Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Tomb Raider 7 (Legend) (PS3): Gibbed.TombRaider7.Unpack.exe isn't working

Read or post about compression. And decompression. Or ask questions how to decompress your files.
GenericRipper
advanced

Tomb Raider 7 (Legend) (PS3): Gibbed.TombRaider7.Unpack.exe isn't working

Post by GenericRipper » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:34 pm

Hi guys, I experience problems trying to unpack a BIGFILE.000 archive from TR7 for PS3 (a part of Tomb Raider Trilogy release).

I got this version of Rick’s tool (the newest build I presume), set project value to "Tomb Raider 7 (PS3)" but "Gibbed.TombRaider7.Unpack.exe" crashed with this error (
attachment #1
).
Then I tried a somewhat similar program (the latest ver. too), moved both "Tomb Raider 7 (PS3)" folder & "Tomb Raider 7 (PS3).xml" file to "projects" folder inside "bin_dx3" folder, once again I set project value to "Tomb Raider 7 (PS3)" but "Gibbed.DeusEx3.Unpack.exe" had a crash very early on too; it gave me much more detailed info about possible reasons though (attachment #2).

Is anyone else experiencing the same problems? When I set out to try & rip some BGMs from TR7 I never thought that any trouble could wait for me on the 1st stage of the whole process...
Goodbye & thanks in advance for any feedback!

PS. I'm attempting to rip BLES01195 release if it helps; can this problem be release-specific (for example I had to choose US release to make "Gibbed.TombRaider7.Unpack.exe" or "Gibbed.DeusEx3.Unpack.exe" work)? It doesn't seem too likely to me after all...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GenericRipper
advanced

Re: Tomb Raider 7 (Legend) (PS3): Gibbed.TombRaider7.Unpack.exe isn't working

Post by GenericRipper » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:05 pm

I've just checked US release & got the same error... in case anyone's interested.
Bye!
Edit: the version I tried to rip was BLUS30718 this time.

Gh0stBlade

Post by Gh0stBlade » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:33 am

Read the instructions

PS3 is big endian so you must pass flag -b on commandline.
Click the thanks button if I helped!

GenericRipper
advanced

Post by GenericRipper » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:33 pm

Like this?
TR7.png
It doesn't look like this *.exe understands such a flag...

Later!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GenericRipper
advanced

Post by GenericRipper » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:30 am

If anyone's interested then here's the current status of all this: I searched for another build and found something, it had that --big-endian option so that it managed to extract data. Playing back sounds isn't possible though, it might be some new variation of *.mul AKA *.EMFF format and we'll have to wait & see if it can be implemented in VGMstream plugin.

So long!