Scaleform Gfx SDK

Read or post about compression. And decompression. Or ask questions how to decompress your files.
QwePek
ultra-n00b

Scaleform Gfx SDK

Post by QwePek » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:43 pm

Hi,
I'm trying to get sprites from South Park The Stick Of Truth, and I know that they are stored in .gfx file format, I tried to turn them into .swf file, and then use SWF Decompiler, but all textures are in shade of red :/. So I read about opening those files with Scaleform Gfx SDK, but I can't find download link anywhere on the internet.

Does anyone here have a download link to Scaleform Gfx SDK files? :?:

ikskoks

Re: Scaleform Gfx SDK

Post by ikskoks » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:21 am

Did you try "Flash Decompiler Trillix"?

QwePek
ultra-n00b

Post by QwePek » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:53 pm

Yes, I have tried "Flash Decompiler Trillix" and the result was the same, all textures colored in shade of red. That's why I think that my only hope is Scaleform GFx SDK, but it disappeared from the internet :(

123185321f
beginner

Post by 123185321f » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:36 am

Something to note, may not be directly helpful, and it's my personal opinion, which may be wrong

Scaleform was meant to use external atlases of textures. Among other things. The majority of games using scaleform I looked at did this. Unlikely they would be embedded... Not impossible, but unlikely...
As such, those red Sprite you see are meant to be placeholders. Those sprites in flash/as2/3 usually have some metadata, e.g. the name of the actual texture in the atlas/es.

Very likely you need to search for .tga/.dds/.png atlas texture files.

One final note: UDK (Unreal engine 3 developer kit) has some scaleform (sdk?) scripts you can look at, should you feel adventurous :-)