Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Rayman Origins image format.

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
Doctor Loboto
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Rayman Origins image format.

Post by Doctor Loboto » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:43 am

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7690

Check the topic above for examples. Droolie started this expedition, and I fully support it. The sooner we have these unraveled the better. Anyway, they appear to be DDS files that are compressed. How do we decompress them? Any help is appreciated.

chrrox

Re: Rayman Origins image format.

Post by chrrox » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:44 am

looks like standard xbox 360 swizzled dds.

Doctor Loboto
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Doctor Loboto » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:58 am

Any way to fix them to be viewed properly?

EDIT: Been messing around with them by 'importing raw' via photoshop. I can make out some things with another file...
Width: ? (Trial and Error thus far)
Height: ? (Trial and Error...)
Channel Count: 4
16 Bits, IBM PC.
Header: ? (No idea)

Droolie
veteran

Post by Droolie » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:41 pm

I could use Unbundler from the Xbox 360 SDK to unswizzle them, but since it's failing we need to do something else first. Don't know what though... anyone help?
EDIT -> I added the same textures but from the PS3 version here: http://www.box.com/s/ryuuz3dzybuf0y5numn8
They are probably higher quality so maybe we should switch to looking at those :P

chrrox

Post by chrrox » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:47 am

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.

Droolie
veteran

Post by Droolie » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:17 pm

That's great, thanks! I'm inexperienced with this though, so I'd like to know how exactly you changed the header - that way, I could maybe write a script to convert the files to readable dds. I already tried for an hour to adapt your header to other files, but I failed. It'd be great if you could help. Thanks again! :)

Doctor Loboto
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Doctor Loboto » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:34 pm

Yeah, I, like the idiot I am, thought it would be as simple as copying and pasting that header in a hex editor and getting the same results with other files. Obviously that didn't work. Good luck on a script, Droolie!

Gh0stBlade

Post by Gh0stBlade » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:55 pm

I recommend converting the PS3 textures this is because the xbox 360 format is 'swizzled' like Resident Evil 5. You'll need a good 'unswizzler' algorithm to fix the textures, you may aswell use PS3 ones since it's easier, and making up a new tool to 'unswizzle' would be a waste of time.

Edit: Anyone wanna help me out with PS3 dl links?
Click the thanks button if I helped!

Droolie
veteran

Post by Droolie » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:08 pm

Looks cool!
Again, I would like to know how you did that instead of just seeing results. :/
I can't help you with the download links but I could help by uploading all of the textures somewhere, if that's what you want. ;)

Gh0stBlade

Post by Gh0stBlade » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:17 pm

Droolie wrote:Looks cool!
Again, I would like to know how you did that instead of just seeing results. :/
I can't help you with the download links but I could help by uploading all of the textures somewhere, if that's what you want. ;)
I am an absolute beginner myself. I am downloading it now, I hope Chrrox can create a quick BMS script or I'll have a go once it's completely downloaded. Thanks again Chrrox for creating a sample, it really helped.

It just required modification of the DDS header, you need to know wether it is DXT1,2,3,4,5 and width, height bytes etc, I have only tested on these 2 so I don't know everything off the top of my head.

Doctor Loboto
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Doctor Loboto » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:32 pm

I'd appreciate having the PS3 textures myself if possible. I only have the Wii version myself, and I'm not too keen on illegally downloading things I so wholeheartedly support, (I also would have no idea where to look). If you could give a link to just the textures, I'd be happy, as that's all I really need.

Gh0stBlade

Post by Gh0stBlade » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:36 pm

Doctor Loboto wrote:I'd appreciate having the PS3 textures myself if possible. I only have the Wii version myself, and I'm not too keen on illegally downloading things I so wholeheartedly support, (I also would have no idea where to look). If you could give a link to just the textures, I'd be happy, as that's all I really need.
Yes, I am downloading the game just to have a browse at the textures, sound tracks etc. It's not asif I can play it! ;]

I don't know if the Wii uses the same DDS format, i doubt it does anyway.

Droolie
veteran

Post by Droolie » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:41 pm

C00L12345 wrote:
Doctor Loboto wrote:I'd appreciate having the PS3 textures myself if possible. I only have the Wii version myself, and I'm not too keen on illegally downloading things I so wholeheartedly support, (I also would have no idea where to look). If you could give a link to just the textures, I'd be happy, as that's all I really need.
Yes, I am downloading the game just to have a browse at the textures, sound tracks etc. It's not asif I can play it! ;]

I don't know if the Wii uses the same DDS format, i doubt it does anyway.
Don't bother with the soundtrack of the PS3 version - it's divided into over 1000 segments and it's lower quality than the Xbox 360 version's soundtrack - which I (after lots and lots of work joining all of the segments correctly) made available... elsewhere (hint: my signature).
Here are the unconverted textures from the PS3 version:
http://www.multiupload.com/DCOHJAYYV0
http://www.multiupload.com/GINFPSSHWY

Gh0stBlade

Post by Gh0stBlade » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:48 pm

Is Xbox XMA audio format? I haven't found any sounds yet. I may aswell finish part 3/4 downloding pretty fast.

Droolie
veteran

Post by Droolie » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:49 pm

C00L12345 wrote:Is Xbox XMA audio format? I haven't found any sounds yet. I may aswell finish part 3/4 downloding pretty fast.
Yep, it's XMA with custom headers. That's better than PS3's MSF (which is AT3) files.