like to know what's defined in the ige_map_depload.dat file used by Custom Maps created for the games.

Now, unpacking Far Cry dat/fats with the Dunia Tools/daemon's Far Cry Primal extractor sometimes yields a depload in both *.DAT (binary) and *.XML (readable) format. I'm assuming the DAT's are compressed versions of the XML's, but am unable to decompress it. I know Far Cry uses LZO-X1 for some files, I'm not sure if that's the case here. lzop can't seem to unpack the file, and that's the only option I have for LZO so far.

Would anyone be able to shed some light on this? You can find the example files at http://steve.farcry.eu/files/FarCry4_deploads.zip

bouvrie
advanced

Re: Far Cry depload.dat files

Post by bouvrie » Thu May 11, 2017 12:36 am

hmm, nowadays I think it probably isn't possible to add fcc_main assets to the multicommon 'custom map' experience. So never mind the depload I guess...