Textures of Beta Diablo 3, ".tex" files converter needed :)

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
MrRawr
beginner
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:37 pm

Re: Textures of Beta Diablo 3, ".tex" files converter needed

Post by MrRawr » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:40 pm

Made a lot of progress but need to take a break. Got quite a bit of notes prob have something tomorrow.

MrRawr
beginner
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:37 pm

Re: Textures of Beta Diablo 3, ".tex" files converter needed

Post by MrRawr » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:46 pm

Hey guys, well I found the link between .gam > .acr > .app > .tex

So I can pull out the 3d models and skin them etc, what I can't do is the (prob) easiest task of all... linking the 2d Inventory Icons to the items!

Not like it matters much but it feels weird that this is the only thing I can't figure out >.<

Anyone got that piece?

MrRawr
beginner
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:37 pm

Re: Textures of Beta Diablo 3, ".tex" files converter needed

Post by MrRawr » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:53 pm

done it. cleaning up now. It's a lot quieter here than expected :(

npd2006
beginner
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:15 am
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Textures of Beta Diablo 3, ".tex" files converter needed

Post by npd2006 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:30 pm

Thank you MrRawr for your work. I am appreciate that! I used it to extract many textures and all successfully.

MrRawr
beginner
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:37 pm

Re: Textures of Beta Diablo 3, ".tex" files converter needed

Post by MrRawr » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:13 pm

As much as I'd love to take credit for such a feat I think that was Boyc stuff :D

But so long as we all help each other the world goes round :)

afrokid
n00b
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:20 am

Re: Textures of Beta Diablo 3, ".tex" files converter needed

Post by afrokid » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:53 pm

great work so far guys, ive been watching your progress since you started and im impressed :)

i was wondering if anyone has any idea how to convert the .fnt files over to something like .ttf maybe?

InsaneXo
n00b
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:21 pm

Re: Textures of Beta Diablo 3, ".tex" files converter needed

Post by InsaneXo » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:53 pm

Anyone can point me wheres the reference between *.app and *.tex files please?
The # (first uint after 16 byte header) isnt referenced anywhere in .app, also if anyone have any though about how item names (from _atlas) connected to .app? Wheres the pointer to name? :( Thanks.

MrRawr
beginner
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:37 pm

Re: Textures of Beta Diablo 3, ".tex" files converter needed

Post by MrRawr » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:47 pm

afrokid wrote:great work so far guys, ive been watching your progress since you started and im impressed :)

i was wondering if anyone has any idea how to convert the .fnt files over to something like .ttf maybe?
I'm not in that area of the files atm sorry mate

InsaneXo
n00b
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:21 pm

Re: Textures of Beta Diablo 3, ".tex" files converter needed

Post by InsaneXo » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:01 am

afrokid wrote:great work so far guys, ive been watching your progress since you started and im impressed :)

i was wondering if anyone has any idea how to convert the .fnt files over to something like .ttf maybe?
Well, you can just search google for that fonts, all of them available for download around :)
Sometimes its called DIABLO_L or Diablo Light.
Also check out a Booter font.
Tried just renaming extension ?:P

afrokid
n00b
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:20 am

Re: Textures of Beta Diablo 3, ".tex" files converter needed

Post by afrokid » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:31 am

InsaneXo wrote:
afrokid wrote:great work so far guys, ive been watching your progress since you started and im impressed :)

i was wondering if anyone has any idea how to convert the .fnt files over to something like .ttf maybe?
Well, you can just search google for that fonts, all of them available for download around :)
Sometimes its called DIABLO_L or Diablo Light.
Also check out a Booter font.
Tried just renaming extension ?:P
yeah ive tried turing it to a .otf or .ttf but niether work.

i opened it up with 010 and found the url http://www.emigre.com/ in it and found http://www.emigre.com/EF.php?fid=95 on that site so im using that one now :)
thanks

User avatar
TaylorMouse
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:51 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 125 times

Re: Textures of Beta Diablo 3, ".tex" files converter needed

Post by TaylorMouse » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:22 am

Since Falo released his AWSOME script for 010 Editor, I managed to figure it out and pass it into C# .NET 3.5 and made a tool of it.

You can download the tool from my site http://tinyurl.com/griffonstudios.

How it works. 2 Ways
1. Convert 1 app file to OBJ
- in the commande line
- c:\>D3AppConvert2Obj.exe -f [app filename]
- this converts the app file to an obj file.

2. Convert all app files in a directory to OBJ
- in the command line
- c:\>D3AppConvert2Obj.exe -d [valid directory were you extracted all the app files]
- this will convert all the .app files to OBJ

I extracted all the app file to a folder and converted them all at once, this took about 20 minutes
I haven't found a OBJ that didn't work yet
I added some comments to the obj files, such as BONE information

Thanks to Falo :]

and have fun with it

Cheers
T.

Dsummit
ultra-n00b
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:07 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Textures of Beta Diablo 3, ".tex" files converter needed

Post by Dsummit » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:02 pm

TaylorMouse wrote:Since Falo released his AWSOME script for 010 Editor, I managed to figure it out and pass it into C# .NET 3.5 and made a tool of it.

You can download the tool from my site http://tinyurl.com/griffonstudios.

How it works. 2 Ways
1. Convert 1 app file to OBJ
- in the commande line
- c:\>D3AppConvert2Obj.exe -f [app filename]
- this converts the app file to an obj file.

2. Convert all app files in a directory to OBJ
- in the command line
- c:\>D3AppConvert2Obj.exe -d [valid directory were you extracted all the app files]
- this will convert all the .app files to OBJ

I extracted all the app file to a folder and converted them all at once, this took about 20 minutes
I haven't found a OBJ that didn't work yet
I added some comments to the obj files, such as BONE information

Thanks to Falo :]

and have fun with it

Cheers
T.
Whoa awesome, thanks to Falo and thanks to you for the nice tool!

I have a question though, are the materials supposed to be included in it? There seems to be references to external files, or am I supposed to extract something else from the mpqs?

Opened in Deep Exploration (takes like 15 min to open...) and I get nothing (though I'm a total noob with DE so I don't know). Worked in Blender but no materials. 3DS Max gives me errors. I'll probably try Unity later.

User avatar
TaylorMouse
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:51 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 125 times

Re: Textures of Beta Diablo 3, ".tex" files converter needed

Post by TaylorMouse » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:57 am

Thnx!

The references of Materials, are indeed references to other files, but not the .TEX files, there are files in the MPQ ClientData.mpq, folder Material, and have the extension .mat, but I can't seem to figure out how it works... maybe something for Falo :)

Anyway, there are some models like Adria.app, her texture can be found easely, but you need to do this manually, for now.

T.

Dsummit
ultra-n00b
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:07 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Textures of Beta Diablo 3, ".tex" files converter needed

Post by Dsummit » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:24 pm

TaylorMouse wrote:Thnx!

The references of Materials, are indeed references to other files, but not the .TEX files, there are files in the MPQ ClientData.mpq, folder Material, and have the extension .mat, but I can't seem to figure out how it works... maybe something for Falo :)

Anyway, there are some models like Adria.app, her texture can be found easely, but you need to do this manually, for now.

T.
Cheers thanks!

BoyC said he got them with 3D Ripper DX earlier in this topic, so I guess that's another option if we have beta access or we can use the sandbox.

User avatar
TaylorMouse
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:51 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 125 times

Re: Textures of Beta Diablo 3, ".tex" files converter needed

Post by TaylorMouse » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:51 am

You do not need to use the RipperDX you can convert the .tex files using the texconvertor that was posted in one of the earlier posts

http://diablo3dev.com/w/D3TexConv

I also wrote a bat file with the tex files to convert all of them in one batch, I still had to keep the enter pressed but in 20 min, all was converted

T.

Post Reply